Outer Banks beach erosion gets a fres...

Outer Banks beach erosion gets a fresh look

There are 185 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from Dec 21, 2009, titled Outer Banks beach erosion gets a fresh look. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

Loading... John Payne and Jim Apistolas fish off the jetty at the South end of Oregon Inlet on Saturday, Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
obx

Manteo, NC

#185 May 19, 2010
lmp98 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be a native, but you don't even know where Ocean Blvd is....pathetic
It won't last without a beach, so noone will no where it is.
Douchebaggery

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#186 May 19, 2010
There will always be a beach.... there's just idiot's houses in the way for a little while.
Star57

Angier, NC

#187 Feb 22, 2014
Greed is never satisfied and will continue to destroy all that is good until what we love most is gone. The greedy will run for office and the blind will continue to elect them. The greedy in power who own oceanfront hotels will convince the sheep that they need nourishment for the beaches and will convince them to pay for this nourishment which will benefit the few and rob the masses. Will the sheep ever waken from their slumber? I doubt it !
Awake

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#188 Feb 23, 2014
Star is right and now the Town of Kill Devil Hills has posted a warning on its Webpage telling west side property owners to get ready for BIG TAX INCREASES to subsidize oceanfront property. Why should those of us who chose a safer, less vulnerable place to live pay to protect those who chose the risk of owning the oceanfront? I for one hope the sleeping sheep of Kill Devil Hills will wake up and rise up before we get separated from our money. This HUGE tax increase and public expenditure should be put to a referendum.
Urineass

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#189 Feb 23, 2014
Awake wrote:
Star is right and now the Town of Kill Devil Hills has posted a warning on its Webpage telling west side property owners to get ready for BIG TAX INCREASES to subsidize oceanfront property. Why should those of us who chose a safer, less vulnerable place to live pay to protect those who chose the risk of owning the oceanfront? I for one hope the sleeping sheep of Kill Devil Hills will wake up and rise up before we get separated from our money. This HUGE tax increase and public expenditure should be put to a referendum.
KDH will not put it on a referendum because they know it will be voted down just like it was in Nags Head. Nags Head's town board ignored the voters and did it anyway. Same will happen in KDH unless the town people revolt soon. Bet that won't happen. It is easier to sit back and gripe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatteras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dare County estimates Matthew caused $52 millio... Oct '16 Randy l 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in North Ca... (Oct '10) Sep '16 Wicked 26
RAV4 AWD in Sand? (Jun '11) Sep '16 Surf1986 6
so many blacks (Aug '16) Aug '16 anthonygibbs 1
Homes (Jun '16) Jun '16 Lawless4 1
News 'Dr. Beach' chooses North Carolina's Ocracoke I... (Jun '07) Jun '16 Etta 13
Jon midgettof complete construction is a fraud (Aug '15) Aug '15 ExKDHcop 1

Hatteras Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatteras Mortgages