Lea County deputy arrested in child s...

Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.)

There are 5584 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State police say a Lea County sheriff's deputy has been arrested in an investigation involving sex crimes against two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

SMACK

Lovington, NM

#5501 Nov 21, 2012
You're going on and on about lies. It reminds me of Sandusky's wife. Why would she still stand by her husband and believe in his innocence after EIGHT victims came forward?

For the same reason that you so adamantly defend Danny. Because the pedofile has control and power over you as much as he did the other victims. There’s an idea that this is something you have to tolerate, this is part of the arrangement. You are afraid of being outcasted if you admit the truth. It's just easier to look the other way.

The spouse just decides that "anything I do will end badly for my family, for my kids, and so I’m just going to make a decision to ignore it"

But just remember: A psychopath has no conscience and therefore “has no capacity for feeling guilty,” remorse or concern for someone else’s pain. They compensate by becoming very good at faking “normal” feelings and, in many cases, learn how to intimidate others either by force or through their personalities.

So while all of you are taking hits over this (like losing jobs and being publicly shamed)-he doesn't feel any remorse or guilt. Any other granddaughters out there who have been victims of Danny's are out there suffering daily with this, struggling just trying to get through life while he is living carefree. And you are allowing this injustice by denying the truth. But do what you must to get through the day.

The first time he was convited was Friday the 13th...obviously 13 is not a good number for him...next time he is convicted will be the year 2013.:)
Justlaughing

Lovington, NM

#5502 Nov 21, 2012
I find it very comical that if someone has a difference of opinion than you people do then it instantly a threat. Just like if people dont like Obama then boom, they are racist. Its disturbing to see how your mind works. There have been no threats at all. You will be paid back for the evil seeds you have sown. If Karma is a threat to you then you must be worried someone will find out the truth. I have no reason to threaten anyone on here. None of you are worth my time. Trust me when I say that I would walk across a room to pour piss on you if you were on fire. I hate liars, they disgust me. Even more are the ones that lie and spread the lies someone started. You people talk about Danny and Rose and her sister. Then talk about Dannys brother and now about Heather and Jennifer and none of you really know what is going on with any of them. You only know what you read and then you twist that to suit you.Maybe you should know facts about the crap that spews from your mouth. I know your gonna start blabbing about how you do know facts because its public record. Give me a break. You know nothing. Now Im making threats and no one is scared of me. Really! When did I do that? When did I say anyone should be scared? I didnt. You dont know me or my family and its obvious you dont much about the Surratt family, oh except what you read and was told.You will be judged and you will be paid in full. Karma has deep pockets. My part in that will be that I let everyone know every aspect of your pathetic, lying lives.That way Karma will be sure to pay you back.I tried to make this as simple as possible for you to understand. I know its hard for simple minded people as yourselves but hope this helps.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5503 Nov 21, 2012
SMACK wrote:
You're going on and on about lies. It reminds me of Sandusky's wife. Why would she still stand by her husband and believe in his innocence after EIGHT victims came forward?
For the same reason that you so adamantly defend Danny. Because the pedofile has control and power over you as much as he did the other victims. There’s an idea that this is something you have to tolerate, this is part of the arrangement. You are afraid of being outcasted if you admit the truth. It's just easier to look the other way.
The spouse just decides that "anything I do will end badly for my family, for my kids, and so I’m just going to make a decision to ignore it"
But just remember: A psychopath has no conscience and therefore “has no capacity for feeling guilty,” remorse or concern for someone else’s pain. They compensate by becoming very good at faking “normal” feelings and, in many cases, learn how to intimidate others either by force or through their personalities.
So while all of you are taking hits over this (like losing jobs and being publicly shamed)-he doesn't feel any remorse or guilt. Any other granddaughters out there who have been victims of Danny's are out there suffering daily with this, struggling just trying to get through life while he is living carefree. And you are allowing this injustice by denying the truth. But do what you must to get through the day.
The first time he was convited was Friday the 13th...obviously 13 is not a good number for him...next time he is convicted will be the year 2013.:)
You're exactly right. As he has shown since his arrest, Danny has been more willing to destroy, hurt and humiliate all of the people he is supposed to love and protect. His wife, children, grandchildren, friends, and co workers. Those aligator tears he cried while in the courtroom were for Danny Surratt and no one else.

Just laughing and mimi, I too pray for Dan, and his family. I can't imagine my own father being proven guilty of a crime such as these. It would be devistating.

But I pray for all the victims of these men and pray that the entire truth come out at all the trials, and these men are no longer have the opportunity to hurt anymore children.

DNA doesn't lie. Also so many victims/survivors of Dan's has reported the same sort of crimes against them by him. Women/girls that have never even met before this case drew us together.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#5504 Nov 21, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
I find it very comical that if someone has a difference of opinion than you people do then it instantly a threat. Just like if people dont like Obama then boom, they are racist. Its disturbing to see how your mind works. There have been no threats at all. You will be paid back for the evil seeds you have sown. If Karma is a threat to you then you must be worried someone will find out the truth. I have no reason to threaten anyone on here. None of you are worth my time. Trust me when I say that I would walk across a room to pour piss on you if you were on fire. I hate liars, they disgust me. Even more are the ones that lie and spread the lies someone started. You people talk about Danny and Rose and her sister. Then talk about Dannys brother and now about Heather and Jennifer and none of you really know what is going on with any of them. You only know what you read and then you twist that to suit you.Maybe you should know facts about the crap that spews from your mouth. I know your gonna start blabbing about how you do know facts because its public record. Give me a break. You know nothing. Now Im making threats and no one is scared of me. Really! When did I do that? When did I say anyone should be scared? I didnt. You dont know me or my family and its obvious you dont much about the Surratt family, oh except what you read and was told.You will be judged and you will be paid in full. Karma has deep pockets. My part in that will be that I let everyone know every aspect of your pathetic, lying lives.That way Karma will be sure to pay you back.I tried to make this as simple as possible for you to understand. I know its hard for simple minded people as yourselves but hope this helps.
I have known the Surratt family and Danny for 50 years. I am a Surratt and know him, his brothers, and father well. I love them but my heart breaks for what they have done.

All I ask for is justice and compassion for the victims and their families.

Let's keep the unkind words off of the board and spend time giving thanks this weekend for what we have and pray for others less fortunate and the victims.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all no matter what side of the aisle you sit on in February.
Mimi

United States

#5505 Dec 5, 2012
Matt Chandler??? Okay isn't he a family friend of the Chavez'??? Heather is suing for Heaven ur retard. Its called stepping up when a family member needs help kind of like Danny did allowed a family meme ber to stay in their home so they could turn his kindness into some sick twisted shit those girls discuss me
YourSickToo

Addison, IL

#5506 Dec 6, 2012
(turn his kindness into some sick twisted shit)…problem is, this Danny has a history of such abuse dating back at least 30 years, without these poor children even knowing about it.

Do U think Brenda would lie about this abuse? Go against her family, just for kicks?

Read some FBI profiler books by people like John Douglas and U will see Danny fits the profile of a serial rapist. Like all of them, he started when he was young as he did with Brenda. And Brenda prob was not his first.

Sandusky’s wife should have been charged as an accessory as she knew what was going on…Danny’s wife knew as well and did not care, she should be charged too. Only then will these women that allow such depravity to go on in their homes… stop it!

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#5507 Dec 6, 2012
Mimi wrote:
Matt Chandler??? Okay isn't he a family friend of the Chavez'??? Heather is suing for Heaven ur retard. Its called stepping up when a family member needs help kind of like Danny did allowed a family meme ber to stay in their home so they could turn his kindness into some sick twisted shit those girls discuss me
Matt Chandler a family friend of the Chavez's? You're kidding right? It's so hard to take anything you have to say seriously. "Those girls discuss me" What did they DISCUSS with you? Keep trying Mimi!
Suckerfree

Hobbs, NM

#5508 Dec 6, 2012
If Matt Chandler was a family friend of the Chavez's,then why is he proscuting their brother inlaw? You know what he also knows some of the Sanchez family too. Matt Chandler chose to fight for justice for those girls.
Mimi you seem to know everything,so then why didn't Heather step up to help her own daughter,after Holly's husband molested her? no counseling? now look what's happening. i bet if someone really cared,they would be helping J get help.
1 more thing the only sick twisted shit,is you...
Justlaughing

Lovington, NM

#5509 Dec 7, 2012
You know, you should really take a look at what your saying on here. Alot of you have no idea what your talking about. You see something in a paper and instantly turn it into something its not. You all pretend to know what has happened in the past with Danny and his brothers. You take the word of a person that supposedly loved her own family so much she wanted to be with them but was rejected due to the Surratt boys having morals and standards. Well she cant handle rejection well and dwelled on the fact that one day Danny would be all hers. When it did not happen then she fabricated lies about them. Destroying his life. Then a story came out about Dannys brother and presto she made lies up about him to to hurt Danny and to make herself look so good in everyones eyes that read these post. Now they are attacking Heather and her family like they have first hand knowledge of what is going on there to. It is crazy to see how many people jump on the band wagon and have comments about things they have no idea about. It will all come out soon and man are you people gonna look stupid. The main thing is, all of you will be seen for the thing you really are, ignorant and lying humans with no life. I know this will cause some of you to post comments on how I twist things and Im stupid or a moron but when the smoke clears it will be you that looks foolish. So say what you will, I dont mind. Just dont be butt hurt when I say,'TOLD YA SO".
Truth will set you free

Lovington, NM

#5510 Dec 7, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
You know, you should really take a look at what your saying on here. Alot of you have no idea what your talking about. You see something in a paper and instantly turn it into something its not. You all pretend to know what has happened in the past with Danny and his brothers. You take the word of a person that supposedly loved her own family so much she wanted to be with them but was rejected due to the Surratt boys having morals and standards. Well she cant handle rejection well and dwelled on the fact that one day Danny would be all hers. When it did not happen then she fabricated lies about them. Destroying his life. Then a story came out about Dannys brother and presto she made lies up about him to to hurt Danny and to make herself look so good in everyones eyes that read these post. Now they are attacking Heather and her family like they have first hand knowledge of what is going on there to. It is crazy to see how many people jump on the band wagon and have comments about things they have no idea about. It will all come out soon and man are you people gonna look stupid. The main thing is, all of you will be seen for the thing you really are, ignorant and lying humans with no life. I know this will cause some of you to post comments on how I twist things and Im stupid or a moron but when the smoke clears it will be you that looks foolish. So say what you will, I dont mind. Just dont be butt hurt when I say,'TOLD YA SO".
the smoke has cleared they found the man GUILTY rememeber? And it will happen again. Wow just like all the Dannys supports. Never answering one question and staying away from the Truth, WOW I would hate to have all you supporters. But you have a hard time everyday trying to remember all the lies that Danny and Rose have told you.

Renton, WA

#5511 Dec 7, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
The only truth to your post is that you are a moron! Rose did nothing when the girls told her what Danny did, NOTHING! She sat on the stand and said it herself! I can't wait until Matt gets a hold of Danny, Rose, and Rose's friend who was also a Deputy at the time Rose told her what had happened!

Location hidden

#5512 Dec 8, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
#1 I was rejected by whom? Shows how much you know, cos I visited my Aunt and Uncle til Aunt Helen died. Then it was me that cut off all communication with the brothers.

#2 I never dwelled on the fact that Danny would one day be mine after the age of 10 yrs old and I began to understand what was really going on. I continued to keep my mouth shut for many, MANY, years so Danny's life would not be destroyed!

#3 [email protected] Cos it was BEFORE Dick was arrested for molesting his granddaughter that I told Diane Martwick Dick and Donnie had also molested me when I was young. Sooo, so much for your stupid theory of me reading it in the paper and then accusing Dick.

#4 As far as Heather, the other two girls and all the little granddaughters and greatgranddaughters goes, I feel sorry for them. I have no idea what is going on with the specifics of Jen's daughter. I suspect more than one of these girls has been molested at one time or another. Afterall they live among pedophiles and women that prefer to protect the men that hurt their children, rather than protect the children.

#5 I find you pathetic. If I'm not mistaken we heard a LOT of how we were going to be surprised and you all were going to tell us "TOLD YA SO" before the last trial. It got very quiet though once those DNA results were revealed and we heard the professionals testify during the trial. Then once that GUILTY verdict was read and they hauled his ass off to jail, MOST of the Danny supporters became MUTE!

The next verdict will be the same. GUILTY. Why? Because whether you have the guts to admit the truth or not, Danny Surratt is a pedophile.

Oh, and as far as my extended family goes and if or if they do not hate me. I don't care. I've warned them and if they continue to trust those particular Surratt brothers around their childrenm, MORE than they value their childrens well being, that will be their cross to bear.

Location hidden

#5513 Dec 8, 2012
TheTruth15 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only truth to your post is that you are a moron! Rose did nothing when the girls told her what Danny did, NOTHING! She sat on the stand and said it herself! I can't wait until Matt gets a hold of Danny, Rose, and Rose's friend who was also a Deputy at the time Rose told her what had happened!
I agree! 3 veteran law enforcement officers, yet not a one of them did their jobs and preserved the crime scene or sought medical attention for the girls!

As I've said from the time I became aware of what has been taking place out there in NM, I hope and pray that Rose and her buddy are charged with obstruction and spend some time behind bars themselves.

And they were sooooooo worried about The Surratt's good name? Please!!!!
SMACK

Lovington, NM

#5514 Dec 10, 2012
Justlaughing wrote:
So are you saying that Holly isn't still with the child molester who abused one of her very own family members? Are you saying that Heather isn't taking her own daughter to court for custody of her grandbaby? Who is the father of that baby anyway? How can you really think that Danny Surratt is a honest respectable man when there have been at least 5 separate accusations against him? Talk about the smoke clearing-I think the smoke has blinded you. We will say what we will because we want the TRUTH to be known. It is only a matter of days...2013 will be here before you know it. Count down to the end of Danny's freedom has begun.

Renton, WA

#5515 Dec 11, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! 3 veteran law enforcement officers, yet not a one of them did their jobs and preserved the crime scene or sought medical attention for the girls!
As I've said from the time I became aware of what has been taking place out there in NM, I hope and pray that Rose and her buddy are charged with obstruction and spend some time behind bars themselves.
And they were sooooooo worried about The Surratt's good name? Please!!!!
Surratt's good name? All I think about is disgust!

Springfield, IL

#5516 Dec 28, 2012
It looks like supoena's went out on 12/14/12. Pre-trial still set for 1/11/13 and court for 2/11/13. Does anyone know anything different?
Tanya

Hobbs, NM

#5517 Dec 28, 2012
BevOKC wrote:
It looks like supoena's went out on 12/14/12. Pre-trial still set for 1/11/13 and court for 2/11/13. Does anyone know anything different?
Yes Pre-Trail on Feb.4th, and Trail starts Feb.11 thru the 15th. I will email you if we hear anything different Bev.
Tanya

Hobbs, NM

#5518 Dec 28, 2012
BevOKC wrote:
Hey Bev Pre-Trail is on Feb.4th and the trail will start on Feb.11. I will email you if we hear anything different.

Springfield, IL

#5519 Dec 28, 2012
Tanya wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Bev Pre-Trail is on Feb.4th and the trail will start on Feb.11. I will email you if we hear anything different.
Thanks, Tanya.

Location hidden

#5520 Dec 31, 2012
Thanx Tanya and Bev. Plz keep us informed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! AND a big ole CONGRATS TO MY SIS BEV AND HER HUSBAND. Today is their anniversary!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 12 hr Phillip 7,117
Anyone Know "Doc" Daniel Brandt? Sun joedoe911 3
News N.M. man charged with hitting child with fly sw... (Aug '10) Jan 11 FacePalmingINTENSELY 35
News Swat situation ends without injury in Dona Ana ... (Jan '11) Jan 11 Djordan 48
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Jan 7 Puffthemagicdragon 3
Ivan Jan 7 Puffthemagicdragon 8
News Carlsbad pharmacy tech pleads guilty to drug po... Dec 23 Frankenfool 3

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages