Some gay-rights foes claim they now a...

Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

There are 12364 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Chumly

United States

#12747 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiny telephone surveys, LOL. Meaningless. 500 to 1000 people typically surveyed is supposed to be representative of over 300 million?
The VAST majority of Americans support Traditional Marriage. Always have, always will.
Gallup is one of the most respected polling agencies in the World....hmmmmm.
Chumly

United States

#12748 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
And they'll say it in three more once we get it back on the ballot.
Anne, referendum votes will mean nothing after the SCOTUS supports gay marriage.

You should find another cause, because you've lost this one.
Chumly

United States

#12749 Dec 12, 2012
Hey Anne...since you dig lost causes, maybe you could on Romney's 2016 campaign!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12750 Dec 12, 2012
Chumly wrote:
<quoted text>
Gallup is one of the most respected polling agencies in the World....hmmmmm.
LOL that's not what people were saying a month ago when they were predicting Romney.

Do you not understand the ludicrousness of the numbers involved. Do I really need to do the math for you?
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12751 Dec 12, 2012
Chumly wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne, referendum votes will mean nothing after the SCOTUS supports gay marriage.
LOL, get back to me when that happens.

:)
Chumly

United States

#12752 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL that's not what people were saying a month ago when they were predicting Romney.
Do you not understand the ludicrousness of the numbers involved. Do I really need to do the math for you?
Its clear that you have no background in stats. Gallup never predicted a Romney win.
Chumly

United States

#12753 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, don't you have a television?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#12754 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure we won't have to get back to you.....you will STILL be in these threads. ROTFL!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12755 Dec 12, 2012
Chumly wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, don't you have a television?
As a matter of fact, no, I do not. Nor do I need one or desire one.

You didn't answer my question about the mathematics.
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12756 Dec 12, 2012
Chumly wrote:
<quoted text>
Its clear that you have no background in stats.
It's clear that you're an imbecile.
Gallup never predicted a Romney win.
They had him leading by a point or two. Does than mean that expected him to lose?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12757 Dec 12, 2012
PrimaDonna wrote:
<quoted text>
"...a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a violent contradiction."
What the f***ck are you on:
Look, more people support gay marriage today than ever before, and that support will only rise in the coming years. The SCOTUS will support gay marriage, and it WILL strike down DOMA as unconstitutional.
You put up a good fight, but suppressive other people's rights never wins.
That is your argument? "WTF"??? Really.

Stating a scientific fact is "suppressive of other people's rights?"

Yes, I do put up a good fight.

You don't.

The rule is liars never win.

Location hidden

#12758 Dec 12, 2012
PrimaDonna wrote:
The thing that I can't figure out is why gay marriage is such an important issue for straight people? Why do you care if gay people want to get married? Do you live such perfect lives yourself that you have time to judge other people?
Really?

The fact that gay unions being called marriage has never been accepted by any culture from start to finish in over 8000 years of human history, and you don't understand why?

Could it be that they see the word 'marriage' describing a different reality than gay couples???

Just curious, are you blonde?

Smile.
Peenertrajectory

Albany, NY

#12759 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
The fact that gay unions being called marriage has never been accepted by any culture from start to finish in over 8000 years of human history, and you don't understand why?
Could it be that they see the word 'marriage' describing a different reality than gay couples???
Smile.
So, we shouldnt do anything that previous cultures didnt accept?

I may be blonde, but youre stupid.
Peenertrajectory

Albany, NY

#12760 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
It's clear that you're an imbecile.
<quoted text>
They had him leading by a point or two. Does than mean that expected him to lose?
The problem is that your aren't talking about "a few points", your claim is that the "vast" percentage of Americans support traditional marriage,.

Keep swinging, though.

Location hidden

#12761 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Smile.
Peenertrajectory wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we shouldnt do anything that previous cultures didnt accept?
I may be blonde, but youre stupid.
Where did I say that?

I thought so.

:-)
Lawnmaster

United States

#12762 Dec 12, 2012
Please don't be mad at the great pendejo if he decides to marry a dude. God loves him too.

Location hidden

#12763 Dec 12, 2012
Lawnmaster wrote:
Please don't be mad at the great pendejo if he decides to marry a dude. God loves him too.
Impossible. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Duplicate genders are a violent defect in the fundamental basics of evolution.

God does love him, but says no.

smile.
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12764 Dec 12, 2012
Peenertrajectory wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that your aren't talking about "a few points", your claim is that the "vast" percentage of Americans support traditional marriage,.
Keep swinging, though.
The point or two was Romney, retard. Not Traditional Marriage. That's a landslide.

I'll keep swinging alright, and hitting them out of the park.
PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12765 Dec 12, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
The point or two was Romney, retard. Not Traditional Marriage. That's a landslide.
I'll keep swinging alright, and hitting them out of the park.
You just don't get it, do you? You insist upon deluding yourself into believing that the youth of today are as narrow-minded and bigoted as you old farts; but it's simply not true.

You're like the telegraph and money-order; outdated and obsolete. Your generation's time is short, and your values and ideals are fading as quickly as your ability to prevent uncontrolled urination. You're aging grey cells don't have the ability to comprehend a loving married gay couple as a valuable component of society. You see the world in childish, simple, binary terms of black and white, right and wrong, good and bad.

It's not your fault...the same thing happened to my grandmother.
PeenerTrajectory

Albany, NY

#12766 Dec 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Duplicate genders are a violent defect in the fundamental basics of evolution.
God does love him, but says no.
smile.
How does gay marriage "constrain" anyone else's mating behavior? And, what exactly is a "violent" defect?

You know that thesaurus you got last Christmas? You're using it incorrectly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Cruces, New Mexico Sued to Remove 'Cruces" ... (Aug '06) Tue Hey troll 8
News Cattle Baron founder/CEO dies (Dec '10) Mar 17 You need help 32
nm cafe director lied Mar 16 To the Clueless L... 3
News BREAKING: Shooting reported near South Main and... (Mar '11) Mar 16 Waiter 79
Anyone Know "Doc" Daniel Brandt? Mar 14 Becka 11
News Undersheriff slides into new position with OCSO (Apr '13) Mar 6 Nojoke 41
Review: Reaper Repo Towing & Recovery Inc (Jul '12) Mar 2 Jax 2

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages