Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
65,141 - 65,160 of 68,925 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
.......HughBe---- Jealousy is not involved what is is happiness as I am happy for both of you.
Now that you know reality it is my hope that the hurt disappears.
Much love to you my fellow man and Joel's fellow.
Thank you for taking away the hurt.

But I am still YOUR special fella.

What are you wearing today?(Both above and below the equator...)

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. will keep than in mind for future visits.
A villa in Tuscany sounds like a very nice thing to have.
George Clooney has a villa in Italy somewhere I believe.
Have you ever seen the movie "The Godfather?"
Some of it was filmed in Italy.
I think he has more than one villa, some say he has four at Como Lake, north Italy.

Never seen The Godfather.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles -- "George Washington Carver reputedly discovered three hundred uses for peanuts..."They also credit him possibly for the proliferation of peanut butter...
Also,"....Jamaican Peanut porridge is a delicious breakfast treat. It is a favorite of vegetarians because it is high in protein..........
Eric---I figured it out...He likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!
HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Now take a look at the complete sentence below.
"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Now Eric, have I not repeatedly told you that I am not like you and Frijoles? YES. So, please remember and understand it now. Thank you.
You might not like peanut butter, but it is obvious you are nuts anyhow

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Cheap charity of this kind can alleviate human material want for the moment but cannot eradicate poverty in the person's life if he lacks the capacities of diligence and sincerity to better his living conditions.
Besides, despite billions being spent on charity, poverty still continues unabated and in fact the number of poor is on the rise everywhere.
Most importantly, materialistic philanthropy cannot better a person's morals nor can it change a person's innate capacity nor can it cause a shift in his consciousness.
The advice I offer the middle classes and the poor is to marry late or to stay single if lack of money is a constant problem despite one's best efforts or to marry late and to produce just 1 kid.
I make it clear that being a burden on others is not a good thing and that one should take responsibility for all of one's actions and bear the consequences while seeking minimal material inputs from state or from private donors. No passing the buck.
In general, the advice I give rich and poor is to marry and to procreate after taking into consideration social, economical, health, family history, educational, personality, temperament and other compatibility factors so that suffering does not increase but is reduced due to marital alliance.
Most people I know can operate on two levels simultaneously - helping the poor at the personal level while engaging in some type of life work that may lead to a better world at the level of their profession.

You are impersonally "blaming the victim" . Not nice, and not 100% correct.

And I still think you are promoting Nazi philosophy. Everytime I give you an opp to refute this, you reinforce it instead.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace and harmony has never prevailed in the ME.
Peace and harmony never prevailed anywhere. Neither within you.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>If the sites are holy then shouldn't peace and harmony and illumination prevail in the region instead of continuing violence, stark ignorance, barbarism, naked racism, illegal occupation, wars, terrorism, false flags, treachery and the like?
Not necessarily a holy place should be prevailed by peace, armony and illumination.

The condition of holy and unholy depends only by men.

Men always dwell between good and evil, thus the conditions mentioned by you cannot be fullfilled.

Even your river is supposed to be holy but it turned out to be the filthiest cemetery, full of corpses. Yuck!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you're making silly excuses to cover up the barbarism of the ME tribes especially the Egyptians, Arabs and Hebrews when evidence to the contrary exists, as, for instance, the vile events narrated in scripture.
I make no excuses. I just put things into context. The world is a tough neighborhood. Or not. depending on your cognitive bias.

Its evident from your posts that you are possessed on the ME issue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Any idiot can see that a person is the architect of his own destiny and that simply giving away in charity cannot reduce suffering/poverty in the world and the evidence on offer is that despite spending trillions of dollars in helping the poor over the millennia yet poverty remains and is spreading everywhere.
The poor are suffering due to lack of money and on account of personality defects, while the wealthy are suffering due to personality flaws.
So, aside from giving a token amount to the needy, it must be made clear to everyone that each one is responsible for his own actions and that passing the buck is not a good idea.
If people get this basic idea ingrained in their heads, I am sure it'll help solve many of the problems facing the world and make people more mature so that they make better choices and imbue them with a greater sense of responsibility - as I have said above, each person is ultimately the architect of his own destiny.
What makes you think that poor people do not know this?

How can you deny people temporary sustenance when they are in pain (of hunger)?

That is a path of cruelty. In America you would be a Republican. It figures considering your alleged wealth.

No thanks, I want nothing of your "spiritual" path. Its inherently HEARTLESS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Any idiot can see that a person is the architect of his own destiny and that simply giving away in charity cannot reduce suffering/poverty in the world and the evidence on offer is that despite spending trillions of dollars in helping the poor over the millennia yet poverty remains and is spreading everywhere.
The poor are suffering due to lack of money and on account of personality defects, while the wealthy are suffering due to personality flaws.
So, aside from giving a token amount to the needy, it must be made clear to everyone that each one is responsible for his own actions and that passing the buck is not a good idea.
If people get this basic idea ingrained in their heads, I am sure it'll help solve many of the problems facing the world and make people more mature so that they make better choices and imbue them with a greater sense of responsibility - as I have said above, each person is ultimately the architect of his own destiny.
Also, you still havent provided a convincing argument why antisocially aspiring to mental state admittedly only attainable by a fraction of people over world history is an ethic to be emulated MORE SO THAN living in the present with all its ups and downs, and recognizing the value of community.

You might believe you have a philosophic basis, but your verbiage is far from persuasive for the rest of us here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course no one can be in a state of bless the time. I agree. And I wouldn't want to.(If you're happy all the time, you'd have nothing to compare it to.)
Doesn't mean it shouldn't be one's goal/
Happy Easter.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles -- "George Washington Carver reputedly discovered three hundred uses for peanuts..."They also credit him possibly for the proliferation of peanut butter...
Also,"....Jamaican Peanut porridge is a delicious breakfast treat. It is a favorite of vegetarians because it is high in protein..........
Eric---I figured it out...He likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!
HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Now take a look at the complete sentence below.
"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Now Eric, have I not repeatedly told you that I am not like you and Frijoles? YES. So, please remember and understand it now. Thank you.
Pretty lame even for you, Hugh.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty lame even for you, Hugh.
By the way, Hugh, is that any way to be talking on the Day of the Resurrection? Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, Hugh, is that any way to be talking on the Day of the Resurrection? Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?
Maybe he struck out at the annual Easter egg hunt...
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he struck out at the annual Easter egg hunt...
Those guys are too old for him

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

The grand aim is perfection. Perfection is the highest freedom. Life is all about taking the first few steps towards perfection. It takes numerous lifetimes to achieve the state of perfection. Begin now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course no one can be in a state of bless the time.
I think you meant BLISS, right?

Ordinary human beings, including the Hebrew patriarchs, G-d of the Tanach, Jesus, Krishna, Buddha and other well known characters, cannot experience the state of Bliss which is way beyond their reach.

The Hebrew patriarchs, their G-d and Jesus reached up to the cosmic vital planes which are the 3rd and the 4th planes in the cosmic hierarchy.

Buddha could reach to the 6th cosmic plane - the Higher Mind.

Krishna was in direct touch with the 9th to 12th cosmic planes of the Overmind.

The 13th to the 16th cosmic planes are the supramental planes.

The state of Bliss begins from the 17th plane of cosmic consciousness and stretches all the way to the 21st plane or so.

Only the most advanced yogis can reach up to the 17th plane and proceed beyond via nirvikalpa samadhi (a kind of very deep state of absorption)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I choose to find out for myself.
Good. Make a beginning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be one's goal.
Correct.

To attain to the highest perfection takes numerous lifetimes.

It is the highest aim that one can aspire to and takes numerous lifetimes to even partially attain to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

".......... the goal of each person's life also ought to be the same.........."

Excuse me!
What I mean is that everyone arises from the same source thus to make our way back to the common source should be the common aim of everyone.

Most forget this common aim and live in a sort of Maya that envelops the consciousness and as such the deluded ones meander far away from the straight path leading back to the source and suffer a lot during the meanderings over numerous rounds of existence until in one particular round of existence their eyes open out and then they begin the long and arduous journey back home (to the source) that will take many more rounds of existence to accomplish.

Since all of us are manifested holons of say X (the source), thus shouldn't all the manifested holons realize their full potential upon which they once again become one with their common source after abolishing the subject-object divide imposed on us so long as we remain in the ignorance?

Yes, the aim of each and every one is to realize his core existence which makes him merge and become one with his source after the full self-realization.

It is simply retracing the path back to the source from which we have been manifested.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Cannot a beautiful sunset bring one pleasure?
Yes, one experiences a sense of wonder tinged with simple happiness at the sight of a grand sunset.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

The corollary to your statement would be that sadness, or a lack of pleasure is noble, positive, selfless, virtuous.

Is this true, in your mind?
You've not understood my posts.

I said rise above the dualisms by attaining to the nondual state of consciousness in which there's neither subject nor object but simply one existence.

As long as one is trapped within the dualisms one is subjected to all the ups and downs of life over numerous lifetimes and knows not the way out of the mess with serious consequences to the well-being of the psychic and so on....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Paso border advocate arrested at Rep. Steve ... 17 hr George 73
las cruces sun news - going out of business Tue Brian 11
Officials offer no details of Las Cruces myster... Tue Knight1 1
Interstate 10 overpass project at Mesquite exit... Aug 22 MrBuster 4
single women in cruces Aug 22 Anonymous 1
Review: Action Towing & Rescue Aug 21 Drunken Davin 2
Carlsbad fourth among New Mexico cities in lodg... Aug 21 Carlsbad Resident 1
•••
•••
Hatch Dating