Dry growing season might hurt chile crop

Dry growing season might hurt chile crop

There are 3 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 28, 2011, titled Dry growing season might hurt chile crop. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Tough straits for farmers this season in the Hatch area could result in higher retail prices for green chile lovers later this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Max Cherry

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Mar 29, 2011
When asked why we pay the same for the irrigation when we get less to irrigate. We are told because EBID still has to employ people to monitor the situation. Maybe they should employ less people to watch dry ditches and cut the people a break.
Okay

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 29, 2011
I clearly remember NM letting Texas use the Rio Grande water before our farmers even got a lick of it. This is so much BS
grecianformula2

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Mar 29, 2011
Okay wrote:
I clearly remember NM letting Texas use the Rio Grande water before our farmers even got a lick of it. This is so much BS
Yeah, I can't beleive we are following the law. What schmucks we must be. Did you ever think that if NM didnt follow the law, Colorado might decide to not follow the law and keep all of THEIR Rio Grande water for themselves? Ummhmm. Then where would we be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attorney general meets in private with bill cli... Thu Bloodonhishands 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Jun 28 Harold P 6,867
bobsie twins (two liars on stage together) Jun 28 Bloodonhishands 1
please come see me Jun 28 Yes Baby 26
las cruces sun news sucks! Jun 27 Stopthepaperfools 2
affrique (May '12) Jun 26 anonymous 243
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Jun 25 Suicidel freak 209

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance