Virgin Galactic shows off Las Cruces ...

Virgin Galactic shows off Las Cruces office; hopes to start flights in 2013

There are 2 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2012, titled Virgin Galactic shows off Las Cruces office; hopes to start flights in 2013. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Well, the company already has been working in town for a coupe of years and opened an office here in February, but it held an open house event on Thursday for its Las Cruces facility, located in the building known as the Green Offices at 166 S. Roadrunner Parkway, the building with a curved bluish-green glass exterior.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

ah yup

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jun 8, 2012
"Whitesides said that the company hopes to start space flights in the second half of next year (2013).

He said that even when the company is employing 50 to 100 people at Spaceport America, it'll probably still maintain a Las Cruces office."

Yea, flights were originally supposed to start in 2010, and then 2011, and then... I'll believe Virgin Gaalctic is serious about Spaceport America when I see then actually do a launch in New Mexico with paying customers. Spaceport America has a history of losing customers - recall that Starchaser left, and that the Rocket Racing League was an abortive venture.

And what sort jobs will Virgin Galactic offer of the of the "50 to 100" ? All their technical work is still being done elsewhere, principly in Californina. And I I can't see them hiring 50 to 100 janitors, burger flippers, bus drivers, and secretaries/receptionists...
lordybe

Birmingham, MI

#2 Mar 21, 2013
"Sir Richard Branson to give away half his fortune to charity"

So any chance a portion of that $4 billion will cover the taxpayers 'investment' into the spaceport?

http://world.topnewstoday.org/world/article/4...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 7 hr justice is just a... 6,886
please come see me 22 hr Yes Baby 29
demo rats running away from their history Thu Bloodonhishands 1
affrique (May '12) Jul 28 anonymous 245
Safari Jul 27 Old School 1
billary for prison 2016 Jul 25 Bloodonhishands 1
Review: RGM Realty (Mar '15) Jul 25 lol 4

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages