NM onion production behind schedule

A field of workers, clad in hats, long sleeves and hoods to shield against the sun, worked hurriedly in a field last week on a farm near Garfield, plucking up onions and deftly clipping the green tops from recently dug bulbs. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HatchGirl

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jun 19, 2011
Uh, it's not called the Rincon Valley. It's the Hatch Valley... You'd think that reporters that have worked here for a while would know their geography a bit better...
For the workers

Modesto, CA

#2 Jun 20, 2011
It's El Norte.
Rose D

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jun 20, 2011
Ever consider that Obama doesn't know jack sh-t about farm labor and the United States doesn't need illegals to work you farms?
Ever consider hiring LEGAL AMERICAN citizens?
There are 30 million unemployed American citizens who WANT work and who worked farms long before illegals.
US citizens can and will work farms again.
US citizens of every ethnic group are unemployed while Obama kowtows to ILLEGALS
Obama and his family doesn't know jack sh-t about unemployment or what it's like to live in towns negatively impacted by illegals getting jobs that ONLY
U S citizens have the right to !
Mr. Obama sings a carnival tune along with Big Businesses, the demoralizing tune of " The lazy American Worker"
By allowing illegals to work farms, construction, hotel industry, landscaping, etc. Mr. Obama is telling 30 million unemployed US CITIZENS that We, the American (Workers) are worthless.
Hopefully, you, dear farm owner, don't believe Obama
and you are ready to hire US citizens to work your farms
just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jun 20, 2011
Are yo kiddind me... rose when your on the farm working give me a call so i can see.
Rose D

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 20, 2011
just sayin wrote:
Are yo kiddind me... rose when your on the farm working give me a call so i can see.
Can you use a dictionary to spell "kidding" and get grammar lessons to use the right "you're" correctly and not worry about watching me work the farm?

PS Georgia is so fed up with illegal they have US citizens on probation working the fields, and it looks like quite the brilliant plan so far

Anyway, go fetch yourself a dictionary and invest in a grammar 101 class; it will do you a world of good
mmmm

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jun 20, 2011
"top and debug onions" wow sun news you are so pinchi smart.
whatever

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jun 20, 2011
the onion field on my road has been harvested and thousands of good onions are laying on the ground still. I think this article is crap. These farmers waste a whole lot of product. There has been several people stop and pick up bag fulls of leftover onions.
whatever

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 20, 2011
Rose D wrote:
Ever consider that Obama doesn't know jack sh-t about farm labor and the United States doesn't need illegals to work you farms?
There are 30 million unemployed American citizens who WANT work and who worked farms long before illegals.
US citizens of every ethnic group are unemployed while Obama kowtows to ILLEGALS
Obama and his family doesn't know jack sh-t about unemployment or what it's like to live in towns negatively impacted by illegals getting jobs that ONLY
Mr. Obama sings a carnival tune along with Big Businesses, the demoralizing tune of " The lazy American Worker"
By allowing illegals to work farms, construction, hotel industry, landscaping, etc. Mr. Obama is telling 30 million unemployed US CITIZENS that We, the American (Workers) are worthless.
WOW! you're so full of it! What do YOU know about picking anything but your nose? Americans don't want to work in the fields..it's hot, back breaking, bugs bite, plants scratch, thorns,dusty and it's dirt pay. They barely can find shade to sit and eat lunch. So until your fatsss gets out there and picks something besides your nose..stfu! You're hallucinating.
Hickam AB

Fairfield, CA

#9 Jun 20, 2011
Rose D is on probation
23tujd

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jun 20, 2011
you guys suck
Rosie La OnionButt

Alto, NM

#11 Jun 20, 2011
Rose D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you use a dictionary to spell "kidding" and get grammar lessons to use the right "you're" correctly and not worry about watching me work the farm?
PS Georgia is so fed up with illegal they have US citizens on probation working the fields, and it looks like quite the brilliant plan so far
Anyway, go fetch yourself a dictionary and invest in a grammar 101 class; it will do you a world of good
Why are you so obsessed with perfect grammar?
Try concentrating on doing something useful with that BIG, UGLY FAT A@ss you lug around!
Maybe doing some "field" work for a few hours every week might help your situation a bit... Miss Onion Buttt!
Hahahahahahahaha....hahahaha!
hmm

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Jun 20, 2011
Rose D wrote:
How the hell does a winter freeze and low water come back to Obama Administration??? my goodness some of you peoples racism has no boundaries. I hope to see you there tomorrow morning if full gear to start picking them onions ok. Time to cowboy up little lady and put your money where your mouth is..
Onion Picking Challenge

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jun 20, 2011
I challenge any American kid today to go out in the fields for a week and see if they last. Ha Ha.....first getting the suckers out of bed at 5 am, then packing themselves a lunch (aint not McDonalds out there), next dressing in the "uniform" to keep from coming back in so sunburned in the evening, taking a crap in SMELLY out houses that are swarming with worms along with the stench and the heat, taking a half hour lunch with your nasty hands full of blisters and crap, and not under shade in most cases, bringing home a whopping paycheck of what maybe 35 cents sack now, because back in my day it was 5 cents. The big reward is not your aching back, or blistered hands, not even the horrible sunburns, but the lovely "perfume-a-la-onion" that stays with you until Christmas time. Yes, just wait for the long line across the fields full of applicants. I'm sure you will have to hire security to keep control of the mob.
from the valley

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jun 20, 2011
Onion picking challenge is correct, only in saying that no American would WANT to top onions. They pay .60 a bag, for the past 30 years that I can remember. THere would actually be no such thing as unemployment if they would actually send some lazy asses who don't want to work, to work in farm work. BUt it is HARD WORK, who would want to do that when they get a free check for staying home? I have NO PROBLEM letting illegals work in these back breaking jobs because I KNOW, no one else will do it! All of these illegals are pumping social security and medicare tax (YES THEY ARE TAXED)in to our system, where it "magically" dissapears. I know this for fact because i have worked for many farmers as a bookkeeper.(and we aren't talking 10s of thousands per farmer- they-the illegals- are donating MUCH MUCH more than that.)And on the same token, they-the illegals, now citizens- have learned our American ways, by getting paid cash while collecting unemployment. O well, ONLY IN AMERICA!
just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Jun 20, 2011
Rose D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you make it sound so easy Rose...Like I said when you put your money where your mouth is, give me a call. I bet that your one of the first people to complain when produce prices go high and blame inflation on Obama, as for my spelling I'm a product of computer word spell generation. That darn school system let me get a master without knowing how to properly spell. Thatís probably obamas fault too.
just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Jun 20, 2011
Rose- Did you know there are buses that leave pick up at 2-3 in the am in El Paso to bring people to the fields in Hatch and Deming to pick the fields, do you think they would go through that much effort if there were Americans lining outside the gates to work. Instead of blaming Obama maybe you should blame consumers who want cheap produce, the farmers/ manufactures that donít pay living wages and the American people for being too entitled. I respect the people who work the field they do sh#tty work, for sh#tty pay that I would not do. NPR just did an article about the average unemployed person thinking they are too good for part, temp and low pay work. So tell me if the unemployed people think they are too good for flipping the burgers then do you think they really want to pick the onions and tomatoes that top them.
Rose D

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jun 20, 2011
just sayin wrote:
Rose- Did you know there are buses that leave pick up at 2-3 in the am in El Paso to bring people to the fields in Hatch and Deming to pick the fields, do you think they would go through that much effort if there were Americans lining outside the gates to work. Instead of blaming Obama maybe you should blame consumers who want cheap produce, the farmers/ manufactures that donít pay living wages and the American people for being too entitled. I respect the people who work the field they do sh#tty work, for sh#tty pay that I would not do. NPR just did an article about the average unemployed person thinking they are too good for part, temp and low pay work. So tell me if the unemployed people think they are too good for flipping the burgers then do you think they really want to pick the onions and tomatoes that top them.
Yawn: Georgia has it covered , Just use probationers , besides, E Verify is right around the corner

http://www.11alive.com/video/993034011001/0/D...
Hickam AB

Brisbane, CA

#18 Jun 20, 2011
Rose D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn: Georgia has it covered , Just use probationers , besides, E Verify is right around the corner
http://www.11alive.com/video/993034011001/0/D...
HAHAHA Georgia, The Wal Mart parking lot
Rose D

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jun 20, 2011
Rosie La OnionButt wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so obsessed with perfect grammar?
Try concentrating on doing something useful with that BIG, UGLY FAT A@ss you lug around!
Maybe doing some "field" work for a few hours every week might help your situation a bit... Miss Onion Buttt!
Hahahahahahahaha....hahahaha!
You are not well
Rose D

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jun 20, 2011
Hickam AB wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHA Georgia, The Wal Mart parking lot
You, dear respondent, are not well either; I do believe the Sun News does not do a psychological screening of the respondents and it is apparent that your mental functioning is way below normal, on par with a leech perhaps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM senators say health department is 'corrupt' ... (Feb '11) 3 hr Psalm---23 22
New Mexico bill would limit smoking with kids a... 19 hr Heck Boy 2
To the Catholics in Las Cruces 19 hr Heck Boy 2
School supplies needed for low-income families (Aug '10) 20 hr Harold 31
Las Cruces man charged with sexual assault of 6... (Oct '09) 20 hr Harold 44
Community notices (May '13) Thu Tired of this clown 7
Officials to open new fire-training facility Jan 29 William Walker 1
Hatch Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:16 am PST

NBC Sports 3:16AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton