Obama creates national monument in New Mexico, sparking border concerns

May 22, 2014 Full story: Reuters 21

President Barack Obama on Wednesday declared almost 500,000 acres of mountains, canyons and desert caves near the U.S.-Mexico border a national monument, which drew criticism from Republicans and local law enforcement that the move could put border security at risk.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Immigration F U B A R

Bohemia, NY

#1 May 22, 2014
Obama is a monumental a-hole.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

#2 May 22, 2014
It’s typical that the republicans would be against something that is good for the economy (country) just because President Obama proposed it… even Boarder Security came forward and rebuked the republican line that it would hurt boarder security.
But what else should we expect from the right, they hoped for failure and did everything they could to try and make failure happen… but Obama always wins; and when Obama wins the country wins.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 May 22, 2014
odumbos late present to the messicans and la-raza folks for stinko-de-mayo. just giving the US away a half million acres at a time. It will be a special crossing corridor that he will make sure is not patrolled and has adequate camping, lodging facilities to help the downtrodden into the land of milk, honey, EBT and free medical/housing. Whatta guy !! Thank god the next valid US president will be able to undo all the illegal damage the pretender has wraught.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 May 22, 2014
Immigration F U B A R wrote:
Obama is a monumental a-hole.
I agree. A monumental one.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#6 May 22, 2014
Turd mountain, the monument to the now-defunct teahadists, is in one of the poor red states.
Liberals Are Deranged

Sayville, NY

#7 May 22, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
It’s typical that the republicans would be against something that is good for the economy (country) just because President Obama proposed it… even Boarder Security came forward and rebuked the republican line that it would hurt boarder security.
But what else should we expect from the right, they hoped for failure and did everything they could to try and make failure happen… but Obama always wins; and when Obama wins the country wins.
The only thing that would be winning for the country is if we sent all the illegals back accross the BORDER with a Liberal Democrat like you under each arm. You better check yourself into resource room and learn how to spell "BORDER" as in Rio Grande. Dumbelll. Water boarding in spelling class would have been a big benifit to you.
Cat74

Naperville, IL

#8 May 22, 2014
These liberals are so used to taking whatever they want, like thieves in the night, they just decided to steal 500,000 acres of land for their criminal Mexicans. The rest of the country is supposed to just ignore their theft. Time to take their criminality to the Supreme Court. Has there ever been a more corrupt band of criminals in charge in our history before? No.
kneejerk nuts

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 22, 2014
no one "stole" anything you ignorant teabagger.

prior to the designation the land was public land, belonging to every American equally, and managed by the US Department of Interior.

and after the designation? it's still public land, belonging to every American equally, and managed by the US Department of Interior.

from illinois? figures. what do you know about public land? I get the feeling you don't know fk-all about National Monuments, BLM, public lands, or the West other than what you regurgitate from AM radio talk shows.

and the idea that somehow the BLM was more effective than the National Park Service at enforcing border security in that area? totally baseless. here's a hint you clueless dolts, border security is the responsibility of the Border Patrol, the same officers and same vehicles with the same authority will be patrolling that area next week as did last week.

stupid paranoid anti-American teabagger nut. probably call yourself a "patriot" too. shameful.

LOOK OUT, Obama sent a drone for you! Might have to adjust your tinfoil hat so you can look up to see it. LOL!
JoeB

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 22, 2014
Makes me wonder where this stuff comes from.
How could any reasonable person learn about the Organ Mountains National Monuments and come to the conclusion that the government "stole" or "grabbed" something?
I certainly don't think Topix users like Cat74 are bright enough or imaginative enough to dream it up on their own.
So what is the actual source of such Anti-American, Anti-Government fear mongering and paranoia?
kneejerk nuts

Albuquerque, NM

#11 May 22, 2014
it's easy to catch teabaggers red-handed in their hypocrisy. Just ask them to put their money where their mouth it and burn their own government handout checks in protest.

you want my respect as being serious to the issues of big government and balanced budgets? Then throw all your handout checks in a pile at the next Tea Party rally and light them on fire. Disability, Social Security, government pensions, all of it.

do YOUR part before even thinking of attacking others.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 May 22, 2014
kneejerk nuts wrote:
it's easy to catch teabaggers red-handed in their hypocrisy. Just ask them to put their money where their mouth it and burn their own government handout checks in protest.
you want my respect as being serious to the issues of big government and balanced budgets? Then throw all your handout checks in a pile at the next Tea Party rally and light them on fire. Disability, Social Security, government pensions, all of it.
do YOUR part before even thinking of attacking others.
Tell THAT to Obama.
kneejerk nuts

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 22, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>Tell THAT to Obama.
you have my attention for a moment.
is Obama often seen ranting and raving about other peoples' government checks while simultaneously pocketing his own?
please explain.
kneejerk nuts

Albuquerque, NM

#14 May 22, 2014
I first thought the Tea Party-types were on the right track. then, like most political movements, they lost momentum and allowed themselves to be hijacked by any sort of extremists. rally turnout numbers were more important than message or image.

take any recent Tea Party or similar protest rally. then
remove the overtly racist participants.
remove the hypocritical recipients of government entitlements
remove the violent traitorous militia types
remove the conspiracy theory idiots
remove the religious nuts

there's no one remaining. regular normal people have completely abandoned the movement.

so where's the Tea Party now? relegated to the ultra-right wing fanatical fringes who's only activity is lashing out in a kneejerk hateful manner at every government action, even uncontroversial mundane items like the Organ Mountains.
seriously, what sort of unhinged loony would spew hate talk and invent conspiracies in reaction to a new national monument???
MrB

El Paso, TX

#15 May 22, 2014
Teabagger? C'mon, that terminology does nothing for your argument
kneejerk nuts wrote:
no one "stole" anything you ignorant teabagger.
prior to the designation the land was public land, belonging to every American equally, and managed by the US Department of Interior.
and after the designation? it's still public land, belonging to every American equally, and managed by the US Department of Interior.
from illinois? figures. what do you know about public land? I get the feeling you don't know fk-all about National Monuments, BLM, public lands, or the West other than what you regurgitate from AM radio talk shows.
and the idea that somehow the BLM was more effective than the National Park Service at enforcing border security in that area? totally baseless. here's a hint you clueless dolts, border security is the responsibility of the Border Patrol, the same officers and same vehicles with the same authority will be patrolling that area next week as did last week.
stupid paranoid anti-American teabagger nut. probably call yourself a "patriot" too. shameful.
LOOK OUT, Obama sent a drone for you! Might have to adjust your tinfoil hat so you can look up to see it. LOL!
kneejerk nuts

Albuquerque, NM

#16 May 22, 2014
MrB wrote:
Teabagger? C'mon, that terminology does nothing for your argument
<quoted text>
compared to the foul hateful posts that preceded mine, using a common jibe seems like a relatively minor transgression. whats your real beef?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#18 May 22, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
These liberals are so used to taking whatever they want, like thieves in the night, they just decided to steal 500,000 acres of land for their criminal Mexicans. The rest of the country is supposed to just ignore their theft. Time to take their criminality to the Supreme Court. Has there ever been a more corrupt band of criminals in charge in our history before? No.
You get good use from 5 years of being in 3rd grade. The land is US Property.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#19 May 22, 2014
These Tea Party supporters are clinging onto a sinking ship.
Difficult for them to accept there reality of being dispised by America. Their ship has sailed and wrecked.
Sick of stupid

Albuquerque, NM

#20 May 22, 2014
"lolol" should learn to be more respectful when grownups are talking. Either spend five minutes actually learning about the issue or STFU.

The new park is miles from the Mexican border. And that border area is one of the most secure areas between The Gulf and the Pacific Ocean thanks to the new fence. And who was the president who pushed for the fence to be built? Must have been Reagan, right? Moron.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#21 May 22, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
It’s typical that the republicans would be against something that is good for the economy (country) just because President Obama proposed it… even Boarder Security came forward and rebuked the republican line that it would hurt boarder security.
But what else should we expect from the right, they hoped for failure and did everything they could to try and make failure happen… but Obama always wins; and when Obama wins the country wins.
True, true, true. Kentucky just reelected ol' Mitch McConnell after his spending
the preceding five years sitting in the Senate latrine phoning in over 300 silent
filibusters trying to derail Obama's presidency. I didn't think there were
that many clueless hillbillies in the state to reelect that useless piece of
human waste. Somebody, for God's sake, should have just shoved him down
their two-holer. Where he belongs.
Cat74

Des Plaines, IL

#23 May 23, 2014
Not only did they re elect Sen McConnell they will give him the Senate majority in November. I hope he learned something while he was minority leader, because we so need leaders. Democrats think they can label all Republicans tea party, or something, and they won't get elected. The sad truth is no one is paying any attention to Democrats because they lie so much. People say all politicians lie, and maybe that is true, but lately Democrats have made lying into a fine art. It is as though they can no longer determine the truth,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 69,402
Former NMSU regent Laura Conniff named to space... Fri OMG 1
Al Sharpton - Head Race Bater Fri Kosher Frank 2
Hatch, NM a Speed Trap and "Tourist Gotcha" Thu YouBetterBelieveIt 8
Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to judicial p... (Mar '11) Sep 17 Poodle 12
Forghedaboudit joins Silver restaurant row Sep 16 Drifter 6
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Sep 16 DesertLady 168
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Dona Ana County was issued at September 21 at 3:50AM MDT

•••
•••
•••

Hatch Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hatch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hatch
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••