Men arrested getting teen drunk, rapi...

Men arrested getting teen drunk, raping her (11:45 a.m.)

There are 119 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Men arrested getting teen drunk, raping her (11:45 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Two men were arrested for allegedly getting a 14-year-old girl drunk and raping her after she ditched school May 21.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Coward

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 1, 2010
$30,000 bond?!?!?! WTF is wrong with this town. Poor girl, should have listen to her parents when they said DONT GO WITH STRANGERS... Teen girls in this town will never learn i believe..
95Aggie

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jun 1, 2010
Coward wrote:
Poor girl, should have listen to her parents when they said DONT GO WITH STRANGERS...
Who said they were strangers though? I'm very glad that the girl came forward and is pursuing the charges. Yes, she made a mistake of ditching school but she certainly didn't deserve to be sexually assaulted.
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 1, 2010
These young stupid girls will never learn no matter how many times it happens to others, they always figure; I would guess, that something like that would never happen to them.

Little girls - don't be dumb, even if you know these guys, don't get drunk with them, they are not trustworthy no matter what you think or how well you think you know them.

I am glad this little girl came forward and is taking action - however her life has been changed forever.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4 Jun 1, 2010
i am in no way justifying this incident, but i thought the law dealt with a 4 year age difference???

did they force her to drink? yes they may have taken advantage of her when she was drunk, but they're 18. which i am not saying is an excuse however she ditched school to go drinking with these two guys and while they are 18 they surely not MEN. definitely not men when they needed to get a girl drunk for their conquest. means a sober girl would've said no.

the main problem with this case will be the age. the statute does state a 4 year differential. while the alcohol may make a huge dent in the defense case, their ages will more than likely end this in being pled out or some form of misdemeanor.

as for the bond i agree with post #1 -$30,000 and yet the 22 year old with the child porn got $545,000. so if you have pictures you're a bigger threat to society than actually committing rape???

does that make any sense whatsoever?

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#5 Jun 1, 2010
dang i forgot something else...how do you know she came forward? that's not in the article.
Jess Welch

Mena, AR

#6 Jun 1, 2010
Nice to see no one is pointing any fingers at either the mature youngster or her parent(s)(insert extreme sarcasm here).

Too bad we will never know all the real details of this case. It may not be as close to what is being reported.

And skipping school and going with one person or two ... how smart is that?

Who knows what really happened. We just have to rush to the conclusion another innocent virgin was brutally raped over and over by two men who had poured alcohol down her throat for hours.

What a crock of double standard.
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Angry wrote:
To all you guys who are blaming this girl ---Veteran and Justice ---- you are as bad as the guys who took advantage and raped a 14 year old. You both should go to prison as well for your insensitive attitudes and twisted points of view. It's always the girls' fault, isn't it! Jerks.
Nobody is blaming the girl, her actions were stupid beyond reason. No she did not ask to be raped but she put herself in a position for the assault to happen.

The boys were solely responsible for the assault on this young girl. But my mother always said don't do bad things that look good and do do good things that look bad.
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#9 Jun 1, 2010
justice is just a choice wrote:
i am in no way justifying this incident, but i thought the law dealt with a 4 year age difference???
did they force her to drink? yes they may have taken advantage of her when she was drunk, but they're 18. which i am not saying is an excuse however she ditched school to go drinking with these two guys and while they are 18 they surely not MEN. definitely not men when they needed to get a girl drunk for their conquest. means a sober girl would've said no.
the main problem with this case will be the age. the statute does state a 4 year differential. while the alcohol may make a huge dent in the defense case, their ages will more than likely end this in being pled out or some form of misdemeanor.
as for the bond i agree with post #1 -$30,000 and yet the 22 year old with the child porn got $545,000. so if you have pictures you're a bigger threat to society than actually committing rape???
does that make any sense whatsoever?
Probably the logic there is that the guy with the kiddie porn would vitimize children, the drunk guys raped the girl probably they thought it was a good idea at the time. I don't know their past but they article did not mention previous sexual assaults.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#10 Jun 1, 2010
Angry wrote:
To all you guys who are blaming this girl ---Veteran and Justice ---- you are as bad as the guys who took advantage and raped a 14 year old. You both should go to prison as well for your insensitive attitudes and twisted points of view. It's always the girls' fault, isn't it! Jerks.
obviously you can't read.

