Hastings / Police kill suspect in cem...

Hastings / Police kill suspect in cemetery

There are 72 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 11, 2008, titled Hastings / Police kill suspect in cemetery. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

George Siebenaler could hear more than see the commotion in St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Cemetery across the street from his Hastings home Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LOL

Cottage Grove, MN

#61 Jul 14, 2008
TRUTH wrote:
Seek the truth, Don't believe everything you read or see on the news. It is not accurate, and the truth will prevail. For those of you who pass judgment, remember you to will be judged one day! This tragedy could have been handled differently and all of the parties involved including Brandon's family and the police involved will deal with this for the rest of their lives. You all sound like fools assuming because the press has reported something that it is automatically accurate. You will all feel like idiots when you realize most of what you think you know is so far from the truth. Obviously you all are to far gone to grasp the truth. You all need to get lives and worry about your own loved ones and pray to God something like this does not happen to you. Also to the Gentlemen who quotes Jack Nicholson, you are the most ill-informed of all, I believe you said you were a police officer yourself and you know the police officer who shot Brandon. Then you probably can understand the fear in a police officer when he is physically unfit and struggles, when faced with potentially fearful situation, he may have acted hastily and accidentally jumped the gun and made the wrong decision. A police officer is human and capable of making bad choices as well especially under pressure. You use words such as puke, it's mentality like yours that make society question the police force with good reason, for the life of me, I don't understand how you passed the psychological evaluation. My thoughts and prayers are with Brandon and his loved ones. I pray for the man who killed Brandon. He know's what he did, and he will have to live with that and in the end he will be judged by the highest power, and I truly hope he will be bestowed the same mercy he showed his fellow man. You seem to think you are above the law, above God, you seem to have missed the part where Jack Nicholson was convicted. You fool!
ihaveahardtimereadingyourpostb ecauseyoudon't
useparagraphs.
wow

Saint Paul, MN

#62 Jul 14, 2008
LOL- You need to shut your f*ckin' mouth. Keep your rude opinions to yourself. You were a complete asshole to Brandon's sister. Who the f*ck are you? You replied with his charges. Wow speeding tickets, rolls through stop signs, assault and drug charges. You're trying to say you've never had a speeding ticket? You don't know anyone who has gotten drunk and gotten in a fight? That's assault isn't it..enough to get an assault charge? And wow..he had possession of drugs..a real life threatening criminal, we better put him away for life. He paid his debt for that, that's why it's a past record right? You have no idea why he assaulted this person..maybe the guy raped one of his family members. Shut your ignorant f*ckin' mouth. I pray to god that you have kids and they get killed at a young age for mistakes they made. All you are is a f*ckin' bully who likes to talk crap about everything and has to be right 100% of the time. but we all know you'll write back something stupid trying to be witty because you have to have the last word. F*ck you and keep your sympathy because it obviously means shit.
stupid people are funny

Circle Pines, MN

#63 Jul 15, 2008
wow wrote:
LOL- You need to shut your f*ckin' mouth. Keep your rude opinions to yourself. You were a complete asshole to Brandon's sister. Who the f*ck are you? You replied with his charges. Wow speeding tickets, rolls through stop signs, assault and drug charges. You're trying to say you've never had a speeding ticket? You don't know anyone who has gotten drunk and gotten in a fight? That's assault isn't it..enough to get an assault charge? And wow..he had possession of drugs..a real life threatening criminal, we better put him away for life. He paid his debt for that, that's why it's a past record right? You have no idea why he assaulted this person..maybe the guy raped one of his family members. Shut your ignorant f*ckin' mouth. I pray to god that you have kids and they get killed at a young age for mistakes they made. All you are is a f*ckin' bully who likes to talk crap about everything and has to be right 100% of the time. but we all know you'll write back something stupid trying to be witty because you have to have the last word. F*ck you and keep your sympathy because it obviously means shit.
So.......you are mad that people are happy that the cops took the action they did, and yet you are "praying to God" that other people's kids die at a young age?

*points at wow* YER STUPID!

Oh, and just so you know...I believe there is less trash on the street due to the shooting.
A very sad angry sister

Hastings, MN

#64 Jul 17, 2008
I feel very sorry for you. You have so much hate and its very sad. I couldn't help my brother because I live in Las Vegas. You obviously know nothing about suicide and suicide prevention. You really should get educated. Why do you care so much to write such hateful things? Do you really have nothing better to do? Here's an idea... get educated! Have a heart!
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wow, so the cops are supposed to be psychic?? And apparently your mother is psychic as well?? News flash for you. Just because your mom says your brother is suicidal it does not mean he will not harm anyone else. Your brother's actions precluded any other reasonable response by the police. So for a "health" teacher, you don't grasp reality well. Also if you are so up on how to deal with suicidal people, why did you not talk him down yourself?
Sorry your brother died, but like I said before, my sympathy is saved for decent people who are not felons doing dope, felons committing assault and a clown who fights with the cops. My sympathy does go out to the officers who were placed in a position through no fault of their own where the suspect left them no choice.
A friend

Minneapolis, MN

#65 Jul 17, 2008
How dare you people comment on a situation you know nothing of. You commenters more than likely did not know Brandon or any of the police officers involved. How would you feel reading these comments about your family?? Do any of you that bash those involved have any respect?? Its ridiculous that you feel the need to add your hurtful words to an already hurtful situation that does NOT involve you whatsoever. Point your fingers elsewhere. RIP Brandon you will forever be loved and missed. You were a great guy, my heart goes out to your family.
stupid people are funny

Saint Paul, MN

#66 Jul 17, 2008
A friend wrote:
How dare you people comment on a situation you know nothing of. You commenters more than likely did not know Brandon or any of the police officers involved. How would you feel reading these comments about your family?? Do any of you that bash those involved have any respect?? Its ridiculous that you feel the need to add your hurtful words to an already hurtful situation that does NOT involve you whatsoever. Point your fingers elsewhere. RIP Brandon you will forever be loved and missed. You were a great guy, my heart goes out to your family.
Did you "do" Brandon? And if so, was he any good? I only ask because if he was indeed good in bed, maybe I can feel sad that he is dead. If he was a good ride, maybe there was something in him worthy of life.
Right now I'm just not seeing it though.
leave his family alone

Saint Paul, MN

#67 Jul 17, 2008
stupid people are funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you "do" Brandon? And if so, was he any good? I only ask because if he was indeed good in bed, maybe I can feel sad that he is dead. If he was a good ride, maybe there was something in him worthy of life.
Right now I'm just not seeing it though.
WTF? Where did that come from?
mij

Rogers, MN

#68 Jul 17, 2008
Walking the Walk wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a cop for 10 years. I have pointed my weapon at countless suspects over those years. I have actually been pulling the slack out of the trigger on at least 5 of those people I have pointed my weapon at. In every instance I have absolutely no doubt that I would have been found 100% justified in using deadly force against all 5 people. Fortunately, I was able to convince those 5 souls to reconsider their actions before they forced me to use deadly force.
I can also tell you that I know the shooter (Sgt Galland) personally. He is definitely the most easy-going cops I know. To be honest, I was shocked to read that he was the shooter. I would bet my pension that he gave this puke every opportunity (and then some) to lay his weapon down.
I know this is hard for some to understand, but if cops shot EVERY person that they were justified in shooting, this story would not even be news. It would happen EVERY DAY! Cops use restraint on a daily basis that most armchair quarterbacks could not possible imagine.
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I have ended with a quote from the movie "A Few Good Men". I think it sums up my feelings PERFECTLY for those that choose to sit behind their computer screens and blast the police for actions they make in a life/death situation with the comfort and convenience of 20/20 hindsight:
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

I don't thank you for anything. You do a job and collect a check just like everyone else.
Intimidate and harass.
PSS

AOL

#69 Jul 17, 2008
No, you don't kill a suicidal person...UNLESS THEY ARE CHARGING YOU WITH A SWORD!!
A very sad angry sister wrote:
You write as if you were here that night. My brother did not intend to hurt anyone that night except for himself. He was suicidal and planned on using the "sword" on himself. When the police officers arrived, my frantic mother told them he was suicidal. Instead of him taking his own life, they did it for him. I am a health teacher and teach my students about suicide. YOU DON'T KILL A SUICIDAL PERSON! My brother was a good person and I am tired of people and the media WHO DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HIM making him look like he wasn't.
<quoted text>
Some sick people

Hastings, MN

#70 Sep 9, 2008
Well I knew Brandon and who ever was talking about him being good in bed are you missing some brain cells, I mean what is wrong with you? A person is not defined by how they are in bed in the "real" world, your world may be that pathetic and shallow and I am sure very lonely but out here that is not the case. Brandon was very troubled emotionally and even though he was this way he was a very bright and silly guy. He could always make us laugh. Personal Story: We were at his Moms house and Jaeson and I were haniging out and kind of having a bad day, Brandon was telling us a funny story about when he was younger and he had attempted to smoke toliet paper. He even claimed that it actually got him high. He went on with this story for about 5 minutes and we were laughing so hard, he made it totally believable then he said, "I was just kidding". I still today done know if he was just kidding but either way he was creative and funny and missed dearly among any one that was lucky enough to have had their lives touched by Brandon.
cody

Concord, CA

#71 Apr 19, 2011
Jeebs wrote:
hey mr. siebenaler, you really think police officers are going to think about trying not to do a little damage to your property over their own lives. would you. no i dont think so.
Jeebs! You are obviously not very well educated! A shooter especially a police officer should be aware of what is behind the person they are shooting at. A family was present in their own yard when the police officer began shooting at the victim. Did this ever occur to you before you began shooting off your mouth about my family.
RIH Brandon

Houston, TX

#72 Aug 13, 2015
Walking the Walk wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a cop for 10 years. I have pointed my weapon at countless suspects over those years. I have actually been pulling the slack out of the trigger on at least 5 of those people I have pointed my weapon at. In every instance I have absolutely no doubt that I would have been found 100% justified in using deadly force against all 5 people. Fortunately, I was able to convince those 5 souls to reconsider their actions before they forced me to use deadly force.
I can also tell you that I know the shooter (Sgt Galland) personally. He is definitely the most easy-going cops I know. To be honest, I was shocked to read that he was the shooter. I would bet my pension that he gave this puke every opportunity (and then some) to lay his weapon down.
I know this is hard for some to understand, but if cops shot EVERY person that they were justified in shooting, this story would not even be news. It would happen EVERY DAY! Cops use restraint on a daily basis that most armchair quarterbacks could not possible imagine.
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I have ended with a quote from the movie "A Few Good Men". I think it sums up my feelings PERFECTLY for those that choose to sit behind their computer screens and blast the police for actions they make in a life/death situation with the comfort and convenience of 20/20 hindsight:
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
I am so glad that I just learned of the details of this incident.
It saddens me to believe you feel it is okay to disrespect the decesed.
With that being said and with all due respect:
I curse you and your immediate family members.
I only hope that you can feel the pain and sorrow that the decesed family is feeling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In-N-Out Burger: Hastings, MN (Apr '12) May 12 Joe Balls 15
News A history of bullying complaints dogs Hastings ... Feb '18 Jim Clothier 1
News Hotel and restaurant eyed for century-old river... Jan '18 Jim Clothier 1
News St. Paul / Porky's drive-in is going for a ride (Apr '11) Dec '17 Berand Kirchner 31
News Storm blows Rosemount Dairy Queen robbery loot ... (Sep '10) Oct '17 Cazer Int 9
News Sheriff: Man Shot Dead In Trailer Park, Juvenil... (Aug '17) Sep '17 Aprillee1982 10
hastings cave system entrances (May '08) Aug '17 Anonymous 3

Hastings Jobs

Personal Finance

Hastings Mortgages