Las Cruces crash victim wasn't pregnant after all, authorities say (11:37 p.m.)

A Las Cruces teen is fighting for his life after a high-speed crash - and his family is coping with the news that the boy was not a father-to-be, as he had thought. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 10

Farmington, NM

#1 Jun 1, 2011
She wasn't pregnant and told others that she was 6 months pregnant?? Am I missing something here?
How much worse can things get knowing that your girl lied?
Trapping a man by saying that you are pregnant is NOT a way to go.

I'm so sad for all involed I hope the young man recovers.
My prayers go out to the families.
hmmm

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jun 1, 2011
Talk about a confusing situation. On the one hand the girl lied and there was no baby. On the other hand since there was no baby, there was no baby lost. What a totally avoidable tragedy. The remaining victims and their families, along with Cody's family remain in my prayers. My heart breaks for a girl who thought it necessary to perpetrate such a fraud, if in fact it was a fraud. What despiration...

Since: Jul 10

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jun 1, 2011
Well, this kid has caused his family and friends a lot of pain that will never go away. I'm just glad this car did not plow into another carload of people with a driver that was observing the speed law during this madness. I drive A LOT. Every time I leave the house, I wonder if today will be the day that someone who is being careless, reckless or law-breaking will make it so I don't return home.

This is a stupid, stupid way to die. The deceased young man should be put on a poster in hopes of saving one young person from him/herself in the future, and maybe saving other lives in the process.
Consequences

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jun 1, 2011
I didn't see that he died. Too bad.

Actions and decisions have consequences. No one asked him to have unprotected sex no one asked him to drive dangerously. Those were decisions he made and the ultimate consequence was received.
melissa

Wickenburg, AZ

#6 Jun 1, 2011
Before everyone starts bashing this young woman....did anyone bother to get confirmation from a medical doctor that she was indeed not pregnant or are they just going by law enforcement not finding any fetus at the crash site?
CiE

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 1, 2011
Consequences wrote:
Actions and decisions have consequences. No one asked him to have unprotected sex no one asked him to drive dangerously. Those were decisions he made and the ultimate consequence was received.
Look a little further, the father of the non-existant child and the driver who died are two different individuals. Oy!
How About You

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Jun 1, 2011
Consequences wrote:
He engages in unprotected sex and drives at dangerous speeds?
He needs to take a look at his actions. Thank goodness there wasn't a baby as these two CHILDREN are not even old enough to support a baby.
Grow up.
Consequences wrote:
Try reading the story and understanding what you read instead of just coming on an making idiotic assumptions and still get it wrong.
curious

United States

#10 Jun 1, 2011
Don't judge before you know the facts. Get a doctors confirmation before stating she was not pregnant.
too close

Placitas, NM

#12 Jun 1, 2011
Who cares whether she was pregnant or not. The fact of the matter is we should always look around cause we never know what someone elses actions could cause. One person is dead, the other is fighting for his life, and the third may never be able to bear a child. My prayers go out to all three families.
in disbelief

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jun 1, 2011
It's upsetting to see that Sun News and LCPD are willing to make the assumption that the young girl was lying about being pregnant because they couldn't find proof. Guess what I've met her before,and guess what else she was pregnant.... And another thing why is so much hear say being printed instead of facts. Im sorry about the young mans condition but his mother needs to not make such brash statements about the deceased. It's between the two passengers, the driver, and God as to what happened on that fateful drive.....
QEYHTYHRJSWYRJW

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Jun 1, 2011
NMSP:

Please charge Bridgette Ortiz with filing a false report, and sue her for the overtime and related costs out there performing SAR for the magical flying fetus of Las Cruces.
Frankly

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jun 1, 2011
Frankly, just plain irresponsible idiots on the road again. It's all about CHOICES! Guess I have gotten tired of the same old crap. The Boo-Hoo stories of my baby isn't guilty. I am at the point that if an individual like this passes me recklessly on the road and flips 100 times, I'd have to look the other way, say adios and keep on going.
LCNM

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Jun 1, 2011
in disbelief wrote:
It's upsetting to see that Sun News and LCPD are willing to make the assumption that the young girl was lying about being pregnant because they couldn't find proof. Guess what I've met her before,and guess what else she was pregnant.... And another thing why is so much hear say being printed instead of facts. Im sorry about the young mans condition but his mother needs to not make such brash statements about the deceased. It's between the two passengers, the driver, and God as to what happened on that fateful drive.....
First of all, it was state police, not LCPD. Second of all, wow, "hear say." You must be a law student. Very impressive.
Publius

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jun 1, 2011
Consequences wrote:
You also didn't see that the driver was not the one that allegedly impregnated the girl. Dummy.
on blast

United States

#21 Jun 1, 2011
Soooooo was she pregnant or not? For real, reals?
AIM

Las Cruces, NM

#23 Jun 1, 2011
First off girl was pregnant there are ultrasound pictures to prove it. Why would the baby be out in the middle of no where its still small not a nine month newborn! SPEED from driver was a factor obviously why would they crash that bad if driver was not speeding and didnt want to slow down. Mother of carlos "CJ" is making up most of this because she abonded her son and is not allowed to see the Mother that was to be expecting. PEOPLE DONT BELIEVE MOST OF THIS NON-SENSE!!!!
LC Today

Las Cruces, NM

#24 Jun 1, 2011
Prayers for the LaKemper family and the girfriend of the young man as well.

As for the driver of the Honda Civic, who died at the scene after causing this horrible accident, one can only say that there is one less stupid on the planet now.
LC Today

Las Cruces, NM

#25 Jun 1, 2011
on blast wrote:
Soooooo was she pregnant or not? For real, reals?
Not!
LC Today

Las Cruces, NM

#26 Jun 1, 2011
AIM wrote:
First off girl was pregnant there are ultrasound pictures to prove it. Why would the baby be out in the middle of no where its still small not a nine month newborn! SPEED from driver was a factor obviously why would they crash that bad if driver was not speeding and didnt want to slow down. Mother of carlos "CJ" is making up most of this because she abonded her son and is not allowed to see the Mother that was to be expecting. PEOPLE DONT BELIEVE MOST OF THIS NON-SENSE!!!!
What I don't believe is the drivel that you're shooting your mouth of about.
fixXxed

Las Cruces, NM

#27 Jun 1, 2011
Great day for tax payers!

Also, I bet the majority of the poorly written comments above originate from friends and relatives of the involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 70,555
LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) 11 hr tnks2you 7
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Wed just watching 6,149
Las Cruces City Attorney is Dangerous needs to ... Wed watchdog1 1
$360 out of your pocket! Wed watchdog1 3
dumbascaps running for the woodwork Wed watchdog1 4
UPDATE: Failure to communicate? Qwest service r... (Dec '10) Nov 16 Gregory362 80
Hatch Dating
Find my Match

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hatch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hatch

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:02 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:02PM
Zuerlein's kicking key to victory over Broncos - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:24 PM
What Are Experts Saying About San Diego?
NBC Sports 2:52 PM
Cards' Fitzgerald says left knee 'a little better' - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:55 PM
Fitzgerald still optimistic he'll play
Bleacher Report 3:59 PM
Report: Clay Now a Game-Time Decision vs. DEN