i'm not blaming the girl. clearly said these two losers needed alcohol to have their way with this girl. however she shouldn't have gone with them nor ditched school to be with them.

your viewpoint is way off because you need to see it like this. say she swallows some fatal poison are you going to blame the company that made the bottle or poison.

now if these two guys grabbed her basically kidnapping then yes 100% blame falls on them. the thing i addressed in my post is the fact that their ages fit the defense part of the criminal statute so you need to think like a defense attorney and how they are going to rip this case into shreds...wait what am i saying how many defense cases have been won in your district? that is a near joke.

as i said in my post a plea will be offered and these two will get probation because of their ages and more than likely will not have to register as sex offenders.

one thing i am truly tired of is in every situation it's "poor girl" you need to go to any high school and see how many of these "poor girls" are pregnant, sneaking around to have sex with WHOEVER, be they male or female, adult or minor. get online and see how many of these "poor girls" post pictures of themselves that THEY TOOK THEMSELVES in revealing clothing, sexually suggestive positions, and in a lot of cases naked. so what is running through these "poor girls" heads???

as i said i'm NOT justifying what these two losers did, but the girl never would've been a victim had she not gone with them.at some point you do need to protect yourself does that mean you are never a victim of course not.

if they get convicted they deserve it, but as i pointed out they more than likely won't for the reasons i stated.
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 1, 2010
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously you can't read.
i'm not blaming the girl. clearly said these two losers needed alcohol to have their way with this girl. however she shouldn't have gone with them nor ditched school to be with them.
your viewpoint is way off because you need to see it like this. say she swallows some fatal poison are you going to blame the company that made the bottle or poison.
now if these two guys grabbed her basically kidnapping then yes 100% blame falls on them. the thing i addressed in my post is the fact that their ages fit the defense part of the criminal statute so you need to think like a defense attorney and how they are going to rip this case into shreds...wait what am i saying how many defense cases have been won in your district? that is a near joke.
as i said in my post a plea will be offered and these two will get probation because of their ages and more than likely will not have to register as sex offenders.
one thing i am truly tired of is in every situation it's "poor girl" you need to go to any high school and see how many of these "poor girls" are pregnant, sneaking around to have sex with WHOEVER, be they male or female, adult or minor. get online and see how many of these "poor girls" post pictures of themselves that THEY TOOK THEMSELVES in revealing clothing, sexually suggestive positions, and in a lot of cases naked. so what is running through these "poor girls" heads???
as i said i'm NOT justifying what these two losers did, but the girl never would've been a victim had she not gone with them.at some point you do need to protect yourself does that mean you are never a victim of course not.
if they get convicted they deserve it, but as i pointed out they more than likely won't for the reasons i stated.
Thank you! That was my point of view also. She did not ask for it, but she put herself in a position for it to happen.
Gloria Allred

Mena, AR

#12 Jun 1, 2010
How does anyone know if this was the girls' third or fourth time with older men and alcohol. Obviously this wasn't just something that happened. No one is that stupid.
The girl knew what was going on and later decided she regretted it and told mom and pop. Where have we heard this story before?
Maybe since time began?

“Are you there Vodka?”

Since: Sep 08

Las Cruces

#13 Jun 1, 2010
justice is just a choice wrote:
i am in no way justifying this incident, but i thought the law dealt with a 4 year age difference???
did they force her to drink? yes they may have taken advantage of her when she was drunk, but they're 18. which i am not saying is an excuse however she ditched school to go drinking with these two guys and while they are 18 they surely not MEN. definitely not men when they needed to get a girl drunk for their conquest. means a sober girl would've said no.
the main problem with this case will be the age. the statute does state a 4 year differential. while the alcohol may make a huge dent in the defense case, their ages will more than likely end this in being pled out or some form of misdemeanor.
as for the bond i agree with post #1 -$30,000 and yet the 22 year old with the child porn got $545,000. so if you have pictures you're a bigger threat to society than actually committing rape???
does that make any sense whatsoever?
The 4 year age difference is for consensual sex not non-consensual, seeing as they were charged with CSP, the girl is saying it was not consensual

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#15 Jun 1, 2010
Tricky Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>
The 4 year age difference is for consensual sex not non-consensual, seeing as they were charged with CSP, the girl is saying it was not consensual
tricky nicky long time no see!

i do know the law is regarding consent and surely taking advantage of someone who is intoxicated cannot be seen as consent, but the fact that she did consent to leave with them and to drink with them led to the assault. but again i am not blaming her. these two losers did take advantage of her "condition" and for that they should be convicted. my point is though a defense attorney (a good one if you can find one) will use that to strengthen the defense case.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#17 Jun 1, 2010
There is a lesson to be learned here, kids.

Stay in school.

Chances are pretty damned good that this would have never happened to her if she was where her parents thought she was and she was where she was supposed to be.

Unfortunate? Yup.

Preventable? Yup.

Now, she may well have to testify and go public
with this little skipping stunt gone bad.
Mary Caldwell

Mena, AR

#18 Jun 1, 2010
Did they check the semen in her?
Did they do a DNA check on the accused?
Did they do drug testing on everyone involved?
Who forced who to do what?
Lots of questions on this one.

“Are you there Vodka?”

Since: Sep 08

Las Cruces

#19 Jun 1, 2010
Mary Caldwell wrote:
Did they check the semen in her?
Did they do a DNA check on the accused?
Did they do drug testing on everyone involved?
Who forced who to do what?
Lots of questions on this one.
Hi Justice!!!

Mary - Hun you are way ahead of yourself.... More than likely they took swabs from the Defendants for DNA---perhaps the results will be released to the attorney in about six months. Unless the girl alleged that drugs were involved no one got drug tested (and she would have been the only tested) The other details you are seeking will not be public record probably until the actual trial.....
Kari Rodgers

Mena, AR

#20 Jun 1, 2010
Jess Welch wrote:
Nice to see no one is pointing any fingers at either the mature youngster or her parent(s)(insert extreme sarcasm here).
Too bad we will never know all the real details of this case. It may not be as close to what is being reported.
And skipping school and going with one person or two ... how smart is that?
Who knows what really happened. We just have to rush to the conclusion another innocent virgin was brutally raped over and over by two men who had poured alcohol down her throat for hours.
What a crock of double standard.
An excellent post. I completely agree.
amused

Los Lunas, NM

#21 Jun 1, 2010
Coward wrote:
$30,000 bond?!?!?! WTF is wrong with this town. Poor girl, should have listen to her parents when they said DONT GO WITH STRANGERS... Teen girls in this town will never learn i believe..
what ignorance!!?? blame the girl. idiot. It's never okay to rape someone, it doesn't matter.
Kari Rodgers

Mena, AR

#22 Jun 1, 2010
Gloria Allred wrote:
How does anyone know if this was the girls' third or fourth time with older men and alcohol. Obviously this wasn't just something that happened. No one is that stupid.
The girl knew what was going on and later decided she regretted it and told mom and pop. Where have we heard this story before?
Maybe since time began?
Also, interesting ideas here. We women have lots of the law on our side in these types of cases. Gloria initiates some great conversational points.
People can wheeze on about intoxication and age...just cut to the chase, establish a pattern and hire a great attorney. You can escape "rape" that wasn't if the girly has a history or a pattern.
As Americans we love to make people victims and defend like they are blind,deaf and dumb. If they are non-white, oh my goodness, another 30 sympathy points.
amused

Los Lunas, NM

#23 Jun 1, 2010
95Aggie wrote:
<quoted text>Who said they were strangers though? I'm very glad that the girl came forward and is pursuing the charges. Yes, she made a mistake of ditching school but she certainly didn't deserve to be sexually assaulted.
yeah, that's right girls, "don't ever be dumb because it will be your fault if you are raped no matter what." IDIOTS. Why was it so wrong for her to go and hang out with two guys, she should have felt and been safe, but NOOOO it's always her fault. Such ignorance and backwards thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 4 min Minota 6,800
GUARD our BORDERS Mon ILLEGALS GANGS CA... 1
OSAMA BIN BARAK MUSSOLINI MAOBAMA (Muslim or a ... Feb 4 Bloodonhishands 1
News Robbery suspect commits suicide - Alamogordo Da... (Feb '08) Feb 3 Andkg 95
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,023
La Clinica de Familia Mental Health Jan 31 frustrated and de... 2
South Central Regional Transit Jan 31 wondering 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages