Some gay-rights foes claim they now a...

Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

There are 12364 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12767 Dec 12, 2012
"...On the other hand, they could say it's now safe to look at this because there is something like an emerging consensus. Quite literally, the opposition to gay marriage is dying. It's old people." - George Will

Isn't he YOUR boy? Uh oh.
PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12768 Dec 12, 2012
I must apologize to the elderly folks on this thread... I'm keeping you up quite late. I know how you old folks need your rest, plus I know that you probably have a few meds to take and pee-pads to change.
What

Bedford, MA

#12769 Dec 12, 2012
PrimaDonna wrote:
<quoted text>
Antiques like you are literally a dying breed. When you're gone, the upcoming generations - who are FAR more open-minded - won't resist gay marriage.
We're all just waiting for dusty old relics like you to shuffle off your mortal coil.
You are gonna be waiting a very long time for normal people to accept this. The dying breed make up a majority of the population. If they didn't, you and I wouldn't be exchanging disagreements. People are letting you come out of the closet. This doesn't mean that they are changing their personal thoughts or being more accepting. You will still get funny looks on the street and you will still not be accepted. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Which one of you is the man and which one is the woman?
MabelOheeny

Albany, NY

#12770 Dec 12, 2012
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
I must apologize to the elderly folks on this thread... I'm keeping you up quite late. I know how you old folks need your rest, plus I know that you probably have a few meds to take and pee-pads to change.
You are a very disrespectful person. Your stereotype of senior Americans as doddering old people without the full use of their faculties is completely...oops, I crapped my pants.

Gotta go.
What

El Paso, TX

#12771 Dec 12, 2012
Comment 12769 posted by the idiot too stupid to develop his own moniker
PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12772 Dec 12, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You are gonna be waiting a very long time for normal people to accept this. The dying breed make up a majority of the population. If they didn't, you and I wouldn't be exchanging disagreements. People are letting you come out of the closet. This doesn't mean that they are changing their personal thoughts or being more accepting. You will still get funny looks on the street and you will still not be accepted. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Which one of you is the man and which one is the woman?
Sure, there will be funny looks from morons; the same people who look a disabled person funny; but morons don't count...after all, they're morons.

about 6,800 Americans die every day; and the vast majority are elderly and anti gay-marriage. That's about 2,500,000 deaths of largely anti-gay marriage leaning people. At the same time, those old Americans are being replaced every year with about 4,200,000 new humans...new humans who will largely be pro gay-marriage or neutral.

Like your boy George Will says...opposition to gay marriage is dying...it's old people.

Sorry, but you need to find another cause.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12773 Dec 12, 2012
fr what:

>...You will still get funny looks on the street and you will still not be accepted. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Which one of you is the man and which one is the woman? <

Mind your own business. It's really sad that momma didn't teach you to not stare at people. It's really very rude.

Oh, and your question has an answer: None of your business. My WIFE and I have been together for six years, married for 4 1/2. We are a very happy lesbian FAMILY. Deal with it.
PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12774 Dec 12, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Many, many people already accept gay marriage; just because old fossils like you limit your social-exposure to Fox News and Bill OReilly doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of open-minded folks out there.

As to being "accepted"; I certainly don't to be accepted by the likes of you! Being accepted by someone like you is like finding out that Stalin wants to be your friend.

Go fix yourself a Spam sandwich and a cup of Sanka, old man.
Lawnmaster

United States

#12775 Dec 12, 2012
I support 100% the great pendejo's marriage to a dude. If he loves a dude may he get on a flight to Washington and get married. May he live in happiness.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12776 Dec 13, 2012
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, do you? You insist upon deluding yourself into believing that the youth of today are as narrow-minded and bigoted as you old farts; but it's simply not true.
You're like the telegraph and money-order; outdated and obsolete. Your generation's time is short, and your values and ideals are fading as quickly as your ability to prevent uncontrolled urination. You're aging grey cells don't have the ability to comprehend a loving married gay couple as a valuable component of society. You see the world in childish, simple, binary terms of black and white, right and wrong, good and bad.
It's not your fault...the same thing happened to my grandmother.
A hilarious example of your ignorant denial!

Most youth of today are spoiled, lazy, unhealthy, ignorant and hedonistic. Every measurement of social health for youth is in severe decline.

You are right about this. Morals are in decline. Narcissistic anarchy is the 'value' of your generation.

Please, give me a verified scientific value for evolutionary ss coupling. It is impossible for them to qualify for the fundamental element of evolution, mating behavior, the cross cultural constraint called marriage.

No one is stopping any 'loving couples', we are stopping the imposing of an imposter relationship on the fundamental relationship of society, the single birthplace of every other relationship in existence.

The idiocy of equating a sterile redumbant gendered couple with a a human fruit bearing diverse gendered couple is self evident. Even to a child.

It sounds like your grandmother loved you very much.

:-)

Location hidden

#12777 Dec 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Duplicate genders are a violent defect in the fundamental basics of evolution.
God does love him, but says no.
smile.
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
<quoted text>
How does gay marriage "constrain" anyone else's mating behavior? And, what exactly is a "violent" defect?
You know that thesaurus you got last Christmas? You're using it incorrectly.
Another example of your blondness.

Gay couples are mutually incapable of mating behavior. Therefor they are incapable of identifying with marriage constraints.

A violent defect is a direct conflict with the fundamental purpose of evolution, survival. Gay unions are even incapable of ACCIDENTALLY perpetrating their genetic defect!

No problem with my thesaurus, you need a dictionary blondie.

Location hidden

#12778 Dec 13, 2012
Pattysboi wrote:
fr what:
>...You will still get funny looks on the street and you will still not be accepted. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Which one of you is the man and which one is the woman? <
Mind your own business. It's really sad that momma didn't teach you to not stare at people. It's really very rude.
Oh, and your question has an answer: None of your business. My WIFE and I have been together for six years, married for 4 1/2. We are a very happy lesbian FAMILY. Deal with it.
There is no such thing as a 'married' duplicate gendered couple.

If you call the tail of a dog a leg, what is it?

Anne Ominous

Greeley, PA

#12779 Dec 13, 2012
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, do you?
LOL
You insist upon deluding yourself
Honey, I make it a personal rule never to open my mouth unless I KNOW what I'm talking about.
narrow-minded and bigoted
morons with no argument scream "bigot"
You're like the telegraph and money-order; outdated and obsolete. Your generation's time is short, and your values and ideals are fading as quickly as your ability to prevent uncontrolled urination. You're aging grey cells don't have the ability to comprehend a loving married gay couple as a valuable component of society. You see the world in childish, simple, binary terms of black and white, right and wrong, good and bad.
It's not your fault...the same thing happened to my grandmother.
ROTFLMAO!!!

Priceless! Keep at it, I haven't laughed this hard since I was a kid.

:)
Anne Ominous

Greeley, PA

#12780 Dec 13, 2012
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
Weak.

Lame.

Butthurt.

LOL
Anne Ominous

Greeley, PA

#12781 Dec 13, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You are gonna be waiting a very long time for normal people to accept this.
Yeah, until the next cycle of the universe.

LOL

Anne Ominous

Greeley, PA

#12782 Dec 13, 2012
PeenerTrajectory wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there will be funny looks from morons; the same people who look a disabled person funny; but morons don't count...after all, they're morons.
about 6,800 Americans die every day; and the vast majority are elderly and anti gay-marriage. That's about 2,500,000 deaths of largely anti-gay marriage leaning people. At the same time, those old Americans are being replaced every year with about 4,200,000 new humans...new humans who will largely be pro gay-marriage or neutral.
Like your boy George Will says...opposition to gay marriage is dying...it's old people.
Sorry, but you need to find another cause.
And as the younger more liberal minded ones marry off, have their own children, and gain wisdom, they will inevitably become more conservative and take their places. Having children changes everything. That's one fact that just doesn't seem to sink into your thick head.
JoeSchmoe

Albany, NY

#12783 Dec 13, 2012
Chumly wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just a matter of time and old people dying off. Look how quickly the Country went from 0 gay rights states to nearly 20.
Once the SCOTUS hands down their ruling, it'll all be over for you guys.
wow.. look at how long,(from Bibical times 3000 BC) to today that the so called old people died off, yet the DOMA is still the law of the land..

Also be reminded of those so called 20 states, the rights are minimal, although 6 states aloow SSM and most of those.. surprise surprise were not with the backing of the voters but rather legislatively passed.. Like NY..

There won't be enough crows in all of the US for those in California to eat once Prop 8 vote is upheld

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12784 Dec 13, 2012
JoeSchmoe wrote:
<quoted text>wow.. look at how long,(from Bibical times 3000 BC) to today that the so called old people died off, yet the DOMA is still the law of the land..
Also be reminded of those so called 20 states, the rights are minimal, although 6 states aloow SSM and most of those.. surprise surprise were not with the backing of the voters but rather legislatively passed.. Like NY..
There won't be enough crows in all of the US for those in California to eat once Prop 8 vote is upheld
10 states now recognize marriage equality, and 3 of those were by popular vote, even though fundamental equal rights of a minority should never depend on the popular approval of a majority.

Gay people have been getting married throughout history. It is time to overcome the irrational prejudice you were taught as a child.
PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12785 Dec 13, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
And as the younger more liberal minded ones marry off, have their own children, and gain wisdom, they will inevitably become more conservative and take their places. Having children changes everything. That's one fact that just doesn't seem to sink into your thick head.
Right, because we all know what great "wisdom" conservatives possess...things like denying that climate change exists, or believing that the earth is only a few thousand years old.
Lawnmaster

United States

#12786 Dec 13, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
10 states now recognize marriage equality, and 3 of those were by popular vote, even though fundamental equal rights of a minority should never depend on the popular approval of a majority.
Gay people have been getting married throughout history. It is time to overcome the irrational prejudice you were taught as a child.
I agree with you. If the great pendejo wants to marry his dude friend. Allow him to do it all states. He should be give equal rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lcpd no confidence vote Aug 19 Bloodonhishands 1
News Woman suspected of stealing $20K from booster club Aug 18 Bloodonhishands 2
Radium Springs Music Thread Aug 16 Musikologist 1
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Aug 6 Your worst one 221
News 'Life was cut short' for drive-by shooting victim Aug 6 Bloodonhishands 2
News 1 dead after drive-by shooting in Las Cruces Jul 31 MurderNearNMSU 1
News Man suspected of threatening deputy Jul 30 James 1

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages