Sound off! (May 13)

Sound off! (May 13)

There are 1 comment on the Silver City Sun-News story from May 13, 2011, titled Sound off! (May 13). In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Forty-one percent of mothers in Las Cruces have children out of wedlock. Probably all 41 percent are drawing taxpayer dollars in the form of food stamps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Not really a newcomer

Santa Fe, NM

#1 May 13, 2011
Looks like "welfare" is a dirty word to you, dear Unknown Source.

I suppose you are against helping poor mothers and their children, and why not? Did they NEED TO HAVE THOSE BABIES? Upstanding citizens have babies because they CAN AFFORD THEM.

If you CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE CHILDREN, just don't go out and "do it" with (boyfriends, husband, rape..)

Of course, dear Unknown Author, these "mothers" need help and of course, helping them will just abet their unhealthy attitudes of WANTING children without HAVING ENOUGH MONEY.

Point made?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 42 min Wake Up Call 6,909
News Magistrate Judge Galassini retires from bench 1 hr BarriCade 2
News Different Sparky's signature is the draw for 'A... (Aug '15) 20 hr Peter Knight 3
News Las Cruces vigil to honor murdered ABQ child Sun Pocohantas 9
News NMSU plans to eliminate 126 jobs Sun ForgetNMSUFootball 2
nmsu football willing to sell it's soul to win ... Aug 27 Takeastand 1
OOps Billary takes another hit - her anti woman... Aug 24 Blood on his hands 1

Hatch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatch Mortgages