Rural Hastings man collects history, ...

Rural Hastings man collects history, one building at a time

There are 13 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 22, 2011, titled Rural Hastings man collects history, one building at a time. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Steve Bauer collects old buildings - he calls it his addiction. It's a craving that started innocently enough with an 1855 log cabin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

blindman

Summerfield, FL

#1 Apr 23, 2011
good for steve, hope he keeps of the good work,
zed

Hillsboro, OR

#2 Apr 23, 2011
YOU SIR, ARE A GREAT AMERICAN ! THANK-YOU
beeecause

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 23, 2011
Thanks Steve!
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 23, 2011
Be careful man. the Democrats will find a way to tax your hobby.
VoteOut TheDFL4Mayor

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 23, 2011
Well we won't have to go there now....
Jim Hennen

Deltona, FL

#6 Apr 23, 2011
I think what he has done and is doing is fantastic. I used to enjoy (still do) driving through rural Minnesota and Wisconsin, stopping in at the local eateries, each one with a story and specialty all its own, seeing the old churches and all. I have met kids who think milk comes from the supermarket, all the meat is grown and even worse, no idea of farming and the food production processes from farm to market.
I particularly recall the Catholic church in Pierz, MN, with its beautiful stained glasses windows, the magnificent altar at Assumption Catholic Church in Morris, that altar now lost forever, replaced with a sterile version that evidently appeals to those who subscribe to the "minimalist movement."
I now have a new destination the next time I visit Minnesota and family. Can't wait to see the Little Log House Village and step back in time to a simpler lifestyle.
Ellen

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 23, 2011
Thank you, Mr. Bauer, for preserving our past.
The Poor n MiddleClass

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Apr 23, 2011
Ellen wrote:
Thank you, Mr. Bauer, for preserving our past.
Yes, the rich & well to do does have a heart after all!.....And we thought they were donating to charities just to avoid paying more taxes.
NUTSTOU

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 23, 2011
3 cheers for Steve. Yhe best part is he is doing this on his own nickle. No tax payer dollars involved, this guy is one of a kind!
What

Saint Helens, OR

#10 Apr 23, 2011
How cool!
Rice Streeter

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Apr 23, 2011
Jim Hennen wrote:
I think what he has done and is doing is fantastic. I used to enjoy (still do) driving through rural Minnesota and Wisconsin, stopping in at the local eateries, each one with a story and specialty all its own, seeing the old churches and all. I have met kids who think milk comes from the supermarket, all the meat is grown and even worse, no idea of farming and the food production processes from farm to market.
I particularly recall the Catholic church in Pierz, MN, with its beautiful stained glasses windows, the magnificent altar at Assumption Catholic Church in Morris, that altar now lost forever, replaced with a sterile version that evidently appeals to those who subscribe to the "minimalist movement."
I now have a new destination the next time I visit Minnesota and family. Can't wait to see the Little Log House Village and step back in time to a simpler lifestyle.
Sorry about the clueless rating, I did it in error I agree with you 100%.
Rice Streeter

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Apr 23, 2011
Thanks Steve!
..........SAVE OUR HISTORY..........
train guy

Burnsville, MN

#15 Apr 24, 2011
does he have a train station? Hot Sams in Lakeville has a caboose he might want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In-N-Out Burger: Hastings, MN (Apr '12) Mar '16 Three Days 3 Miles 13
News Hastings cop cleared in fatal shooting in cemetery (Oct '08) Jan '16 digger 17
News St. Paul man charged in Selvig Jewelers robbery (Apr '08) Nov '15 Josh Lockhart Jr 13
catherine hintz (Jan '15) Aug '15 Sam 2
News Burnsville troop leader charged with molesting ... (Oct '09) Jul '15 Chas 174
News Minnesota's medicinal pot growers nearly ready ... (May '15) May '15 cowboy chris 1
New Business/ Oberg Auto Repair (May '09) Mar '15 tammys son 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hastings Mortgages