Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72021 Apr 20, 2014
“True knowledge is not attained by thinking. It is what you essentially are; it is what you become.”

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72022 Apr 20, 2014
"The Truth-Consciousness Force made the universe, not a blind Nature-Force."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72023 Apr 20, 2014
"If you want peace upon earth first establish peace in your heart. If you want union in the world, first unify the different parts of your own being. Change yourself and the circumstances will change."

- The Mother

(Sri Aurobindo's spiritual collaborator)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72024 Apr 20, 2014
"The true freedom is to be free from desire."

- The Mother

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72025 Apr 20, 2014
"The total elimination of the sex-impulse is one of the most difficult things in the yog sadhana (yogic discipline) and one must be prepared for it to take time. But its total disappearance has been achieved and a practical liberation crossed only by occasional dream-movements from the subconscient is fairly common."

- Sri Aurobindo, Letters on Yoga Vol 24

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72026 Apr 20, 2014
"When we have passed beyond knowings, then we shall have Knowledge. Reason was the helper; Reason is the bar. When we have passed beyond willings, then we shall have Power. Effort was the helper; Effort is the bar. When we have passed beyond enjoyings, then we shall have Bliss. Desire was the helper; Desire is the bar. When we have passed beyond individualizing, then we shall be real Persons. Ego was the helper; Ego is the bar. When we have passed beyond humanity, then we shall be the Man. The Animal was the helper; the Animal is the bar. Transform reason into ordered intuition; let all thyself be light. This is thy goal. Transform effort into an easy and sovereign overflowing of the psychic-strength; let all thyself be conscious force. This is thy goal. Transform enjoying into an even and objectless ecstasy; let all thyself be bliss. This is thy goal. Transform the divided individual into the cosmic-personality; let all thyself be the highest state. This is thy goal. Transform the Animal into the Supramental Self; let all thyself be it. This is thy goal."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72027 Apr 20, 2014
SUPRAMENTALIZATION

"The supramental transformation, the supramental evolution must carry with it a lifting of mind, life and body out of themselves into a greater way of being in which yet their own ways and powers would be, not suppressed or abolished, but perfected and fulfilled by the self-exceeding."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72028 Apr 20, 2014
AIM

"An aimless life is always a troubled life. Every individual should have an aim. But do not forget that the quality of your aim will depend the quality of your life. Your aim should be high and wide, generous and disinterested; this will make your life precious to yourself and to others. Whatever your ideal, it cannot be perfectly realized unless you have realized perfection in yourself."

-Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72029 Apr 20, 2014
SEER VERSUS THINKER

"The consciousness of the seer, is a greater power for knowledge than the consciousness of the thinker. The perceptual power of the inner sight is greater and more direct than the perceptual power of thought:..."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72030 Apr 21, 2014
OUTGROWING THE BODY-CONSCIOUSNESS

"We can arrive, via the yogic route, at a point where the preservation of the individual activities is no longer inconsistent with our comprehension of the cosmic consciousness or our attainment to the transcendent and supracosmic."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72031 Apr 21, 2014
"For all problems of existence are essentially problems of harmony."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72032 Apr 21, 2014
CRISIS OF MORALITY

"Humanity's true moral test, its fundamental test, consists of its attitude toward those who are at its mercy - animals. And in this respect, human kind has suffered a fundamental debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72033 Apr 21, 2014
BREAK MORBID HABITS

"All life is the play of universal forces. The individual gives a personal form to these universal forces. But he can choose whether he shall respond or not to the action of a particular force. Only most people do not really choose - they indulge the play of the forces. Your illnesses, depressions, sorrows, addictions, fears, etc, are the repeated play of such forces. It is only when one can make oneself free of them that one can be the true person and have a true life - but one can be free only by living in the Self and acting on all things from that higher poise."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72034 Apr 21, 2014
"The great are strongest when they stand alone."

- Sri Aurobindo

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72035 Apr 21, 2014
“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”

- Winnie-the-Pooh

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72036 Apr 21, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The grand aim is perfection. Perfection is the highest freedom. Life is all about taking the first few steps towards perfection. It takes numerous lifetimes to achieve the state of perfection. Begin now.
Is there a thing called perfection?

What is perfection?

Who decide what is perfect and what is not?

How do you know if and when you achieved it?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72037 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”

- Winnie-the-Pooh
Hello Papa.

Yeah, how about lunch?

It's lunch time, here.

I am going out. I am in the process of finalizing a deal for the outright purchase of a large and well developed verdant estate on the outskirts of Mumbai. The owner is a wealthy Mumbai-based businessman. If I manage to acquire the property, I may shift there on weekends or later in life I may shift there permanently. The place is really beautiful.

Bye.

Leaving for the meeting. Will be back in three hours. Hope I clinch the deal today itself since he is showing signs of giving in to my offer.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72038 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not like peanut butter, but it is obvious you are nuts anyhow
Not to be pedantic, but always heard peanuts were legumes.

(Which is also not to say that I don't agree with you.)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72039 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people I know can operate on two levels simultaneously - helping the poor at the personal level while engaging in some type of life work that may lead to a better world at the level of their profession.
You are impersonally "blaming the victim" . Not nice, and not 100% correct.
And I still think you are promoting Nazi philosophy. Everytime I give you an opp to refute this, you reinforce it instead.
And it sounds like a threw in a little Ayn Rand just to be an extra nice guy.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72040 Apr 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Easter.
Thanks, and I hope Passover was good.

Always good to have a long weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attorney general meets in private with bill cli... Thu Bloodonhishands 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Tue Harold P 6,867
bobsie twins (two liars on stage together) Jun 28 Bloodonhishands 1
please come see me Jun 28 Yes Baby 26
las cruces sun news sucks! Jun 27 Stopthepaperfools 2
affrique (May '12) Jun 26 anonymous 243
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Jun 25 Suicidel freak 209

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance