small business development

small business development

Posted in the Hatch Forum

las cruces small business

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Apr 4, 2013
What business has Fred Owensby, the director of Small Business Development Center in Las Cruces, ever owned or operated? As far as known, the only employee who has ever started their own business is Mike Levine. Claudia Hadley has never started or owned her own business. She apparently married someone who owns their own business. What is this nepotism that is rampant in Las Cruces. Fred deserves to be director because he has a family to support and Claudia because she is married to someone?
workforce connection

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Ineptitude, typical NMs: Richard Wagner, the director of Workforce Connections in Las Cruces, has never tried to get a job in this economy. Why should someone who has no idea what it is like to be a job seeker in this economy be the director? He has no skill at bringing jobs to NM, and that is apparently not part of his job description. It should be. Produce or lose your job. It should be that if you cannot bring jobs to Dona Ana County, you lose your job. The staff at Workforce Connections in Las Cruces is a joke. They are over staffed, a lot people hanging around doing nothing, except making sure those who only speak Spanish are taken care of, know how to fill out forms, etc., and are made to feel welcome. Their relatives, I guess. Mexicans leave Mexico because they cannot find work and come here and take jobs away from NMs. Don't talk about them doing jobs NMs would not do; it's not true. The state actually employs a woman at the Workforce Connection who is referred to as a "counselor" who has no degree in counseling (same job for 20+ years and a very old bachelor's with no education update, which would be meaningless in this economy), and the man who does the resume workshops is a hateful, ex-military man. If you hate people or people who are educated, how did you get a job, and why work at Workforce Connetions? Getting a job just because you are a veteran makes no sense, especially if you joined the military because you were unqualifed for anything else -- not even a GED. It's the enigma of NM state workers and NM natives. He represents most unqualified NM state workers and NMs in general who have jobs and don't deserve them. Or perhaps they do deserve these jobs because they do represent New Mexicans, meaning, they are unqualifed, illiterate, either are illegitmate or have illegitimate children, are undocumented workers, and uneducated, meaning NM high school graduates or degrees from NMSU (you get a passing grade for showing up).

Don't understand what I just wrote? You are probably a NM high school graduate, NMSU graduate, your sister is your mother, you got the job because of nepotism, or because of some federal requirement and you are a veteran.

The Las Cruces gene pool need clorine.
Reply to blowhard

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 18, 2014
las cruces small business wrote:
What business has Fred Owensby, the director of Small Business Development Center in Las Cruces, ever owned or operated? As far as known, the only employee who has ever started their own business is Mike Levine. Claudia Hadley has never started or owned her own business. She apparently married someone who owns their own business. What is this nepotism that is rampant in Las Cruces. Fred deserves to be director because he has a family to support and Claudia because she is married to someone?
TO the uninformed blowhard: Stop by the DACC Workforce Center anytime and I would be glad to discuss all the businesses I have owned and operated over the years, as well as my education and many years experience in the economic development arena. Having a family to support was not a qualification for this job and has nothing to do with nepotism. Once again, please come by my office so that we can have a face-to-face.
Stans

El Prado, NM

#4 Jun 18, 2014
Seems fellers is gittin hot under the collar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One hour air / ecomax 18 hr DorianLord 1
News Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to judicial p... (Mar '11) Thu Lucile 35
News Goal of Alamogordo's police chief is transparancy Wed Yep 4
News Synthetic marijuana known as K2 or Spice outlaw... (Apr '11) Wed Usnjohn 33
looking for wendy clark May 24 patrickthompson 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) May 24 Lyrcia 6,852
Victory Austin Trout in Las Vegas Nevada May 21 King Louie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages