New Mexico chile to savor legal statu...

New Mexico chile to savor legal status Tuesday (2:33 p.m.)

There are 11 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Apr 4, 2011, titled New Mexico chile to savor legal status Tuesday (2:33 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The chile police are coming. Gov. Susana Martinez on Tuesday will sign a bill to protect New Mexico's famous chile from false advertisers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Watch out

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 4, 2011
dun Dun DUN!
Jolly Roger

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 4, 2011
And how many jobs will this create? susie is from texass
Citizen

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Jolly Roger wrote:
And how many jobs will this create? susie is from texass
Might not create any. Possibly will save some...
Panchito

Franklin, MI

#4 Apr 4, 2011
I'm glad that chile is the biggest problem New Mexico has to worry about. Don't get me wrong a born and raised here but clean up the mess Richardson made then worry about small stuff.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 4, 2011
Part of the problem is that people are buying chile from Asia and selling it as New Mexican chile. It is bizarre that we are importing food from Asia and anything that moves us towards producing more locally simply by requiring a truth in labeling law, is likely a good move. Why anyone is disparaging this move is beyond me. I'm overall no Martinez fan but I am a Hatch Chile fan! Credit where credit is due.
Carlsbad ex

United States

#6 Apr 4, 2011
Love that New Mexico Chili. Was in Marble Falls, Texas the other day and had SUPPOSEDLY green chili enchiladas at a well know cafe there. They use hot dog chili on the enchiladas. Waitress said that's all they use...real Tex Mex crap! San Antonio Riverwalk restaurant was almost the same.
Don't Eat the Chili!
So sick

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 4, 2011
If Americans realized where much of the produce came from, and just because it has an amercan label most of the product is imported and not subject to the same guidelines as us product. Enjoy America don't worry that fresh product from Mexico isn't covered in blood. Also there is a Redon the wealthy in china want US and European produce. Yet we have to keep food cheap in the us so we can waste or money on the next iPod, DVD, or 100 dollars jeans.
ITOLDYOU

United States

#8 Apr 4, 2011
Jolly Roger wrote:
And how many jobs will this create? susie is from Texas
Don't worry about New Mexico's chilies. They are almost impossible to get any out of the state of NM unless you order them online. Then they are very expensive. And don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Big Bad John

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Apr 4, 2011
Carlsbad ex wrote:
Love that New Mexico Chili. Was in Marble Falls, Texas the other day and had SUPPOSEDLY green chili enchiladas at a well know cafe there. They use hot dog chili on the enchiladas. Waitress said that's all they use...real Tex Mex crap! San Antonio Riverwalk restaurant was almost the same.
Don't Eat the Chili!
Chili is not the same as chile in New Mexico. Chili is indeed what is served on hot dogs at Weinersnitchel, while chile is the actual fruit that rellenos are made of. Methinks you'd be hard pressed to find any chile of quality east of El Paso, and even in El Paso, you're pushing your luck.
chile

Rio Rancho, NM

#10 Apr 4, 2011
chile chillli chili chille chillee cheele chiile chiley..WHO F#()#$*&!!!!!!EN!!! CARES MAN!!!
doh

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Apr 5, 2011
HAHA oh my god, are they serious? It's just a pepper not some rare protected resource.....stupid wannabe mexicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police search for person of interest in homicide 4 hr Jer 1
News Las Cruces man pleads guilty to taking part in ... (Aug '08) 21 hr Eill 40
THE FBI - Another Flub Story Fri Bloodonhishands 1
ken roberts and daso Fri Bloodonhishands 3
News New England Mafia is weakened but still pursued (Jun '11) Feb 16 4 Cheese Fart 9
News Ex-Las Cruces priest surrenders to Hobbs police Feb 15 Georgie 1
News Prior sex offender from Silver City sentenced t... Feb 13 Dan Yardbird 2

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages