Judge rules Hastings teen killed in self-defense

Trent Griebling, 16, died on August 26 from stab wounds. Allan Beckles walked out of a Dakota County juvenile facility Monday, cleared of a murder charge. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike - Hastings

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2008
It is really immature of everyone picking on the family and girlfriend for this. Keep your heads high. I'm sorry all this had to happen.
johnny

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 26, 2008
dang
Chang Wangoloski

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 26, 2008
best wishes to you and your family.
b1steven

Encino, CA

#4 Feb 26, 2008
I can't see what they find so surprising that they would find the victims blood on the towel. If Beckles stabbed the boy (in self defense) of course there would be the victims blood spatter, probably all over the young man. When wiping his wound it most likely picked up some of the blood spatter from the victim.
sadie

Hamel, MN

#5 Feb 26, 2008
I'm glad its finally over. But the harrassement is still FAR from over and people need to leave us alone! thanx to everyone for your support to Allan and the rest of us.
GMH

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 26, 2008
"Live by the Sword, die by the Sword"!

Meth kills people...it time to start paying attentiont to what your kids are doing. They are all large and in-charge when on Meth. I guess he was proven wrong this time.
Finally free

Stevens Point, WI

#7 Feb 26, 2008
Congratulations to Alan and his family for the results in this trial. I have said it was self-defense all along. I only pray that Alan can learn from this and make a change in his young life to do better from this point on. Alan, you have a new chance at life. Use it to your advantage. Don't let it go to waste. Sadie, as his girlfriend, I hope that you both have learned from this and can lead each other in the right direction. You all learned a very valuable lesson due to the mistakes that were made by all of you. I read somewhere that the definition of insanity is when a person continues to do the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results. If you don't make changes in your life and your actions then the same mistakes will occur. Learn from this, grow as people and become better for it. Not everyone is against you. There are people out there that don't even know you that pray that your young lives are changed as a result of this and that you do better.
Irritated

Zimmerman, MN

#8 Feb 26, 2008
If you want to read peoples postings on this sssue befor the STPP renamed the article..Oprahs big give"..here are some of the comments.
WICKED CLOW wrote:
OK SERIOUSLY LEAVE TRENT AND HIS FAMILY ALONE LET HIM REST IN PEACE FOR GOD SAKES. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPNION BUT IF ITS GOING TO BE DISRESPECTFUL TO GRIEBLINGS FAMILY AND FRIENDS JUST KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF. YOU MAY NOT REALIZE IT BUT THINGS POSTED HERE REALLY HURT.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and in a sense you are asking anyone with a negative one to withhold it. While I don't necessarily agree with some of what is said, it is their right to express what they feel.
And if it causes hurt to read this stuff, then simply don't read it.
Free sorta
Kids fight, kids have raging hormones, kids are given to influence from peer pressure, kids are unstable emotionaly, kids make real bad choices.
If this kid could undo his bad choices that had a part in the death, I am sure he would do it over again.
I hope that all can be forgiven by all those hurt by this bad behavior of a couple of kids.
I am glad that their are a few Judges that do not simply act as an extension of the Prosecutor,
and make judgements based on more than which Lawyer is better able to manipulate the truth.
To often a person like this kid needs to prove he is not guilty. The allegation today is often a conviction.
Wendy Weinbaum

Tyler, TX

#9 Feb 26, 2008
While any death is unfortunate, this epidode ended well overall. As a Jewess in the US, may I remind everyone that America wasn't won with a registered gun, and that criminals are stopped by FIREARMS, not by talk? That is why all REAL Americans put our 2nd Amendment FIRST!!
experienced juror

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 26, 2008
Feel sorry for residents of Dakota co. who still have to put up with their arrogant,headline hunting d.a.This should never have gone to trial and that prick Backstrom still believes he was right and nobody else is.He can not even find a way to apolagize for having Allen locked awaiting a trial that never should have happened.Prosecute someone for killing their parents is what his job is.Trying to railroad someone for his own ego and political ambitions is not. Good luck Allen.

“whatalongstrange tripitsbeen ”

Since: Feb 08

Minneapolis

#11 Feb 26, 2008
whats a jewess?
Daniel Thompson

Hager City, WI

#12 Feb 26, 2008
Right after I have read this judgement decision I think this is fair enough
because Griebling was chasing Beckles and Griebling was much power than Beckles, if Beckles did not defence himself he may be the one who die first.
LETS GET IT RIGHT

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Feb 26, 2008
Daniel Thompson wrote:
Right after I have read this judgement decision I think this is fair enough
because Griebling was chasing Beckles and Griebling was much power than Beckles, if Beckles did not defence himself he may be the one who die first.
DANIEL YOU GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!! ANYONE THE SIZE OF THE KID KILLED SHOULD LEARN THAT THE TABLES CAN BE TURNED DO NOT EVER THINK YOU CAN BE A BULLY OR COME OUT ON TOP BECAUSE OF YOUR SIZE.
michelle

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Feb 26, 2008
The boy got what he was looking for and he didnt win. This is so sad this child had to go through all this and he was just defending himself and all the others need to leave him alone this is truly unreal how they cant even live in the city without fear and this boy that is dead is the cause of it all.
Sadies mom

Hamel, MN

#15 Feb 26, 2008
Finally free wrote:
Congratulations to Alan and his family for the results in this trial. I have said it was self-defense all along. I only pray that Alan can learn from this and make a change in his young life to do better from this point on. Alan, you have a new chance at life. Use it to your advantage. Don't let it go to waste. Sadie, as his girlfriend, I hope that you both have learned from this and can lead each other in the right direction. You all learned a very valuable lesson due to the mistakes that were made by all of you. I read somewhere that the definition of insanity is when a person continues to do the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results. If you don't make changes in your life and your actions then the same mistakes will occur. Learn from this, grow as people and become better for it. Not everyone is against you. There are people out there that don't even know you that pray that your young lives are changed as a result of this and that you do better.
Thanks for the positive comment, and they both are and will do well, I just hope these retaliators don't enter on to my property when I'm here cause I will show them what retaliation looks like. And if they get close enough, they might want to smile,cameras" dont lie!Leave my children alone.Our deepest sympathy to the Griebling family.
steph trents friend

United States

#17 Feb 26, 2008
stop making judgements on two people you do NOT know and if you do obviously not good. first off lets start out with allan look at him a druggie too and his mom none the less a methhead. yeah trent had problems and his dad used to too but they were and still are very dear to me! and for you guys to say a murderer should be out your all screwed up. what about allan and all the threats he made towards people about stabbing them. you really think that trent would of killed him. NO WAY. and so what if saidy and her mom and family and allan and his family say what they have to say, what about trents family and friends. allan and trent used to be friends back in the day. and allan used to live right across the street from me in hastings and one time trent was over at my house and i ran over to talk to allan. and when i came back i asked trent why he didnt like allan and you know what he said "i dont not like allan its just its never goin to be the same" bcuz of the whole friend issue thing. trent would of never killed allan and if you guys knew him you'd know that. allan probably thought that this was the perfect chance to prove that he was a "real" gangster. allan knew better that trent wouldnt of killed him. EVERYONE did. it wasnt self defense it was using a knife to stab one of my best friends so i or anyone else could ever be near him again. oh yeah, one other thing, b4 i moved back to wisconsin i went to the alc for a few days with allans best friend andrew, and you know what andrew told me "allan did what he had to do yeah i guess i feel kinda bad for trent but we are "bloods" and he did what he should of done" (thats not exactly word for word what he said but it is what he said but in different words). so before you judge anything think about this. it doesnt sound so much as self defense to me it sounds more like proving a point. and i hope some information i am gathering up is enough to put allan back away!!!!!
will

Hastings, MN

#19 Feb 29, 2008
steph trents friend wrote:
stop making judgements on two people you do NOT know and if you do obviously not good. first off lets start out with allan look at him a druggie too and his mom none the less a methhead. yeah trent had problems and his dad used to too but they were and still are very dear to me! and for you guys to say a murderer should be out your all screwed up. what about allan and all the threats he made towards people about stabbing them. you really think that trent would of killed him. NO WAY. and so what if saidy and her mom and family and allan and his family say what they have to say, what about trents family and friends. allan and trent used to be friends back in the day. and allan used to live right across the street from me in hastings and one time trent was over at my house and i ran over to talk to allan. and when i came back i asked trent why he didnt like allan and you know what he said "i dont not like allan its just its never goin to be the same" bcuz of the whole friend issue thing. trent would of never killed allan and if you guys knew him you'd know that. allan probably thought that this was the perfect chance to prove that he was a "real" gangster. allan knew better that trent wouldnt of killed him. EVERYONE did. it wasnt self defense it was using a knife to stab one of my best friends so i or anyone else could ever be near him again. oh yeah, one other thing, b4 i moved back to wisconsin i went to the alc for a few days with allans best friend andrew, and you know what andrew told me "allan did what he had to do yeah i guess i feel kinda bad for trent but we are "bloods" and he did what he should of done" (thats not exactly word for word what he said but it is what he said but in different words). so before you judge anything think about this. it doesnt sound so much as self defense to me it sounds more like proving a point. and i hope some information i am gathering up is enough to put allan back away!!!!!
You are very ignorant and have not learned a thing by what has transpired. A bully is dead and with him dead who knows how many other people will have their lives saved by this piece of trash being gone.
will

Hastings, MN

#20 Feb 29, 2008
None of you are gangsters, just punk wannabees. Wise up before the next one of you is laying in a box! By the way put your hats7661 on straight, do you really know how stupid you really look?
will

Hastings, MN

#21 Feb 29, 2008
GOOD LUCK STEPH,ARE YOU SO STUPID THAT YOU DON'T REALIZE THEY CAN NEVER PUT ALLAN ON TRIL FOR THIS AGAIN? IT'S CALLED DOUBLE JEOPARDY.
relative

Chaska, MN

#23 Mar 12, 2008
Allansfamo wrote:
<quoted text> Yea Sadie im pretty sure your stupid ass lied to that swhy allans forsure out. You and allan definatley dont have a future you slept with his bestfriend right after allan went to jail so i hope they beat the shit out of yoy because you set it up and thats what your little trick ass deserves Bytch
Okay, still have to blame someone I see. You state "they" kick your ***. your kinda right It will take more than one! Be carefull what you wish for jealous one. Is this a threat? WOW!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hastings cop cleared in fatal shooting in cemetery (Oct '08) Jan 7 jca 15
Looking for milf or lonely wife Jan 7 wtf 3
catherine hintz Jan 6 garfield 1
State board investigating lawyer's complaint ag... (Feb '09) Dec '14 Iabdull 29
Bbm pins from Hastings Oct '14 Millie 1
Anyone in the Woodbury,MN area know? (Jan '13) May '14 guest 2 3
Father Sentenced After 2-Year-Old Found With Al... (Mar '14) Mar '14 richard 1
Hastings Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hastings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out