Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Comments
21 - 40 of 12,363 Comments Last updated May 30, 2014

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Charles wrote:
This is so true. In a recent LC Sun story on here, I counted the responses from people claiming to be gay and the responses of those opposing the gay lifestyle. 100% of the people advocating the gay lifestyle and claiming to be gay, called those that did not agree with them names, called the person claiming to be a white male a racist term (trailer trash), or made other derogatory remarks. Less that half of those opposed to the gay lifestyle made a derogatory remark.
The reason why people don't like gays is because of how they treat people. This group that preaches tolerance is intolerant as hell. They are militants that only seek to destroy those that don't share the same opinion. 100% is an incredible number. They have a long way to go before their cause can succeed because they are shooting themselves in the foot by being so mean.
Oh Charles, someone else was already crucified on a cross. Climb down and seek some other form of attention.
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

TardyMarty wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't have an answer to his question, is that it?
You seem to enjoy blabbering on endlessly without making a point, here's your chance to tell your side...go for it!
How would gay marriage affect your life?
This isn't about me, so don't try to make it about me.

As I've already pointed out, the answers to your questions are a mouse click away.

:)
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Charles wrote:
The reason why people don't like gays is because of how they treat people. This group that preaches tolerance is intolerant as hell. They are militants that only seek to destroy those that don't share the same opinion. 100% is an incredible number. They have a long way to go before their cause can succeed because they are shooting themselves in the foot by being so mean.
Spot on !!!
Willie4Wille

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on !!!
Still no answer to TardyMarty's question?

How will gay marriage affect your life?

We're waiting with baited-breath!
Alien Alert

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

shang guan rui en wrote:
This gay thing will invalidate my credentials. No one in China will hire me with gay thing on my diploma, and no more foreign business for Americans. No one want to do international business with sick culture.
First of all, no one wants you. Second of all, it's because you are mentally ill. Third of all, please surrender to the authorities immediately, as you are an illegal alien involved in known criminal activity.
Willie4Wille

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you can wait until you've drawn your last breath for all I care, suck-puppet.
So, all of a sudden, you're little Miss quiet? You couldn't keep your mouth shut about this issue...now that you've been called on it, you have no answer.
Willie4Wille

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Try to wrap you tiny little mind around this simple concept, sock-puppet.
I am not your servant. I do not do your bidding. I couldn't care less about your fking questions.
For the final time, the answers to your questions are available in NUMEROUS places on the internet.
Go find them yourself.
You're talking alot, but saying nothing.

But, deep down, you already know that, don't you?
Willie4Wille

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

When you don't have a REAL answer, just indignantly insist that you don't NEED one!
TardyMarty

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Willie4Wille wrote:
<quoted text>
So, all of a sudden, you're little Miss quiet? You couldn't keep your mouth shut about this issue...now that you've been called on it, you have no answer.
LOL! So true!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Willie4Wille wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking alot, but saying nothing.
First of all, no one is talking, they are POSTING. Second, replying to your own posts under a different user name is transparently idiotic! Don't you have a cross to go burn somewhere?

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Oh SantoRum1..."outed" again! Now run along and work your program. The doctor may let you walk the grounds today!
Unreal

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

How sad that in 2011 we are still having this debate. It's a human rights issue, let gay people marry!
Willie4Willie

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, no one is talking, they are POSTING. Second, replying to your own posts under a different user name is transparently idiotic! Don't you have a cross to go burn somewhere?
Do you have an opinion on this issue, or do you just like typing?
Willie4Willie

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

NE Jade wrote:
Oh SantoRum1..."outed" again! Now run along and work your program. The doctor may let you walk the grounds today!
Again, you express no opinion, just meaningless typing and insults...a nine year old can do that!

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Unfortunately racists, bigots and homophobes will always be with us as long as there is a right-wing. They have to have someone to look down on.

REP. ALLEN WEST FIRES INTERN FOR PRO-GAY RESPONSE TO TRACY MORGAN RANT

Tea party favorite Rep. Allen West (R-FL) has reportedly fired an intern for retweeting a message critical of comedian Tracy Morgan's recent homophobic rant.

A member of the audience who attended Morgan's stand-up routine in Tennessee recalled on Facebook that the comedian said that if his son came out to him then "he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death."

A member of the band Scissor Sisters responded with a message on Twitter.

"Dear Tracy Morgan's son: if you are gay, you can TOTALLY come live with me. We'll read James Baldwin & watch Paris is Burning. xxANA," Ana Matronic wrote.

After someone on Allen's staff retweeted Matronic's message, the congressman's office quickly deleted the retweet.

"Very sorry for the unauthorized RT. We were not hacked, an intern made an error and it has been corrected. Apologies to all!" West's office wrote in a subsequent tweet.

That apology now also appears to have been deleted.

Roll Call reported Monday that the intern responsible for the retweet has since been fired. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/13/rep-all...
equal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Tolerance of intolerance is still intolerance. Trying to deny to others the rights granted to the majority is clearly intolerance, while working for equal rights is the struggle for tolerance.
Willie4Willie

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage affects me because it just reminds me of how many hunks are out there who won't give me the time of day. I'm a divorcee who's looking to remarry because my husband ran off with some 18 year old bimbo with bleached hair and fake boobs. Every time I see a handsome stud with another dude it depresses me because that's one less guy for me to try and reel in. I think gays should do their business in private.
I see, so gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married because you can't get laid?
Linda

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Willie4Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married because you can't get laid?
I can get laid any night of the week if I go out in a mini skirt, see through blouse and high heels. I am looking for a man who is willing to make a commitment or at least to spend the night. Sex is a wonderful thing especially if it's the old fashioned, missionary kind. But there's more to life than sex and I need a good man who can help me around the house.
Matchmaker

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get laid any night of the week if I go out in a mini skirt, see through blouse and high heels. I am looking for a man who is willing to make a commitment or at least to spend the night. Sex is a wonderful thing especially if it's the old fashioned, missionary kind. But there's more to life than sex and I need a good man who can help me around the house.
Have you met zeldo?
Willie4Willie

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I haven't? How tall is he? And is he well hung?
Oh, I think you two are just PERFECT for one another!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hatch Discussions

Search the Hatch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
las cruces sun news - going out of business 19 min paul 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min scirocco 68,436
BREAKING: Motorcycle officer injured in morning... (Apr '08) 17 hr Retired Fire Chief 9
Review: Cisneros Locksmith Mon Yolanda Talamantes 1
Shake shops becoming cool spots to hang out (May '11) Mon moron 81
County has given hundreds of gay marriage licenses Jul 27 Belle Sexton 3
affrique (May '12) Jul 25 Sailboat1107 210
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hatch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••