Child-abuse suspects free on bond

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

A husband and wife accused of punishing four children by confining them to a garage have bonded out of jail.
Comments
41 - 57 of 57 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unknown pittsburgh love

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Pits wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittsburgh is the pits. Stealers Suck. Go Jags
First of all learn how to spell Steelers! And do you really feel that is appropiate to write about a place you have never been too! And are probably not even worthy of visiting! Pittsburgh was home to these Yaw children, until these childrens home was broken by a marriage that shouldnt have been!!!
Knew Joyce at Fairveiw

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2008

joyce donadee wrote:
I know the Yaw children including their older siblings. After their mother died of breast cancer when they were very young, their father started to move them around from house to house and from school to school in Pittsburgh. After he married Rita, I heard stories for years about how harsh he was with the older children. All of the Yaw children are well-behaved, good children. Please dig more into why he keeps moving around.
Joyce,
You were an embarassment as a guidance counselor at Fairview and it is so typical that you would imply that you had some understanding of this unfortunate situation. You couldn't figure something out if it was in pictures and first grade text. Just cut your losses and keep your lame opinions to yourself. Thank heaven you are retired! And, correct me if I'm wrong but would it EVER be appropriate for you to comment on someone you met through school? Not that being a counselor at school gave you a clue. It never did.
Garganchuan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Knew Joyce at Fairveiw wrote:
<quoted text> Joyce,
You were an embarassment as a guidance counselor at Fairview and it is so typical that you would imply that you had some understanding of this unfortunate situation. You couldn't figure something out if it was in pictures and first grade text. Just cut your losses and keep your lame opinions to yourself. Thank heaven you are retired! And, correct me if I'm wrong but would it EVER be appropriate for you to comment on someone you met through school? Not that being a counselor at school gave you a clue. It never did.
Well, someone had an axe to grind with Joyce! This is so rude, and tactless, but I like the way you think! I wonder where this little snipet came from?
Teresa

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

The kids today need a serious beating.
Garganchuan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Teresa wrote:
How serious? A quick trashing, or a verbal tongue lashing followed by a brutal onslaught of fists, and punches and kicks? How serious?
Teresa

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Garganchuan wrote:
<quoted text>
How serious? A quick trashing, or a verbal tongue lashing followed by a brutal onslaught of fists, and punches and kicks? How serious?
You said it all. I'm for it.

“i just want...bang, bang, bang”

Since: Jun 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Parents today need to learn how to raise their kids.
Teresa wrote:
Anonymous

Dunbar, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

I think it is unconscionable that some folks here are making light of this tragic situation. How do you think the children involved would feel to read these kinds of comments? Please have some concern for them. Have they not been through enough without being additionally subjected to such careless comments?
Concerned

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Anita wrote:
It's so difficult to take in. Such sadness for everyone involved. Does anyone know if the grown children are able to get the younger children out of foster care?
I am a foster parent in Las Cruces. I am aware of where the children where (while in Las Cruces in foster care). They are now with family members of of state (still under the jurisdiction of state custody - foster care). All articles mention the four girls aged 11 - 15. There are two more younger ones (who were removed and placed into state custody) and it is reported that the mother is currently pregnant with twins!
Garganchuan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a foster parent in Las Cruces. I am aware of where the children where (while in Las Cruces in foster care). They are now with family members of of state (still under the jurisdiction of state custody - foster care). All articles mention the four girls aged 11 - 15. There are two more younger ones (who were removed and placed into state custody) and it is reported that the mother is currently pregnant with twins!
Only in New Mexico!
Another Pgh Mom

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
I think it is unconscionable that some folks here are making light of this tragic situation. How do you think the children involved would feel to read these kinds of comments? Please have some concern for them. Have they not been through enough without being additionally subjected to such careless comments?
Thank You! Nothing could be more true.
Concerned Pittsburgher

Aliquippa, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

I'll use yinz's name...No matter how you look at it, it is still child abuse.
C_ Rose

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Well...it would seem that the doctor is heading for a new home. I saw a huge U-haul in their driveway last night. It appeared that they were moving under the cover of darkness. Sure wish the news stations would do a follow-up on this family. I sure hope the kids are safe!
anonymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

C_ Rose wrote:
Well...it would seem that the doctor is heading for a new home. I saw a huge U-haul in their driveway last night. It appeared that they were moving under the cover of darkness. Sure wish the news stations would do a follow-up on this family. I sure hope the kids are safe!
Again, I cannot believe the frequency of their moves. I wonder how they have been treated since the story broke.
anonymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

C Rose wrote:
Judas is correct. The Yaw's lived next to us on Mission Nuevo. And, the reason we were totally shocked is that they were the cookie cutter picture of what a happy family looked like from outward appearances. They were very friendly and very neighborly. The kids were very close to our kids and we were very upset when they moved away even though it was just a few blocks away. We never obseverved any behavior from the parents that would send up a red flag. If I'd observed any abusive behavior, I'd have called CYFD back then. I just hope that the District Court of Las Cruces doesn't get intimidated by big money and a high powered attorney and prosecutes the good doctor as they would any person.
When you say that your kids were close to their kids are you including the girls or are you referring to Rita's two boys??? And what was their reason for moving a few blocks away???
Mary at Burgett Robbins

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

C_ Rose wrote:
Would the person who wrote this please call Mary at 1-800-832-6582. I am an attorney in New York, and am trying to help these kids. The fight is not over, and you may have helpful information. Thanks, Mary
VA Nurse

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

In case anyone is wondering where this Dr. Yaw could possibly be hired with all those child abuse charges, he's now the Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at the VA hospital in Albuquerque. What exactly are they looking for on those background checks if guys like him get into leadership roles, along with the likes of Dr. Frank Zimba and Dr. Christian Schlicht? Our nation's heroes deserve better than this, as did those children!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hatch Discussions

Search the Hatch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr SamBee 68,439
las cruces sun news - going out of business 15 hr paul 4
BREAKING: Motorcycle officer injured in morning... (Apr '08) Tue Retired Fire Chief 9
Review: Cisneros Locksmith Mon Yolanda Talamantes 1
Shake shops becoming cool spots to hang out (May '11) Mon moron 81
County has given hundreds of gay marriage licenses Jul 27 Belle Sexton 3
affrique (May '12) Jul 25 Sailboat1107 210
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Dona Ana County was issued at July 30 at 10:36PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
Hatch Dating

more search filters

less search filters