Pittsfield weighs hiring consultant to check for charter conflicts

There are 10 comments on the Feb 21, 2014, Berkshire Eagle story titled Pittsfield weighs hiring consultant to check for charter conflicts. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The committee reviewing city ordinances for compatibility with the new city charter and state law may request funding to hire a consultant to help with the task.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

shakes his head

Wilbraham, MA

#1 Feb 21, 2014
Maybe they should have done this before they adopted the charter ?
Baba Louies kid

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Feb 22, 2014
shakes his head wrote:
Maybe they should have done this before they adopted the charter ?
This is just an excuse to reopen the charter so that they can eliminate the recall clause.
donny

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Feb 22, 2014
who cares in general
Deathandtaxes

Bronx, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2014
donny wrote:
who cares in general
Obviously not most pitts voters since they didn't show up to vote in the first place. This is why the communist/democrat party is poisoning liberty with police state bills taking freedom and taxing the crap out of the average person so while they gain power and control and suck us dry of every penny the next step is to control your mind but yeah like you said who really cares let's keep living lives of complacency and submission to big govt they know what's best for us and our children it's a brave new world after all where promiscuity and immorality rule under the iron fist of the police state. F'n clowns like you and the intrusive enemies of the constitution should be labeled enemy combatants and dealt with accordingly.
donny

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Feb 24, 2014
Deathandtaxes wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously not most pitts voters since they didn't show up to vote in the first place. This is why the communist/democrat party is poisoning liberty with police state bills taking freedom and taxing the crap out of the average person so while they gain power and control and suck us dry of every penny the next step is to control your mind but yeah like you said who really cares let's keep living lives of complacency and submission to big govt they know what's best for us and our children it's a brave new world after all where promiscuity and immorality rule under the iron fist of the police state. F'n clowns like you and the intrusive enemies of the constitution should be labeled enemy combatants and dealt with accordingly.
who cares. oooo cry babies like you
PITTSCITYisgayas hell

Mountain View, CA

#7 Feb 24, 2014
donny wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares. oooo cry babies like you
Spoken like a true leach on the system why would you care when all your stuff is handed to you.
the city I hate

Presque Isle, ME

#10 Feb 24, 2014
Deathandtaxes wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not most pitts voters since they didn't show up to vote in the first place. This is why the communist/democrat party is poisoning liberty with police state bills taking freedom and taxing the crap out of the average person so while they gain power and control and suck us dry of every penny the next step is to control your mind but yeah like you said who really cares let's keep living lives of complacency and submission to big govt they know what's best for us and our children it's a brave new world after all where promiscuity and immorality rule under the iron fist of the police state. F'n clowns like you and the intrusive enemies of the constitution should be labeled enemy combatants and dealt with accordingly.
First off, I did show to vote. That was less the issue than the fact that the ballot offered no choice. Certainly no good choice anyway. But no choice for crummy mayor, and no choice for ward 5 councilor, who in my opinion, which obviously doesn't matter, is a city councilor who, in my opinion, demonstrates the same level of integrity in his position as a city councilor as he does in his position as a DCF monster. But anyway, it cost money for the current crummy mayor and his little brown nose "acting" chief to secure our city, and to hunt down 83-year-old men who violate the law by going through a yellow light on their way to hospital with heart problems, and lock them up in the PPD gulag, causing them to experience unpleasant memories and nightmares of 1944 Nazi occupation, and to deploy supervisors in the PPD on OT goose-stepping missions up and down Pittsfield's multi million $$$$$$$$$$ cultural district. Thus creating an illusion that we all of us much safer, in a police state.
Nancy Pillow-see

Tampa, FL

#11 Feb 24, 2014
We had to pass the charter so we could see what's in it.
donny

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Feb 25, 2014
the city I hate wrote:
<quoted text>First off, I did show to vote. That was less the issue than the fact that the ballot offered no choice. Certainly no good choice anyway. But no choice for crummy mayor, and no choice for ward 5 councilor, who in my opinion, which obviously doesn't matter, is a city councilor who, in my opinion, demonstrates the same level of integrity in his position as a city councilor as he does in his position as a DCF monster. But anyway, it cost money for the current crummy mayor and his little brown nose "acting" chief to secure our city, and to hunt down 83-year-old men who violate the law by going through a yellow light on their way to hospital with heart problems, and lock them up in the PPD gulag, causing them to experience unpleasant memories and nightmares of 1944 Nazi occupation, and to deploy supervisors in the PPD on OT goose-stepping missions up and down Pittsfield's multi million $$$$$$$$$$ cultural district. Thus creating an illusion that we all of us much safer, in a police state.
exactly. no matter what group. they name or enforce nothi g will change.

that's why I say
WHO. CARES. the people lost thier say
donny

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Feb 25, 2014
PITTSCITYisgayashell wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true leach on the system why would you care when all your stuff is handed to you.
yup. love free stuff

if u can't beat them join them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Public Radio to open Berkshire news... Mar 30 Bibi Netanyahu 4
News Northampton jurors hear police interview in Bil... Mar '15 buzzkill 2
Maura Murray & Molly Bish (Mar '09) Mar '15 MysteryMinded 18
Debate: Gay Marriage - Northampton, MA (Jan '12) Mar '15 David Kevin 16
News College-cost strategies for students, parents Mar '15 Praxis33 2
Evan Heller the kid toucher Feb '15 Robo Cop 1
News In the Berkshires: Pantries see rise in users (Jan '13) Jan '13 Mickey 2
More from around the web

Hatfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE