Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6885 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Sandstorm

Scottsdale, AZ

#6861 Apr 18, 2014
bleeding heart liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not spent much time in the classroom the past 10 years. Hence you know not of what you speak. Teaching is an honorable and extremely important job after all the students of today are our future and at the moment it's looking grim. Everyone of us should get behind the teachers give them the respect and salaries they deserve. Parents must step up and instill a desire for learning in their children. Teachers should not be expected to teach unruly, disrespectful, disruptive students.
NCLB has done a huge disservice to teachers and students alike.
So, before you make such unfair judgements may I suggest you visit a local mid-school for a day. Tse Bah Tai [sp] would be a good place to start. BTW I seriously doubt you could last the day so take your business world job and shove it.
What the previous poster said about after hours etc. is true, plus buying supplies with your own wallet. And yes, some teachers qualify for SNAP. Oh yeah, unfortunately grammar is rarely taught anymore.....
You spout the same old line. Most of it is untrue. As for teachers qualifying for SNAP--not in NM. I do happen to know precisely what teacher salaries are here.
Sandstorm

Scottsdale, AZ

#6862 Apr 18, 2014
Oh, and back to the governor's accurate statement--teachers do not work 2 1/2 months of the year. They are contracted for 182 to 192 days per year....and, in NM, paid fairly well for their time.
Guess What

Scottsdale, AZ

#6863 Apr 18, 2014
This is funny!

The very second someone CORRECTLY points out that teachers only work 9 months out of the year, here come the standard knee jerk remarks: 10 hours a day; grade papers all evening; have to take college courses; on and on and on with the standard BS.

Teachers, you do not have the public's sympathy, because they have no doubt had to deal with you and your incompetence for years.
Now

Huntsville, AL

#6864 Apr 18, 2014
Guess What wrote:
This is funny!
The very second someone CORRECTLY points out that teachers only work 9 months out of the year, here come the standard knee jerk remarks: 10 hours a day; grade papers all evening; have to take college courses; on and on and on with the standard BS.
Teachers, you do not have the public's sympathy, because they have no doubt had to deal with you and your incompetence for years.
we get to the root of it. You had a problem with your teacher. My father was a teacher, my grandmother was a teacher and two siblings are college profs. You know nothing about the profession.Yours is the typical disrespect we have heard from adolescents who never grew up.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6865 Apr 18, 2014
Guess What wrote:
This is funny!
Knee-jerk?

You portray teachers as lazy people who get paid for doing nothing and yet the Governor makes about $110,000 and truly does nothing year round.

And if you dare state anything about incompetence you might want to really review Martinez's record as a prosecutor.

Instead of putting drug dealers in jail she allowed plea deals where some willingly went to Mexico surely to return and continue their business. She gave men accused of child molestation, even those that confessed, probation and did NOT have to register as sex offenders.

If you don't like teachers just say so. Man-up. But do not belittle nor ridicule their profession without any substance especially in comparison to the biggest fraud, Susana Martinez.

Because what you are really saying is that teachers are not worth what they are paid.

The BLS lists the average pay for a high school teacher at $55,050. Which works out to about $5,700 per month. About $259 per day. Working 10 hour days that's $25.90 per hour.

Now you'll jump up in arms and say that's too much, but who are you to determine the value of that profession?

Average lawyers charge $100 per hour. Construction/Contractors on some jobs charge $60 per hour. Police officers make about as much as teachers.

But of course if you compare a teacher, a position most often filled by degreed even doctored individuals, to say minimum wage jobs that anyone with a GED can get then yes teachers make outlandishly more. But there's a reason why they are paid and bitching that they get paid for summers when they don't work is not even close to true.

They are paid for the actual school days. It is a contract that is paid out throughout the year.

Much like actors and actresses continue to get paid well after the movie has been released.

It's a contract. You do understand how contracts work don't you?

Go to any court in America and you will find the lights off in any given courtroom. Looks like no one is working, but they are getting well paid for it.
Sandstorm

United States

#6866 Apr 19, 2014
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Knee-jerk?
You portray teachers as lazy people who get paid for doing nothing and yet the Governor makes about $110,000 and truly does nothing year round.
And if you dare state anything about incompetence you might want to really review Martinez's record as a prosecutor.
Instead of putting drug dealers in jail she allowed plea deals where some willingly went to Mexico surely to return and continue their business. She gave men accused of child molestation, even those that confessed, probation and did NOT have to register as sex offenders.
If you don't like teachers just say so. Man-up. But do not belittle nor ridicule their profession without any substance especially in comparison to the biggest fraud, Susana Martinez.
Because what you are really saying is that teachers are not worth what they are paid.
The BLS lists the average pay for a high school teacher at $55,050. Which works out to about $5,700 per month. About $259 per day. Working 10 hour days that's $25.90 per hour.
Now you'll jump up in arms and say that's too much, but who are you to determine the value of that profession?
Average lawyers charge $100 per hour. Construction/Contractors on some jobs charge $60 per hour. Police officers make about as much as teachers.
But of course if you compare a teacher, a position most often filled by degreed even doctored individuals, to say minimum wage jobs that anyone with a GED can get then yes teachers make outlandishly more. But there's a reason why they are paid and bitching that they get paid for summers when they don't work is not even close to true.
They are paid for the actual school days. It is a contract that is paid out throughout the year.
Much like actors and actresses continue to get paid well after the movie has been released.
It's a contract. You do understand how contracts work don't you?
Go to any court in America and you will find the lights off in any given courtroom. Looks like no one is working, but they are getting well paid for it.
You have made my point.

No one said teachers have a paid summer vacation. The correct interpretation is that teachers are contracted to work a specific number of days (an abbreviated year when compared to MOST contacted positions), and are compensated well for it.

As far as competency--results are easily measured, and it's more than evident education is failing. If you want to compare to other professions, NO OTHER profession would /could maintain with such dismal results.

Niw, whine and finger-point all you want. Not accepting responsibility for jobs poorly done is only part of your problem.
Sandstorm

United States

#6867 Apr 19, 2014
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
we get to the root of it. You had a problem with your teacher. My father was a teacher, my grandmother was a teacher and two siblings are college profs. You know nothing about the profession.Yours is the typical disrespect we have heard from adolescents who never grew up.
Aaaah yes. The poor, misunderstood teacher.
Aaaah

Huntsville, AL

#6868 Apr 19, 2014
Sandstorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaah yes. The poor, misunderstood teacher.
yes the misunderstood child who never grew up and still resents his teachers.
Remember

Denver, CO

#6869 Apr 19, 2014
The time that Speaker Ben Lujan went up to Senator John Arthur Smith and called him a racist S.OB. and a piece of s h I t. If you don't it is on you tube. That was Lujan saying it, not a staffer. He was mad because Senator Smith caught him trying to slide a bill through that the taxpayers would be responsible in funding a movie theatre for some friends of Lujan's. So this was right for him to speak of Senator Smith in these words? I don't think so. He could hurt people with words, but someone hurt him and it's a scandal. That's a double standard.
Sandstorm

United States

#6870 Apr 19, 2014
Aaaah wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers never want to take responsibility but are such fragile souls who wilt at the slightest hint of criticism.

Education is failing. Teachers and teaching (lack thereof ) are big reasons for that. But go ahead and whine. You 're failing at your job.
Sandstorm

United States

#6871 Apr 19, 2014
Aaaah wrote:
<quoted text>
The innocent student is your victim--the victim of your inability to educate. Results bear that out.
what

Albuquerque, NM

#6872 Apr 19, 2014
really helps validate Sandstorms comments is the teachers union, the true crux of new mexicos educational demise.
TheTruther

Sweden

#6877 Apr 20, 2014
There is no accountability in her government, and less jobs, and more homelessness, and less everything that is good.

The reason we are getting harassed is that there is NO ONE now to appeal government malfeasance to in her government, so it has gone wild. Rape, murder, and every other bad thing has gone up in her government.

Amy Martinez has overseen 12 new convictions of tenants she has helped move in, including one person who raped, beat and assaulted and held at knifepoint tenant, who then went on to commit a six count felony computer fraud case, while on two contiguous DWi's, and he was okay, but they spit on my veteran son, and won't let him move in at all, despite claiming they are supposed to put in Disabled american veterans first?

And moved in a wife beater with a fresh felony drug conviction? why? Did one of her kids get busted for drugs, or she herself did, and they felt it was okay to pay back LA cops (who arrested my landlord's brother and sister, and then involuntarily committed the sister to a mental hospital, is this some sort of way to help them drop the charges by going after me instead). So, that much just to harass? How does this make nm state government more functional? She puts in wife beaters instead? what exactly is chuck franco getting away with at home, given what we have seen?
Sand

Phoenix, AZ

#6878 Apr 20, 2014
TheTruther wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrance is right. If you look over the Mother Jones article, she is condescending, vindictive, and totally and completely untalented. Getting stuck with child abuse cases was usually considered the lowest type of prosecutorial case, and made a career of them. If it were not the fact she was easily bought and a tool for McCleskey and the Perry family (who she supposedly gave the money/donations back, but the article says they gave $450k total, hardly a return of funds!) she would not be doing much of anything at all. The cases she tried that were successfully appealed or dropped are extremely high, and even the NM SC has stated she didn't show enough aptitude to reveal she was an actual lawyer.
She sounds more like a professional gang-stalker.
I know what that is like. In Los Alamos, I testified at a nnsa meeting about my Dad being pluted, and then later posted online about being harassed by a lab employee with multiple felony convictions for child abuse who had tried to sidetrack and destroy my disability payments, and they all went after me. I am yet again facing eviction, and HUD in SF is trying to claim once again I never filed the paperwork. Amy Martinez guaranteed our rent would drop $100, and they are trying to get me evicted instead, and even put in a multiple conviction/arrestee guy who was convicted of wife beating and drug dealing, as a way of going after me for proving Sgt Regenold helped allow the child molestation and drug dealing to occur so he could get promoted faster, since he was an informant and kept dropping names to the cops so they could make arrests, and then let him off the hook. This type of snitch structure was revealed in the book Snitch Culture by Jim Redden and another book called Arrest Proof Yourself by a former Miami cop turned public defender. Amy Martinez claimed our own wounded vet son couldn't be put into housing with them ,despite the fact he does pass a background check ,but Kevin Herring was convicted of numerous crimes, and is still on probation/parole or is supposed to be put into prison, depending on which record or article you read. Last February they claimed, thru a woman who "lost" our entire file that we were not even in the program. This time, it is not Renee King ,the person who helped cause our first eviction lawsuit (we prevailed in court) and this time they recruited Amy Martinez, our contact after going to Tom Udall's office. They inch up the ladder each time, and had our worker Abel fired, too. I have a copy of the medical receipts fax I made, and someone gutted our file. Our governor operates the same way.
Good lord. WHAT are you talking about????

Your sentences are small novels and ramble from one subject to another.....and who are all these names you ramble about?

Just. Stop. You make no sense.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6879 Apr 20, 2014
Sandstorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made my point.
No one said teachers have a paid summer vacation. The correct interpretation is that teachers are contracted to work a specific number of days (an abbreviated year when compared to MOST contacted positions), and are compensated well for it.
As far as competency--results are easily measured, and it's more than evident education is failing. If you want to compare to other professions, NO OTHER profession would /could maintain with such dismal results.
Niw, whine and finger-point all you want. Not accepting responsibility for jobs poorly done is only part of your problem.
I really don't see how I made your point. You really didn't have one LOL.

Because here you say education is failing and you're using that to measure the teaching profession. Um states have standardized tests. States measure graduation rates. If New Mexico is failing in those areas then the problem is way more than just the teachers. In any industry if the worker is failing then management steps in to fix it. If education is failing then your state agencies should step in and do what they were either hired or elected to do. But they don't. That's where you state's failure lies.

As for competency every profession has bad apples.

You have good and bad mechanics.
You have good and bad contractors.
You have good and bad police officers.
You have good and bad prosecutors.
You have good and bad politicians.

Hell you have good and bad people overall and the bad ones get jobs and most often fail.

By the way it seems you ignored my math.

I said teaches make $25 per hour which mathematically is the contract for the specific school days. The contract is paid over 12 months. The contract covers the school days. But if you break down the salary into actual days worked it's approximately $25 per hour. How is that well compensated? Are you saying a person with a Bachelor's in Science or Math and chooses to teach should be making minimum wage? You believe they should make less then what they are making?

Lawyers are the most corrupt people on this planet and they are not worth the $100 per hour for the crap they pull. Oh wait that's right Martinez was a lawyer...
It is

Huntsville, AL

#6880 Apr 20, 2014
what wrote:
really helps validate Sandstorms comments is the teachers union, the true crux of new mexicos educational demise.
idiotic posts attacking teachers from know-nothings and the proposals to steal funding from public education for privatization schemes that verify the continued need for teachers to have a strong representative voice.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#6881 Apr 20, 2014
Average teacher pay in Albuquerque is $40.00 an hour.

