Panel picks site for 911 center, but no funding yet for facility

Local officials are eyeing a spot in east Las Cruces for a 911 call center they say is a long-overdue. And it may wind up combined with a new police campus for that part of the city. Full Story
Doubt it

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 27, 2011
In other words they'll end up staying in the same rinky dink building for another 10 years before this new center will ever be built. Hope they dont have the same so-called director there for that long, oh yeah, who is he again? Either way these hard working "dispatchers" (not administration staff) who work 12-16 hours a day without lunch break or any real type of break for that matter deserve something new and better to boost their morale, maybe a new director would boost their morale as well. Either way I hope they get this new building and start hiring more people to answer phones because 7-8 people a shift answering phones for an entire county just isn't cutting it anymore. Good luck MVRDA "dispatchers" you all do an amazing job each time I call and need something from you, even the grumpy ones do an outstanding job.
A-P-B

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 27, 2011
... can't the 911 call center just shine a big bright spotlight into the sky like the "bat signal" to save money and to alert all the emergency responders in that manner ???
huh

Tempe, AZ

#3 Jun 27, 2011
A-P-B wrote:
... can't the 911 call center just shine a big bright spotlight into the sky like the "bat signal" to save money and to alert all the emergency responders in that manner ???
that was dum
Solano Joe

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jun 27, 2011
FYI you jacks, were broke. Get it, we have no more money to give you. Every new building in town is for public employees. This while the private sector who are actually trying to generate income in this god forsaken economy work in our old 40 year old buildings and are thankful for what we have. If you people would learn how to patch a damn hole in your roofs once in a while you could make a building last as well. I've had it, tea party here I come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min J RULES 70,551
LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) 10 hr tnks2you 7
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Wed just watching 6,149
Las Cruces City Attorney is Dangerous needs to ... Wed watchdog1 1
$360 out of your pocket! Wed watchdog1 3
dumbascaps running for the woodwork Wed watchdog1 4
UPDATE: Failure to communicate? Qwest service r... (Dec '10) Nov 16 Gregory362 80
Hatch Dating
Find my Match

Hatch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hatch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hatch

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:02 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:02PM
Zuerlein's kicking key to victory over Broncos - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:24 PM
What Are Experts Saying About San Diego?
NBC Sports 2:52 PM
Cards' Fitzgerald says left knee 'a little better' - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:55 PM
Fitzgerald still optimistic he'll play
Bleacher Report 3:59 PM
Report: Clay Now a Game-Time Decision vs. DEN