las cruces sun news - going out of business

Posted in the Hatch Forum

paul

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jul 23, 2014
Wont be long now. Crappy editing, lousy news coverage, political afiliation, super extreme intrusive advertising online, unable to deliver papers. Wont be long at all. And good riddance.
Las Cruces retiree

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jul 23, 2014
When I google the Las Cruces Sun News, I often do not see the letters to the editor or the local opinion columns for that day. A while back (one or two months) Michael Hays said he had to "persuade" them to place a Harbison column on line (presumably so he could comment on it). Perhaps my computer skills are lacking.
behindschedule

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jul 23, 2014
Spent a weekend in LC, after reading two days of the Sun News I was begging to see a high quality newspaper - so much so I looked long and hard but I did find the Albuquerque Journal - thank goodness.
paul

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jul 30, 2014
they really do suck - left out sound off twice this week, the only thing worth reading in this pos paper. hell ive even seen comments about it in sound off itself. ive lived all over the world, and this is absolutely the worst paper ever, no editing at all.
Kosher Frank

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Aug 7, 2014
THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!
watchdog1

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 8, 2014
This in not a newspaper. It is a mouthpiece for the Police Dept,and the City Council.
The Editor if you wish to call him that is worthless.
Better to read the Bulletin.
watchdog1

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Aug 8, 2014
paul wrote:
they really do suck - left out sound off twice this week, the only thing worth reading in this pos paper. hell ive even seen comments about it in sound off itself. ive lived all over the world, and this is absolutely the worst paper ever, no editing at all

The Sound Off was in the paper's web site until a couple of years ago. It started to bring up real issues about the City Council and the Mayor,on many questionable subjects. People were discussing things like the Red Light Cameras,and the crooked company that ran it(Red Flex). See www.thenewspaper.com The comments were getting to many Citizens thinking and that was not good for the Council or Mayor. All of a sudden it was relegated into a remote spot that was hard to find.
Instead Facebook came in and the whistle blowers were affectively stopped. no more pesky questions to answer by the Council & Mayor. Because no Whistle Blower can give info when they can be hunted down for telling the truth on what is going on.
This paper is an afront to the First Amendment.
Observer

United States

#8 Aug 8, 2014
The El Paso Times should be next. All they do is try to help cover up all the crime and corruption in El Paso, but they are not even good at that.
bloodonhishands

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 11, 2014
New ideas including a Editor, a dictionary or spellcheck would be a great first start everything past the second page is or might as well
'be the El Paso Times
Tabitha and Ted

United States

#10 Monday Aug 25
Tabitha: My mom is angry with me for leaving my job at the brothel.
Ted: I'd thnk she'd be proud of you for that.
Tabitha: She was until I told her I was going to be a news reporter.
Brian

United States

#11 Tuesday Aug 26
To the guys posting about the El Paso Times... You faggots obviously live in las cruces or Albuquerque. I read the El Paso times everyday and have for years as do thousands of other El Pasoan's. Crime in El Paso? How ignorant are you? 4 years in a row as the safest big city in America... Get a life you loser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 69,402
Former NMSU regent Laura Conniff named to space... Fri OMG 1
Al Sharpton - Head Race Bater Fri Kosher Frank 2
Hatch, NM a Speed Trap and "Tourist Gotcha" Thu YouBetterBelieveIt 8
Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to judicial p... (Mar '11) Sep 17 Poodle 12
Forghedaboudit joins Silver restaurant row Sep 16 Drifter 6
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Sep 16 DesertLady 168
•••
•••
•••