Government is going to be coming for ...

Government is going to be coming for your 401K

Posted in the Hatch Forum

Ex- El Paso resident

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jun 13, 2012
From Wall Street Journal:

Some of the most popular retirement-savings tools are coming under the congressional microscope.

As policy makers gear up for the tax-reform effort expected after the presidential election, they are asking: Can 401(k) plans, individual retirement accounts, and other tax-deferred vehicles be streamlined while getting more traction among people with lower incomes?

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R., Mich.)
On Tuesday, the House Ways and Means Committee heard from several experts on the subject.

At the very least, the increasing focus on retirement savings is a reminder that tax treatment of the accounts, once considered permanent, is anything but.
emptypan

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Jun 13, 2012
The Congressional created coral is on the verge of being wiped out completely by the reckless parasites at the Federal Reserve and their co-horts on Wall St. Just take a look at the Nikkei in Japan. Down recently to 8200 from its all-time high of 38,600 in 1989.

If you haven't taken back your hard earned money from the Devil yet, good luck.
Richard Wright

South Jordan, UT

#3 Feb 5, 2013
I find it hard to believe that our very own government would think it right to change the terms on solo 401k plans. Hopefully nothing gets passed about this. http://www.mysolo401k.net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please come see me 9 hr Yes Baby 19
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 hr Zionism is racism 72,025
News Undersheriff slides into new position with OCSO (Apr '13) Thu Knowing Is Believing 39
News Records show missing equipment, contraband at D... Apr 26 chip 1
Anal or vaginal?? (Sep '15) Apr 23 Comic Book Harlot 3
www.kathkylynmbeck.blogspot.com - New Mexico'... Apr 19 demosthenes 1
News 100 years later, Geronimo may return to NM - Ru... (Feb '09) Apr 19 Anonymous 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages