One-time altar boy claims 3 priests i...

One-time altar boy claims 3 priests in Alamogordo molested him

There are 30 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from May 7, 2013, titled One-time altar boy claims 3 priests in Alamogordo molested him. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A former altar boy, now a man of 34, alleges in lawsuits that three priests at St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i call bs

Tijeras, NM

#1 May 9, 2013
guy and his lawyer want some money off a dead priest who was wonderful. i was an altar server for father dan, and never ever saw the crap that this lunatic is spouting.
Father Dans Ghost

Cloudcroft, NM

#2 May 9, 2013
i call bs wrote:
guy and his lawyer want some money off a dead priest who was wonderful. i was an altar server for father dan, and never ever saw the crap that this lunatic is spouting.
wipe your chin. they might want it as evidence.
It is true

Alamogordo, NM

#3 May 10, 2013
i call bs wrote:
guy and his lawyer want some money off a dead priest who was wonderful. i was an altar server for father dan, and never ever saw the crap that this lunatic is spouting.
You sound jealous that he didnt fondle you.
hasbeen

Alamogordo, NM

#4 May 10, 2013
It breaks my heart to hear this. I cannot claim to be Catholic but this harms Christianity in general. I pray for the wounded families who will never recover from these attacks.
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#5 May 11, 2013
This is absolutely false and I'm ashamed that the ADN would print this article without checking the
dates of the incidents. There are too many parishioners who know and remember who was assigned there and when. If the ADN just wants to pick up an article from Santa Fe without checking the content, they are so wrong. Shouldn't this 9-yr-old have been in school? Three priests over how many years??? Give me a break. I'm ashamed the ADN would have printed such a story!
CARB

Washington, DC

#6 May 12, 2013
I don't doubt it!
Reason

Carrizozo, NM

#7 May 12, 2013
Fr Dan Friend wrote:
This is absolutely false and I'm ashamed that the ADN would print this article without checking the
dates of the incidents. There are too many parishioners who know and remember who was assigned there and when. If the ADN just wants to pick up an article from Santa Fe without checking the content, they are so wrong. Shouldn't this 9-yr-old have been in school? Three priests over how many years??? Give me a break. I'm ashamed the ADN would have printed such a story!
I have to agree with you on one point. A story about a lawsuit alleging a priest molested an altar boy is not newsworthy these days.
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#8 May 13, 2013
Where is the proof? These priests are both dead and cannot even defend themselves. How convenient!! Just pull everyone through the mud for the benefit of money!!
Where is the

Alamogordo, NM

#9 May 13, 2013
Fr Dan Friend wrote:
Where is the proof? These priests are both dead and cannot even defend themselves. How convenient!! Just pull everyone through the mud for the benefit of money!!
proof that it didnt happen?
Patriotic Gun owner

Cloudcroft, NM

#10 May 13, 2013
Fr Dan Friend wrote:
Where is the proof? These priests are both dead and cannot even defend themselves. How convenient!! Just pull everyone through the mud for the benefit of money!!
were you the catcher or the pitcher?
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#11 May 13, 2013
How utterly disgusting!! This means that anyone can come forward after the death of your loved one and accuse them of abuse. As for the Gun Owner, I always supported gun ownership. Where do you come off with your snide remarks. Do you really have something to offer???
Is your knickname

Alamogordo, NM

#12 May 13, 2013
Fr Dan Friend wrote:
How utterly disgusting!! This means that anyone can come forward after the death of your loved one and accuse them of abuse. As for the Gun Owner, I always supported gun ownership. Where do you come off with your snide remarks. Do you really have something to offer???
Neil & Bob?
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#13 May 13, 2013
You still didn't answer the question. How are two dead priests who never had allegation brought against them before supposed to defend themselves now that they are dead. How convenient. Show me the proof!!! In the meantime I pray that these two priests will be supported by both the Diocese of El Paso and the Diocese of Las Cruces. How easy to bring lawsuits against the dead. His word against the word of a dead person/s????????
Whiskey Tango

Cloudcroft, NM

#14 May 13, 2013
they did it. get over it. this is nothing new in the modern Catholic church. have you ever heard of the Brothers of the Paraclete. nuff sed
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#15 May 15, 2013
Yes, I've heard of them. Fr. Holley was part of that program. But Fr. Dsn never even knew him. Fr. Holley paid for his sins and died in prison. What more is there to say. Show the evidence against Fr. Diamond and Fr. Dan!!!! Suppose you were accused after your death. How would your family and friends react?????
Well Neil and Bob

Alamogordo, NM

#16 May 15, 2013
Fr Dan Friend wrote:
Yes, I've heard of them. Fr. Holley was part of that program. But Fr. Dsn never even knew him. Fr. Holley paid for his sins and died in prison. What more is there to say. Show the evidence against Fr. Diamond and Fr. Dan!!!! Suppose you were accused after your death. How would your family and friends react?????
Their family and friends knew about the abuse and covered it up. It is nothing new in the Catholic church.
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#17 May 15, 2013
Well Neil and Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Their family and friends knew about the abuse and covered it up. It is nothing new in the Catholic church.
I can tell you they DID NOT. Obviously you do not like the Catholic Church. But in this case, you are outnumbered!! I may be the only one speaking up on this forum, but there are many others who are speaking up in the forum that counts.

All know about the frailty of Fr. Dan. I guess you didn't know him and are willing to condemn him on the sins of other priests. Sadly, I did not know Fr. Diamond. However, those who did know him say nothing but glowing reports about him. There was NO time that Fr. Dan spent alone with any altar boy at St. Jude. He was in view of parishioners before and after every mass. Again, I ask, how would you feel if someone accused you of sexual assault after you were dead and they could not provide proof?? Fr. Dan's health was always a factor from the day he walked into the parish. He had no strength do any of the accusations leveled on him. There is certainly enough medical evidence to prove that, plus parishioners who drove him to ALQ FOR dr's appts to testify on his behalf in a slander suit. If you have a personal problem with the Catholic church, I respect that. But don't accept everything you hear about two dead priests, please.
Galapagos

Cloudcroft, NM

#18 May 15, 2013
just because the old priests are dead does not mean they are innocent. nor does it mean they are guilty.

how can you know they are innocent?

wishful thinking. plain and simple.

given the hundreds of pervert priests, and the millions they cost the Church. I would say that the tide of history is against you Mr. Pollyanna.
Whatever

Alamogordo, NM

#19 May 15, 2013
Fr Dan Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you they DID NOT. Obviously you do not like the Catholic Church. But in this case, you are outnumbered!! I may be the only one speaking up on this forum, but there are many others who are speaking up in the forum that counts.
All know about the frailty of Fr. Dan. I guess you didn't know him and are willing to condemn him on the sins of other priests. Sadly, I did not know Fr. Diamond. However, those who did know him say nothing but glowing reports about him. There was NO time that Fr. Dan spent alone with any altar boy at St. Jude. He was in view of parishioners before and after every mass. Again, I ask, how would you feel if someone accused you of sexual assault after you were dead and they could not provide proof?? Fr. Dan's health was always a factor from the day he walked into the parish. He had no strength do any of the accusations leveled on him. There is certainly enough medical evidence to prove that, plus parishioners who drove him to ALQ FOR dr's appts to testify on his behalf in a slander suit. If you have a personal problem with the Catholic church, I respect that. But don't accept everything you hear about two dead priests, please.
you say Neil & Bob. John Wayne Gacy was also a likable fellow. Didn't make him any less of a serial killer. These priests were perverts plain and simple. Deal with it.
Fr Dan Friend

Frankfort, KY

#20 May 15, 2013
I am more than tired of trying to make sense with you. I am no Pollyanna. These priests are no where in the category of John Wayne Gacy. They were never perverts and refuse to argue with you any more. You have your mind made up. Sure hope this never happens to you after your death. It sounds like both of you have your minds made up that all Catholic priests are sexual predators. There is no reason to keep up this conversation. I wish you both the best and hope that you will find some justice somewhere in your hearts. It is so easy to accuse two deceased people who cannot defend themselves. That is your choice. I spent so much time there that I can honestly say, it would have been impossible: especially for Fr. Dan. Say what you want, but you didn't know him. I did and I know whst a frail man he was. No sense trying to talk to either one of you!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News E. Shirley Baca takes position with New Mexico ... (Jul '09) Oct 11 me from new mexico 3
News Advocates call for passage of 'clean' immigrati... Oct 5 spytheweb 1
News Telles verdict expected today (May '08) Oct 1 son 59
lcpd no confidence vote Sep 19 Bloodonhishands 3
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Sep '17 Marie 6
News DEA conducts raid at Phat Glass in Las Cruces Sep '17 grateful for DEA ... 1
News Burn Lake sexual activities targeted by authori... (Sep '10) Sep '17 Jimmy Aid 145

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages