NM 28 crash victims were expecting baby

NM 28 crash victims were expecting baby

There are 116 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 6, 2009, titled NM 28 crash victims were expecting baby. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A female passenger who was killed in a crash on New Mexico Highway 28 near Las Cruces early Sunday morning was almost five months pregnant, a relative told the Sun-News. Johnny Marmolejo, 18, of Vado, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#121 Jan 7, 2009
classydawg wrote:
<quoted text>Huntsville is not any better, your teen pregnancy rates are right up there I'd much rather live here than anywhere in Alabama.Hate never solved a freaking thing people it just created more hate.But then most of you morons keep going back and forth in a two party system of gov't that sucks and gives away all your money. Put the blame where it belongs on the welfare system and you morons that don't vote,then cry about your pitiful lives.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/A... (AP) Mississippi now has the nation's highest teen birth rate, displacing Texas and New Mexico for that lamentable title, a new federal report says. Mississippi's rate was more than 60 percent higher than the national average in 2006, according to new state statistics released Wednesday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The teen birth rate for that year in Texas and New Mexico was more than 50 percent higher.

The three states have large proportions of black and Hispanic teenagers groups that traditionally have higher birth rates, experts noted.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#122 Jan 7, 2009
What a tragic story on so many levels.

First of all..... the three deaths.

Their youth and lives lost.

The grief of the families who were seeminly clueless.

The lack of leadership from these kids parents or elder
family members to let these kids do whatever they want
to, and not even know where their 14 year old daughter was.

The lost baby is a forgone extra tragedy.

Pityful. Simply pitiful.

My heart goes out to the suffering parents and family.

Other parents......Please....
know what your kids are doing, who with, and where at.

Take charge.

Take back what is yours.

Or be ready to lose what you don't really value.
murphy

Las Cruces, NM

#123 Jan 7, 2009
Former Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
A slight correction:
Statutory rape is defined as sexual intercourse with a person who has not yet reached the legal age of consent. In New Mexico, the legal age of consent is 17. I can't see your logic behind what I will call your "four year rule". Where did that information come from, if you don't mind me asking?
Here is a copy of part of the statute for Criminal Sexual Penetration in New Mexico.
G. Criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree consists of all criminal sexual penetration:




(1) not defined in Subsections D through F of this section perpetrated on a child thirteen to sixteen years of age when the perpetrator is at least eighteen years of age and is at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child; or




(2) perpetrated on a child thirteen to eighteen years of age when the perpetrator, who is a licensed school employee, an unlicensed school employee, a school contract employee, a school health service provider or a school volunteer, and who is at least eighteen years of age and is at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child, learns while performing services in or for a school that the child is a student in a school.




Whoever commits criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree is guilty of a fourth degree felony.
Too Bad

Las Cruces, NM

#124 Jan 8, 2009
This tragic event and all the comments concerning it amount to nothing. Until the people of Dona Ana and other areas of large Mexican (not Hispanic) populations wake up.
I am of Hispanic, black and European decent. I get extremely offended when people of Mexican decent call themselves Hispanic. Mexicans are a whole different culture and a true embarrassment to the Hispanic people. Those of us whose ancestors come from Spain, S. America, Cuba etc.
Your people want to breed like puppies without regard to who will pay for your so-called mistake. You do not value anything. Many of you come from single-parent homes where your mother has 4 children by 3 different men and non of them have the same last name. You dress your daughters like hookers in elementary and middle school as if you were trying to exhibit them to the highest bidder.
The boys and men of your culture value having a nice car with a big ass stereo over education. Then it's being cool and having babies they don't want to raise as thier number 1 priorities.
Your people also refuse to learn English or even call themselves American. The only time you are American is when you have your hands out for freebies. You truly bring nothing of value to America. Your culture plays victim better than any culture in the U.S. Then you wonder why there is no sympathy for you.
Of course this does not pertain to those Mexican people that have actually done something positive with thier lives. As a whole the Mexican people need to look in the mirror and reevaluate your priorities and culture.
See it everday

United States

#125 Jan 8, 2009
It's not sharing of opinion that is offensive Bob, it's the problem with "I see the problem but I'm just going to rant and rave and be mean". The decay of society will continue as long as people do nothing but talk about it without attemptint to do anything to solve the problem. You are a very intelligent person that much I know but why not use your education and time by volunteering in a school with at risk students who may not have any type of male role model. If you could make a difference in a few young peoples lives they may in turn become activists of some type to push the changes more quickly in the hispanic communities. I apologize for my irate tirade yesterday, I know internet lingo but I knew that the young girl who was showing the lack of education problem that we both agree on might not understand and be hurt more than she already is in her time of sadness. I should not have jumped to conclusions about you and displayed some ignorance by doing that. My point is there are so many of us who are tired of the welfare system, abuse of children, teen pregnancy and all the other moral issues that if we all stood up and became an activist of some type we could hopefully begin to change a few people at a time and eventually we would see the results of our efforts. It could be as simple as reading to kids and letting them feel a little friendship, or becoming a big brother/sister to just one child. Our political leaders are not listening very well so we need to become the vessels of change. Do I think I can change all 600+ kids in the school I work at, absolutely not but if I can help 2-3 per year realize they can have dreams and will achieve those dreams through education and perseverance then maybe just maybe the time and effort is very worth it. That is really all I am saying in the end. The children suffer enough and we cannot always change the beliefs of the parents but the children are still able to learn change and many of them do if they are exposed to worthy people and ideas while young. I am the example of this personally, I grew up in a single parent home as the youngest of six kids, fortunately my Mom chose to work hard and not use the welfare system at all but those few people who told me over and over that I could be something wonderful someday made the difference in my life.
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Burque, that's just what Topix posts as my ISP. I'm right here in Cruces, so I'm qualified to comment my opinion on the decay of society and moral behavior I see all around me every day.
So if sharing my opinion on an anonymous Internet message board, would you prefer I start going door to door and telling people not to breed? Or to approach the very young and very pregnant girl ahead of me in the grocery store buying stuff with food stamps that *I* paid for, and tell her what I think?
It is clear based on the overall comments between the threads for this story that *most* people deem this a senseless tragedy that took the lives of three people (though it's pretty far fetched to call a 5 month old fetus a person).
The generic sympathy only proves that things will continue to degrade until it gets bad enough for civil unrest. Again, you are supporting the stupid.
As in all of history, positive reform will only occur in the face of extreme struggle and hardship. Rewarding the weak and stupid with free food, free health care, and endless perks is nearing the end of the line.
<quoted text>
That's my whole point. There is no longer a benefit to being a "responsible citizen." As we are seeing, the real benefit comes when you start popping out kids at age 14, do not educate yourself, and live off the dole.
ABOLISH WELFARE.
Swan

Houston, TX

#126 Jan 8, 2009
See it everday wrote:
It's not sharing of opinion that is offensive Bob, it's the problem with "I see the problem but I'm just going to rant and rave and be mean". The decay of society will continue as long as people do nothing but talk about it without attemptint to do anything to solve the problem. You are a very intelligent person that much I know but why not use your education and time by volunteering in a school with at risk students who may not have any type of male role model. If you could make a difference in a few young peoples lives they may in turn become activists of some type to push the changes more quickly in the hispanic communities. I apologize for my irate tirade yesterday, I know internet lingo but I knew that the young girl who was showing the lack of education problem that we both agree on might not understand and be hurt more than she already is in her time of sadness. I should not have jumped to conclusions about you and displayed some ignorance by doing that. My point is there are so many of us who are tired of the welfare system, abuse of children, teen pregnancy and all the other moral issues that if we all stood up and became an activist of some type we could hopefully begin to change a few people at a time and eventually we would see the results of our efforts. It could be as simple as reading to kids and letting them feel a little friendship, or becoming a big brother/sister to just one child. Our political leaders are not listening very well so we need to become the vessels of change. Do I think I can change all 600+ kids in the school I work at, absolutely not but if I can help 2-3 per year realize they can have dreams and will achieve those dreams through education and perseverance then maybe just maybe the time and effort is very worth it. That is really all I am saying in the end. The children suffer enough and we cannot always change the beliefs of the parents but the children are still able to learn change and many of them do if they are exposed to worthy people and ideas while young. I am the example of this personally, I grew up in a single parent home as the youngest of six kids, fortunately my Mom chose to work hard and not use the welfare system at all but those few people who told me over and over that I could be something wonderful someday made the difference in my life.<quoted text>
My 'solutions' remain, but they involve government intervention, so they are heretofore, a fantasy. But they are as follows:

1)Mandatory sterilization if one has sired a child out of wedlock, and does not have the means to pay for subsequent children. Norplant can be inserted and removed from the broodmare's arm when such time occurs when the sire is able to pay for offspring.

2)Make birth control off prescription and free.

3)Close the borders, no more immigration of any kind, period.

You'd see our country's budget deficit shrink, and our quality of life increase.
chico

United States

#127 Jan 8, 2009
18 yeard old impregnates 14 year old girl and puts his unborn kid in danger. family supports this. lack of education, no family structure, no family values, welcome to mexican culture.
Alfonso

Houston, TX

#129 Jan 8, 2009
whatever wrote:
I thought having sex with an underage child in the US was illegal. Why do these illegals get away with it in our country? This 18 yr. old sperm donor should be charged with rape.
Uh..... What part of the 18year old sperm donor died in the same wreck did you miss??
Former Resident

Sanger, CA

#130 Jan 9, 2009
murphy wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a copy of part of the statute for Criminal Sexual Penetration in New Mexico.
G. Criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree consists of all criminal sexual penetration:
(1) not defined in Subsections D through F of this section perpetrated on a child thirteen to sixteen years of age when the perpetrator is at least eighteen years of age and is at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child; or
(2) perpetrated on a child thirteen to eighteen years of age when the perpetrator, who is a licensed school employee, an unlicensed school employee, a school contract employee, a school health service provider or a school volunteer, and who is at least eighteen years of age and is at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child, learns while performing services in or for a school that the child is a student in a school.
Whoever commits criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree is guilty of a fourth degree felony.
Thanks for the information!
Too Bad

Las Cruces, NM

#131 Jan 11, 2009
People are always asking others to solve the problems of the many that are lazy and a detriment to our society. This whole concept of volunteering our personal time to families that continually show zero interest in bettering themselves is getting old. The last thing we need in this country is more programs and more poor baby it's not your fault rhetoric. Many people are saying enough is enough. We need a no nonsense, get tough approach to dealing with the gangs, pregnant teens, and illegals. Severe consequenses for your actions period. Until we stop pandering to these groups and others all the rhetoric, social programs and volunteering means jack shit.
rip my friends

United States

#133 Jan 23, 2009
ill never for get u 2 u guys r always in my heart
lucero-n-johnny

United States

#134 Mar 18, 2009
You guys need to get a life!!! Get over it. its not like they were tring to kill their baby. She was happy for her baby and would tell all her friends and family. They were happy, and if you are not then get over it!!!! They were a cute couple.
LUCERO-n-JOHNNY
Our prayers are for their family!!!!!!!!!!
Holladaddy

Las Cruces, NM

#135 Mar 18, 2009
The human race is doomed.
To you

United States

#136 Mar 19, 2009
Bob wrote:
If you're all so compassionate, I'd like to ask if you'd send me some money to pay for my health care and to load up my grocery cart every week. I mean, I'm capable of educating myself and capable of working...but why should I if there is so much compassion around? Would it help if I popped out a kid or two? Maybe that would make you even more compassionate!
I'm thinking about $1,000 a month should do it. If anyone's feeling compassionate, let me know and we can arrange for the transfer of funds. Thanks.
The amount of compassion you have is the amount of compassion you shall receive.
david

United States

#137 Feb 12, 2010
whatever wrote:
I thought having sex with an underage child in the US was illegal. Why do these illegals get away with it in our country? This 18 yr. old sperm donor should be charged with rape.
They are dead bitch why dont you just stop talking shit
Jessica

United States

#138 Jul 12, 2014
She was my sister nd hopefully wen u have a daughter nd something happens to her ull lrarn rotee in hell >:[

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) 18 hr mike t 211
News Warped Tour summer lineup announced Mar 27 West Coast Alert 2
News Las Cruces Mayor Ken Miyagishima to seek divorce (Aug '12) Mar 24 watch dog2 15
Illegals may have Drivers License Military may not Mar 24 Upset Parent 2
News Las Cruces, New Mexico Sued to Remove 'Cruces" ... (Aug '06) Mar 21 Hey troll 8
News Cattle Baron founder/CEO dies (Dec '10) Mar 17 You need help 32
nm cafe director lied Mar 16 To the Clueless L... 3

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages