Las Cruces crash victim wasn't pregnant after all, authorities say (11:37 p.m.)

A Las Cruces teen is fighting for his life after a high-speed crash - and his family is coping with the news that the boy was not a father-to-be, as he had thought. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
correction

Las Cruces, NM

#55 Jun 2, 2011
Consequences wrote:
I didn't see that he died. Too bad.
Actions and decisions have consequences. No one asked him to have unprotected sex no one asked him to drive dangerously. Those were decisions he made and the ultimate consequence was received.
The driver is the one who died and he was not the father. The passengers were the supposed parents although it appears that there was no baby in the first place. You also are making an assumption that he had unprotected sex. It is possible that the condom failed or that she was on too low a dose of birth control pills. The only fool proof method of birth control is abstinence no matter what anyone says.
correction

Las Cruces, NM

#56 Jun 2, 2011
AIM wrote:
First off girl was pregnant there are ultrasound pictures to prove it. Why would the baby be out in the middle of no where its still small not a nine month newborn! SPEED from driver was a factor obviously why would they crash that bad if driver was not speeding and didnt want to slow down. Mother of carlos "CJ" is making up most of this because she abonded her son and is not allowed to see the Mother that was to be expecting. PEOPLE DONT BELIEVE MOST OF THIS NON-SENSE!!!!
Not a big deal to get ones hands on an ultrasound picture. Two words for you...umbilical cord. There doesn't seem to have been one.
Change your name

Las Cruces, NM

#57 Jun 2, 2011
Change your name wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so blazingly idiotic? Apparently you are based on this comment of yours above. The reports of a baby & the search for a fetus at the scene was clearly due to the fact that the woman was hemorrhaging either due to a big enough laceration or vaginally. I doubt the officers responding were going to render first aid, but that doesn't mean that they are going to be as thorough as the EMTs. Then haven't you ever heard of the HIPAA Act? You have no idea as to what was on that doctor's report, unless you were an attending or a nurse that treated the patient. If you are on here disclosing personal information, then you are in violation. I doubt you were an attending or a nurse because you come across as way too ignorant to be either.
I should have proof read my comment. It should have read: I'M CERTAIN the officers responding were going to render first aid, but that doesn't mean they are going to be as thorough as the EMTs.

Initially I was going to say that I doubt they would refrain from rendering first aid (they certainly would render aid) until the paramedics could get there.

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#58 Jun 2, 2011
annonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
ok first off if your tired of this non-sense and have proof of an ultrasound to show that she was pregnant then why dont you put up or shut up to prove everyone wrong. And also i have a ultrasound of a 6 month old baby and yeah it may not be fully developed but it is still a good enough size to find if the baby was ejected. And another sad thing is that the MOTHER-IN-LAW is the one who went in to tell LaKemper's son that his unborn son had passed away in the car accident while he was still suffering from bleeding in the brain, and after hearing about his son passing away he has been decreasing through the night. CJ's mother has spent enough time looking for her unborn grandchild and is NOT the one who is saying she was never pregnant, that was the AUTHORITIES if you read the headline and article right. Lakemper never talked bad about Bridgette. And with all do respect Lakemper has not yet tried visiting Bridgette due to her son decreasing health so her NOT being allowed is NON-SENSE. And Lakemper did not abonded her son, he choose to stay with HIS PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND so Lakemper left him in the MOTHER-IN-LAW's custody so it was his choice to stay behind to be there for his girlfriend. Lakemper son was 17 years old when he ask her to stay. And the Lakemper's do include Bridgette and hher family in their prayers.
How can there be a mother-in-law if no one was married?
Mary Catherine

Austin, TX

#59 Jun 2, 2011
Although small at 6 months gestation, a baby of this size is not small enough to fly out of a vagina and magically through layers of clothing into unknown space. I thought it was ridiculous that police had to go back to the scene and look for a fetus, but they probably had no choice until the woman was completely examined by her doctor at the hospital. Yes, all of you naysayers, there are many tell tale signs of pregnancy and the medical professionals at the hospital determined she was never pregnant in the first place. The pregnancy hormone would have still been present in her blood for at least a few days after the end of the pregnancy. Read a book, get a clue, pay attention in health class.

One thing is for sure, if she is psycho enough to fake a pregnancy for 6 months, name a fictitious child, dupe people with a fake ultrasound, and accept gifts for this made up person, she is psycho enough to kidnap someone else's newborn to cover up and carry through with her elaborate lie. I'm glad this came to light.
Sure

Santa Fe, NM

#60 Jun 2, 2011
LOL, she was just fat.
Careful What You Believe

Farmington, NM

#61 Jun 2, 2011
It's not hard to tell if she was pregnant. I'm sure they did a blood test to check. The pregnancy hormones would still be very high if she lost a baby recently, much less that day. There will be proof of it either way and no amount of "gossip" will change that.
JMADDOG

Rio Rancho, NM

#62 Jun 2, 2011
that girl should pay the full peanlty of the lies she said .
OGCJY

Lemon Grove, CA

#63 Jun 2, 2011
I know for a fact that the young girl was pregnant. I know that CJ's mother Raquel is a recovery drug addict who abandoned her son to his stepmother who than abandoned him to a complete stranger. The mother never bought the baby a dame thing, she can't even step foot into the county. She just wants $$. As far as the baby goes, if the girl lost the baby on the highway, wouldn't coyotes have found the fetus first. Look how long it took for the authorites to even go out and look for the fetus. Give me a break! Know your facts before attacking on the innocent. She just lost her friend, baby and her boyfriend is still in the hospital. Now this, give me a break and put yourself in her shoes. And you call yourself a Christian State.

“phooey on spellcheck”

Since: Nov 08

las cruces, nm

#64 Jun 2, 2011
OGCJY wrote:
I know for a fact that the young girl was pregnant. I know that CJ's mother Raquel is a recovery drug addict who abandoned her son to his stepmother who than abandoned him to a complete stranger. The mother never bought the baby a dame thing, she can't even step foot into the county. She just wants $$. As far as the baby goes, if the girl lost the baby on the highway, wouldn't coyotes have found the fetus first. Look how long it took for the authorites to even go out and look for the fetus. Give me a break! Know your facts before attacking on the innocent. She just lost her friend, baby and her boyfriend is still in the hospital. Now this, give me a break and put yourself in her shoes. And you call yourself a Christian State.
the fetus just magically passed through her clothing and out of the car? fetal osmosis? you know for fact she was pregnant? fact? you can't be serious. if your statements were remotely possible, your credibility might not be in question.
What

Albuquerque, NM

#65 Jun 2, 2011
...and so it continues, The Days of Our Lives.
Common Sense

Las Cruces, NM

#66 Jun 2, 2011
LOL, umm I would think paramedics and ambulance people would know if a woman suddenly had a baby, hello! Are people here really that stupid? It makes no sense at all. Was she sitting in the car naked from the waist down with her legs wide open, and in labor at the time of the crash? This has to be the most ludicrous story ever printed in America, it needs to be sent to Jay Leno for some national laughs.
Common Sense

Las Cruces, NM

#67 Jun 2, 2011
What wrote:
...and so it continues, The Days of Our Lives.
Actually, I believe this WAS a recent storyline on Days of Our Lives, maybe that's where she got the idea from.
AIM

Las Cruces, NM

#68 Jun 2, 2011
Everyone who is believing shes not pregnant and is believing all this crap the mother of CJ Is saying. Look in the next few days news papers!!!! Reporters (different reporters) are now getting handed over documents on the medical status' and CJ's mother and how she abonded him!

If you notice basically only CJ's "mother" is speaking here no one else and shes just mad cause she cant be involved with anything! Yet now she wants to be involved when she never was! So like I said look at the next few articles to come!!!
Bottle Rocket

Las Cruces, NM

#69 Jun 3, 2011
AIM wrote:
Look in the next few days news papers!!!! Reporters (different reporters) are now getting handed over documents on the medical status' and CJ's mother and how she abonded him!
Yeah, I'm sure there's documentation about "how she abonded him." If she was pregnant, had an abortion, or maybe was mistaken in thinking she was pregnant, I look forward to that article. But please, let's not pretend this is the freaking Lindbergh baby here. If we all weren't stirring up the Topix pot, I'm sure there would have just been one story about the accident on Monday and end of story.
carlos lakemper

Santa Fe, NM

#70 Jan 25, 2013
you know what all u guys dont know waht happend ok cody tryed to kill himm self and did all u guys talkin crap can go to hell
carlos lakemper

Santa Fe, NM

#71 Jan 25, 2013
and she was prego ok with my son i saw the ultrasound in person when the doctor did it ok
carlos lakemper

Santa Fe, NM

#72 Jan 25, 2013
Feels Like a Mushroom wrote:
<quoted text>the fetus just magically passed through her clothing and out of the car? fetal osmosis? you know for fact she was pregnant? fact? you can't be serious. if your statements were remotely possible, your credibility might not be in question.
ok bro my mother is not a drug addict ok
carlos lakemper

Santa Fe, NM

#73 Jan 25, 2013
Curious George wrote:
Whose decision was it to run this story?? The Sun News should have left this element of the story alone. Either the girl is lying or the mother of the injured boy has her facts wrong - either way, it is none of our business. The bizarre details about officers searching the area for an ejected fetus is beyond ridiculous. Leave this crap to the National Enquirer.
bro i can have a kid if i want to and who are u to say were not old enough
carlos lakemper

Santa Fe, NM

#74 Jan 25, 2013
Careful What You Believe wrote:
It's not hard to tell if she was pregnant. I'm sure they did a blood test to check. The pregnancy hormones would still be very high if she lost a baby recently, much less that day. There will be proof of it either way and no amount of "gossip" will change that.
ya real kool u are homie talkin about someone that almost died

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min Eric 69,960
Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied (Jun '11) 20 hr maturesinglesdate 12,365
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Sat justice is just a... 6,084
Maobama and Ebola Sat Bloodonhishands 1
Sound Off Oct 17 kimberly atencio 4
Sheriff's office reports burglary spike in area... Oct 16 Sonia 1
School supplies needed for low-income families (Aug '10) Oct 16 whatisyourneed 27
Hatch Dating
Find my Match

Hatch Jobs

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hatch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hatch

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]