Hatboro Joins Anti-Airport Cause

Hatboro Joins Anti-Airport Cause

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Jun 22, 2011, titled Hatboro Joins Anti-Airport Cause. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The Hatboro Borough Council this week joined several other local entities that have spoken out against the continued use of the runway at Willow Grove air base .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

hatboro resident

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2011
The base has been there as long as I can remember. Now that the base is being shut down the vultures are commingle out to claim the land. What to do with the land? More homes? More shopping? Well its the worst housing market in history. Shopping you say. We have more than enough shopping centers and stores. Plus with the economy as unstable as its been probably not a good bet at this time.
Everybody is dead set against the airport idea. If everybody didn't want to live near an airport they sure chose poorly. This area would not be what it is today without it. The future of air travel is moving towards smaller feeder hubs servicing larger airports. Would we have 747's landing there day and night, probably not. It would most likely be smaller commuter planes. As far as the concern over air traffic goes all you have to do is look up. We live in one of the busiest flight corridors in the country.
I'm gonna wrap this rant up by saying:
I'm in the architecture field by trade and would love the work, but houses we have enough of. I golf but we this area is saturated with courses. I'm also a private pilot with over 700 hours of flight time and the proposed airport wouldn't necessarily be for pilots like me. Shopping who has the money.
Everybody needs to calm down, think about what we need instead of rushing to put something there for the sake of putting something there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PA Turnpike Plans Closure Between Willow Grove ... Jun 23 me justne 1
Review: Royal Water Damage Restoration (Aug '10) Jun 21 Le - Chalfont PA 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing Jun 16 Mallory R 3
Attempted murder (May '09) Apr '16 john 13
Lacey Park Mar '16 jokramer 1
News Frank Ferino, 77, owned gas stations (Sep '07) Mar '16 beah527 3
Lacey Park - 1948 (Oct '10) Mar '16 rheath 56
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hatboro Mortgages