First Prev
of 13
Next Last
anonymous

Cedar Crest, NM

#244 Oct 29, 2008
A judge gave the Questa woman charged with the murder of her husband in 2007 slight leeway Wednesday (Oct. 29) by adjusting her bond.

Judge Sam Sánchez heard motions for conditions of release in the case of 29-year-old Natalie Lacome, who was arrested last June for allegedly stabbing and killing her former husband, Dennis Rael. Lacome faces a first-degree murder charge in the case.

Sánchez set Lacome’s bond at $500,000 with 10 percent cash allowable — meaning that Lacome could post bond provided that she could come up with $50,000 cash. Sánchez also ordered conditions upon Lacome’s potential release that she be under the constant supervision of a jail diversion program should she be released to her family's home in Las Cruces.

“There are a few things that concern the court. The first is that this is a very, very serious charge,” Sánchez said.“The second is that she lives in Las Cruces and that’s probably a 30-minute drive to the border. The other is the reports of erratic behavior while she was there.”

Those reports, according to Santa Fe attorney David Foster, included reports from Las Cruces police of several instances of paranoia on Lacome’s part, including Lacome’s fears that someone may have been stealing gas from her car or purposely putting viruses on her computer.

But public defender Darryl Bouchard said that since Lacome has begun taking her prescribed medications and seeing counselors regularly, her competence has fully returned.

“I don’t believe in any way shape or fashion that competency is an issue,” Bouchard told the court.“She was out of custody over a year prior to the indictment and she came to her arraignment of her own free will. I think that shows what kind of person she is. She is not a flight risk.”

Wednesday’s hearing was Lacome’s second attempt to be released from custody, the first being denied in July. Until Lacome can post bond, she will remain in custody.

The comment section for this story is closed.
Migrain

Albuquerque, NM

#245 Oct 29, 2008
WTF?
Saggy Boobs

Kailua, HI

#246 Oct 29, 2008
Wow! When an animal gets a little bit of taste of blood they usually strike again...So please put this bitch down because she is an animal!
Dumjudge

United States

#247 Oct 31, 2008
she is sooooooo gonna flee, why wouldnt she ? i mean come on. If this bitch get ahold of 50 g's she is out on bail and back on the prowl for another young man with a bank account. Gosh darnit yall this girl needs to be shot in the face. She sits in court eyeballing all of the victims family and even lets out a creepy smirk as soon as she gets a bond agreement. What a snake a total evil being.. shes scary alright the kind of female that needs more than jail time. Yikes beware Las cruces they mite throw this one back on your streets. And for her family that had to move becuz they couldnt take the heat in Questa, try not assisting and abeting a criminal it might take some stress off your lives. Seriously ......where the F*&@ did this family come from...straight out of HELL!!!!
Questa27

Albuquerque, NM

#248 Nov 9, 2008
q-town wrote:
u lose brain cells cause yer a moran
I AGREE!!!
Lucero

Colorado Springs, CO

#249 Nov 21, 2008
Awe Dennis... you're not forgotten!! She'll pay!!! Rest in peace my friend!!:"(
Nope

United States

#250 Nov 24, 2008
Nope not one day goes by where we all dont think of dennis ...You are forever a missing piece now and if we need her to fry to get that missing piece back...then fry natalie fry ...sizzle sizzle
KillersDeserveJa il

Albuquerque, NM

#251 Jan 5, 2009
Hi, its almost d day for husband killers. Natalie is the scum of the west coast. HATE HER! anyone supporting her, think again, cause it only means your F#@!^% crazy as well.
LooneyGirl

Farmington, NM

#252 Jan 7, 2009
This Natalie chick is a freakin lunatic, I met her in Las Cruces, she is sooooooooo crazy that if she doesnt end up doing time for what she did I might fall over dead in disbelief. She is the worst person to have around , she talks this really big talk and you can tell its all Bull, I remember thinking to myself this girl is making up so many stories and i couldnt figure her out at the time. Well now i know why. She dumb!
Mee

Albuquerque, NM

#253 Feb 12, 2009
Isn't all this typical of what goes on in Questa, NM?
SureIS

Albuquerque, NM

#254 Feb 18, 2009
Mee wrote:
Isn't all this typical of what goes on in Questa, NM?
It sure is but this one wont get away! This case will not be swept under no damn rug. this girl will pay.
Hello

Albuquerque, NM

#255 Apr 28, 2009
where is this girl anyway? does anyone know ?
StillMissingD

Albuquerque, NM

#256 Jul 16, 2009
The anger is gone , but the pain remains the same. Not one function or event goes by without wishing and knowing that Dennis would be there right along side of us. ):
WTF

Albuquerque, NM

#257 Apr 22, 2010
Questa murder case gets fourth trial date
Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:11 AM MDT
The case of the Questa woman accused of killing her husband has gotten its fourth trial date in two years.
Natalie Lacome (also known as Natalie Rael), faces one count of first-degree murder in the 2007 death of her husband, Dennis Rael. Judge Sam Sánchez gave the case what the case action log said would be its final setting of Aug. 30.
“There will be no more extensions,” the order said.
While another action listed in the case log delayed the case as long as September, clerks in Sánchez’ office confirmed that Aug. 30 was the firm date. The case has been scheduled for trial four times now since Lacome’s arrest in 2008.
Neither public defender Darryl Bouchard nor prosecutor David Foster returned phone calls regarding the latest trial date and both parties have remained silent on the reasons for the case’s multiple delays. Originally, the date was set for Oct. 27, 2008, then was granted an extension to April 27, 2009, then given another extension to Jan. 11, 2010.
Lacome is accused of stabbing Rael in the neck at the couple’s home in Questa in March 2007. Lacome called 911 around 6 a.m. March 8, saying that Rael had stabbed her. Lacome and Rael were both taken to Holy Cross Hospital to be treated for their respective injuries. Rael died during surgery for stab wounds to either side of his neck a few hours after arriving at the hospital.
According to police reports, Rael was aided by a neighbor when he’d fled the residence bleeding profusely. Neighbors took Rael to the Questa Volunteer Fire Department first before he was rushed to Holy Cross Hospital.
Police found Lacome also injured; the couple’s two small sons were present at the pair’s home. The case was transferred to the First Judicial District for prosecution after Eighth Ju dicial District Attorney Donald Gallegos excused his office from prosecution for personal reasons. The case was again transferred to attorney David Foster last February when Foster went into private practice from the First Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
natalie

Bellflower, CA

#258 Apr 5, 2012
thank you for not being judgmental in this. more was going on here then these people will admitt. dennise beat her and was trying to poison her and she was defending herself when he attacked her. he was not asleep on the couch. he was up because his travel time to work was about 40 minutes on a good day. he attacked her and she defended herself and won. lost a battle with the trial, but won the war for women who have violent partners. this war is not over and we will fight to let everyone know the truth of their relationship. thank you though for not being jugdemental. it means alot.
what Nice try

Santa Fe, NM

#259 Jan 18, 2013
Sure .... this last post is ridiculously funny, but nice try who ever you are nice try. The fact is everyone knows the truth about natalie EVERYONE. The only people who defend her are those of her kind and there are a few....hmm lemme think... Dahmer, manson, bundy um the deveil perhaps. Thats her catagory. So nice try but you fail once again. Dennis was not abusive natalie was a mental time bomb, unfortunatly she was with dennis when she went off. I see this crap everyday....she was nuts , Ive lived it so dont try and tell me she was a decent person cause she was as inappropriate and disgusting as everyone knows. Judgement is what we live off, she was judged and will be judged till the day she checks out....and based on KARMA that usually follows when you do something to this magnatude. I hope she is getting F*&^%$ left and right up in there. When shes out well see what other dues she owes. Get it ! youll never get the last word on this blog. Dennis, we love you and will never go down without making sure this "thing" lives a long miserable life .
Questa Mom

Santa Fe, NM

#260 Jun 14, 2014
Not sure if anyone still reads this blog, my child goes to school with Justin and he is a blessing, so smart and a great personality. My child and him grew pretty close and one day he said his mom is a horrible mom, and continued to tell everyone how she woke him up just before she killed his father. My child came home horrified and I have since looked this case up, it breaks my heart to the core, and I am glad he is loved and surrounded by great people. I do worry what will happen once his mom is released.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 13 min Bart 6,360
News Robbery suspect commits suicide - Alamogordo Da... (Feb '08) Apr 21 Mr T 95
News Alamogordo Police Department receives body cameras Apr 21 Mr T 28
News Las Cruces robbery suspected located, charged Apr 20 Informant 1
News Las Cruces man charged for biting girlfriend, h... (Mar '11) Apr 20 Nipple Preservation 52
Davin Lopez DUI Apr 20 Tom Jarmillo 3
Sonoma Ranch Life Magazine only puts white fami... Apr 20 Multi Neighbors 3
More from around the web

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]