CEOs Earn 331 Times As Much As Average Workers, 774 Times As Much As Minimum Wage Earners.

“leaning left”

Since: Mar 09

local

#6882 Apr 20, 2014
You will always have slacker here and there no matter what the profession. This includes teaching, although it isn't the norm. In an ideal classroom you would have 15 - 20 well behaved students yearning to learn, funding for the resources needed and the support of the administration and parents. Instead teachers are faced with 25 - 42 students with possibly one third meeting the above criteria then factor in maybe another 1/3 C level and possible several D level special needs students, and of course no classroom would be complete without the usual jackasses capable of learning but attitude and behavior prevent it. Add to that lack of funding and pressure from the administration and state to meet set standards and parents that show no interest in their child or blame the teachers for their child's failure.. Given that scenario I challenge anyone teach math or science and succeed.
Tony Betterton

Las Vegas, NV

#6885 Apr 28, 2014
Martinez prefers to stick to republican's worst attributes!
BarbaraZuckerman

Netherlands

#6886 Apr 29, 2014
Recently a FOIA lawsuit was filed against the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy, and subsequently a number of embarassing facts have come out. One was that "additions and changes" were made to the curricula, without review by legal authorities, by Gordon Eden, who was head of DPS AND a Martinez appointee. These changes advocated using deadly force when it was NOT legal to do so. The current DOJ investigation, and the murder of numerous Americans by APD and other PD statewide, are due in fact to Martinez appinting this monster.
Gordon Eden's assumption of the APD Police Chief was obviously just to short circuit the DOJ investigation, not by his actually acting out or getting drunk and assaulting office furniture like Darren White, but rather by being "pleasant", but not complying with either the investigation or even admitting guilt in any way. The shootings are in part directly due to him. His actions are in large part due to our third rate prosecutor Governor, who won police union support (a largely Democratic asset) endorsing police malfeasance in LC and her unwillingness to follow simple rules and laws of conduct during her entire career. Numerous of her cases that built her career have been overturned since she left office, and she was directly responsible for the death of an innocent American while in extended custody for no known or medically viable reason.[cite case with link]
Martinez and Eden both have reputations for not following basic morals either in their private lives or in their public jobs. Both have reputations for not listening to correction, no matter how illegal their conduct, and being socipathically vindictive.
This have become quite common in America since the Republicans took over Congress in 1996. Domenici was well known for his Sicilian tactics. So was Bob Dole. So, I though I'd compare the Eden actions to those on a website for combatting dafamation by and for academics.
http://www.bmartin.cc/pubs/backfire.html
Specifically, "What to do when you've been defamed" http://www.bmartin.cc/pubs/06whistle.html .
I dedicate this to James Boyd, who died for no other reason than Republicans run this state. He was molested through our foster system, and became schizoaffective, and was never helped at all.
Hebrews 9:22 Indeed according to the law almost everything was purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
When the Boyd massacre was made public, Eden the Liar told the entire world the kid had pulled a knife on the cops. The footage shows that to be perfectly a lie. This is true of Eden's Governor McCleskey too. She has stated over and over again things are better since she was elected. However, simple review of any and all statistics prover a liar too. Got to expect that someoen who has lied for a living ,will continue to do it when she gets a promotion. Eden does too. See, he could be sued for the deaths, since he changed the manual for teaching police which helped do just that.
So he has a vested interest i ndoing it. If you watch his face and tone of voice, he looks very much liek the typical wife beater, which Martinez has hired 6 of, including McCleskey. He seems to make a blank, yet angry face. Every word is spoken slowly, with an irritating and angry background tone to it, which gives you the impression he is just barely holding back from hitting you. Martinez does the same thing, just not so well.
His attempt is to save the state, his governor and the APD money, and his own as-.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please come see me 9 hr Yes Baby 29
demo rats running away from their history Thu Bloodonhishands 1
affrique (May '12) Thu anonymous 245
Safari Jul 27 Old School 1
billary for prison 2016 Jul 25 Bloodonhishands 1
Review: RGM Realty (Mar '15) Jul 25 lol 4
News NMSU plans to eliminate 126 jobs Jul 25 Really 1

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance