Juarez lawmaker wants international bridge at Sunland Park

Full story: El Paso Times

A new non-commercial international bridge in this border region would ease border crossing wait times and improve environmental health with fewer auto gas emissions, JuA rez Congressman Gerardo HernA ndez Ibarra said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Roman Sparks

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

H*******ll No!

The west side doesn't need any of the the traffic that the east side has. You have Santa Teresa. Go further west and build ports. Stay away from the west side. Fabens Port of Entry is being totally rebuilt as the largest port in El Paso. Take the ports further east or further west away from the city. Save our city! Save El Paso from this onslaught!
Reginald

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Build more bridges?!?
Hell no!
We need to keep building the border fence so that it covers every square inch of the international boundary.
poppycock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

We need to close the ports
and reduce their numbers
until we can inspect 100%
of all crossborder traffic and commerce.

There isn't a tomatoe in mexico worth compromising national security!
Sorry Charlie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Roman Sparks wrote:
H*******ll No!
The west side doesn't need any of the the traffic that the east side has. You have Santa Teresa. Go further west and build ports. Stay away from the west side. Fabens Port of Entry is being totally rebuilt as the largest port in El Paso. Take the ports further east or further west away from the city. Save our city! Save El Paso from this onslaught!
We don't need your trash!
El Conde

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Juarez lawmaker? I don't think "Lawbreakers" from Juarez are in any position to be making any requests.
This bozo probably is upset the drugs he helps ship to the U.S., illegally, aren't arriving here fresh enough.
Old Soldier

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

The ports they have here already are adequate enough.With proper utilization and better management of staff they can handle the traffic. Like some of the other comments above go further east or west.You are talking about residential areas where he wants a bridge and the streets are conjested enough already. Besides its the US and not Mexico that governs where the bridges go.The roads and the population there make it totally unfeasible to do such a thing.
el paso times sux

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Tear them all down and keep just one. Maybe the longer hours (or days) it will take to cross will discourage them from coming over.
Roman Sparks

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Mexico is alaays worried about the US being involved in their internal affairs, well I'm one US citizen that doesn't want or need to hear about Mexican citizens attempting to get invloved in ours. Mexico has enough to worry about without worrying about current events on the northern side of the border.
USA All the Way

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

We don't need another bridge. What we need are better trained personel and fewer Freaking Wets! Okay, the dang river is dry! Maybe less freaking US Politicians!

Open the bridge and let anyone go anywhere. Let's KILL!!!!!!!!!!
soso

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

He can request anything he wants, as long he comes up with the money. I do not care what he wants to buy. Remember he is a Mexican politicians (2X worst).
soso

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

USA All the Way wrote:
We don't need another bridge. What we need are better trained personel and fewer Freaking Wets! Okay, the dang river is dry! Maybe less freaking US Politicians!
Open the bridge and let anyone go anywhere. Let's KILL!!!!!!!!!!
Stupido. I do not think you know what is like to hold a weapon and if you do it is because you are a coward, sure you speak like one.
mo hinky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Bridge? There's no river between Sunland Park and Mexico. A port of entry, maybe, but certainly not a bridge.
sickofthebridges

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

LOL! is he nuts!
kNM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

I hope they dont build a bridge there.
Country Club road is already pack with too many Juarez plates. We don't want more non tax payers over here.
carygr

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

I believe we have too many border crossings as it is, and we should have stricter enforcement of the Type of criminals we allow in the USA. I believe Juuarez has shown the world what sort of citizens are crossing into the USA, and they want to do for the USA what they have done for Mexico, NO THANKS.
Mr-D ElPaso

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

mo hinky wrote:
Bridge? There's no river between Sunland Park and Mexico. A port of entry, maybe, but certainly not a bridge.
Gee I was a thinking the same thing myself. But hey if Gerardo wants a bridge I say we build one in Sunland Park on the USA dime no Questions asked. There is one small catch it is for south bound traffic only there will be no north bound traffic except for a small fee 50 dollars per car and 10 per person in the car. As for the rest of crossings in the USA and Mexico ya all get 2 free passes a year. Then its 50 and 10 that should help reduce some traffic. Now wasn't that easy?
Juan Omar Aguirre Jr

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

BOY TALK ABOUT DUMB HE IS NOW GIVING US ORDERS WELL TO HELL WITH HIM WHO THE F$&*^*) DOES HE THINK HE IS! DOES HE THINK THIS IS NORTHERN JUAREZ HE CAN TAKE A FLYING F%(*&()** LEAP IN TO F%*(&) HELL THE S%*(&() FOOL
FairtoAll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

I agree with Congressman Ibarra that a bridge near Sunland Park is a good idea. Unfortunately, the United States as a country is leveraged 26 to 1. This is not sustainable. The U.S. cannot pay its bills today, tomorrow or for the next 20, 30 or 40 years. Where would the money to build another bridge come from? Thanks to former President Bush, the low tax rates and trillions of dollars on Iraq and Afghanistan wars got us further into debt.
sickofmexico

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

Build a higher fence instead. Not just no, but hell-o NO. Why would we want their trash on the West side? There aren't any stores within walking distance and we sure don't want them in Sunland Mall. And take a close look at the homes just south of the proposed area. Slum city. Not on my tax dime. One port in the south valley for trucks, to keep them out of our city, and a pedestrian only bridge at downtown. That should be more than adequate. Make their cars go to the southern port to enter. The more inconvenient, the fewer will cross.
JMH3

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

mo hinky wrote:
Right! And which direction will most of the traffic come from on a non-commercial bridge?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for Dona Ana County was issued at April 22 at 6:07PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hatch Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE