Senators rework driver's license bill

Senators rework driver's license bill

There are 43 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 8, 2011, titled Senators rework driver's license bill. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Undocumented immigrants would continue receiving New Mexico driver's licenses under a bill that was reshaped Tuesday night by six Democratic state senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#49 Mar 10, 2011
Rick O Shea wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's not let anybody at all in, right?
WRONG! Get a grip. Good Americans welcome LEGAL immigration. You want to make it easier? Im right there with you. You want to simplify it to an over the counter declaration? You must be high. By the way, Einstein had a very unique and elevated scientific ability. There is already a fast track provision in the immigration eligiblity requirements to legal residency for applicants with specialized skills and abilities.
Oh, so we'll let in smart people first, and if there's time later on we'll let stupid people in. That's a good idea. While we're at it, let's allow only smart people to have children until we can solve this messy poverty thing. I'd even go so far as to allow some with brown eyes to have more than one each, though of course we all know that people with blue eyes are best. They should have as many as they want.

I think we should have express lanes at the supermarket for smart people, too. And instead of handicapped parking spaces, we should have smart parking spaces. Smart people shouldn't have to waste their brains dodging cars (or wheelchairs) on the way to the front door.

Also, if we ever have to reinstitute the draft, we should give permanent deferrals to smart people, whether they're in college or not.(Einstein didn't do so well in school, you know.)

And hey, how come we let stupid people vote? Or stupid states have any electoral votes?
Let's totally rethink everything.

And to think that some people accuse liberals of social engineering.
Rick O Shea

Las Cruces, NM

#50 Mar 10, 2011
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so we'll let in smart people first, and if there's time later on we'll let stupid people in. That's a good idea. While we're at it, let's allow only smart people to have children until we can solve this messy poverty thing. I'd even go so far as to allow some with brown eyes to have more than one each, though of course we all know that people with blue eyes are best. They should have as many as they want.
I think we should have express lanes at the supermarket for smart people, too. And instead of handicapped parking spaces, we should have smart parking spaces. Smart people shouldn't have to waste their brains dodging cars (or wheelchairs) on the way to the front door.
Also, if we ever have to reinstitute the draft, we should give permanent deferrals to smart people, whether they're in college or not.(Einstein didn't do so well in school, you know.)

And hey, how come we let stupid people vote? Or stupid states have any electoral votes?
Let's totally rethink everything.
And to think that some people accuse liberals of social engineering.
LOL. Your the one who used Einstein to support your position.
Rick O Shea

Las Cruces, NM

#51 Mar 10, 2011
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
What's legal today may not be legal tomorrow, or vice versa. Prohibition required two constitutional amendments, and we ended up pretty much where we started. Nobody apologized to all those people who spent time in jail or had their lives ruined by a stupid idea. So just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong, or vice versa. For example, adultery and most examples of lying are perfectly legal.
I think a lot of anti-immigration (whether legal or illegal) people are scared, and often for the wrong reasons. I think a lot of people get excited because they watch cable channels that promote fear because it helps their cut-taxes-on-the-wealthy-at-an y-cost political picks, and helps their advertisers sell more gold coins. Do you really think most of those guys at Fox care about ANYTHING other than money and keeping their tax rates at a small fraction of what it was during the Eisenhower administration?
I think a lot of people who don't know history very well don't mind repeating mistakes they don't know about. I think a lot of people who were born into privilege compared to most of the rest of the world tend to take their relative fortune for granted while paradoxically assuming it's been earned somehow. And that people born on the other side of a iine on a map are somehow inferior. LIke people who believe in another or no God.
I think people worry that they'll have to learn a second language when they're perfectly happy only knowing one. I think a lot of people don't know how to read facial expressions of people from another culture, and can't relax when they encounter such people because they can't be sure what they're thinking.
I think a lot of people are afraid of losing their jobs to someone who might work for less. Ironic, considering a lot of these same people are anti-union.
I think a percentage of the population is bound to adhere to old or faulty ideas taught them by their parents. Kind of like those guys in the grey uniforms who died in an effort to save their economy propped up by slavery. Wile claiming it was for constitutional reasons.
I also think some people will never learn because they have too much invested in their past public and private beliefs. It's hard to admit you've been misled and acted like a jackass for most of your adult life. Some people would rather vote for George W. Bush a second time, doubling down on stupid, than admitting that just maybe he wasn't up to the job in the first place.
Some people just like the idea of a boundary. A nicely cut lawn with a fence that's really straight and has no holes you can see through. A nice trim haircut, clean shaven face, and a white shirt with a blue or red tie. Branded liquor instead of unidentified weed. A nice clean shiny gun by the bed to shoot any boogeymen who might sneak in, the way sneaky boogeymen tend to. You know, boogeymen who speak funny languages, wear t-shirts, smoke weed, don't shave often, or keep their hear neat.
Prohibition required two constitutional amendments, and we ended up pretty much where we started.

Prohibition was repealed because the majority of Americans were against it and our congress enacted law to satisfy the will of the people. Democracy. WOW...what a concept. Appalling that it is so foriegn to the majority of Democrat politicians in NM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 10 hr LC resident 6,892
another bad move by billary Aug 20 Bloodonhishands 1
maobama security be danged - i want my legacy Aug 16 Bloodonhishands 1
Yet another HILLARY scandal involving Email and... Aug 15 richkarma 2
daso and da office - another $210 k loss Aug 15 emeraldNUTS 2
nita tredway/rusak (Mar '15) Aug 14 Nita Rusak 13
News 41 mins ago Officer, a Las Cruces resident, was... Aug 14 Believer 3

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance