Burnsville parents accused of child n...

Burnsville parents accused of child neglect after son found in squalid conditions

There are 169 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 16, 2011, titled Burnsville parents accused of child neglect after son found in squalid conditions. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Burnsville couple faces child neglect allegations after police reportedly found their 7-year-old son locked and barricaded in his bedroom with feces and urine on the floor and walls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Mike

United States

#1 Mar 16, 2011
Wow, what a tradgedy for that poor innocent boy and some of the rest of the family and maybe animals also. We all need to learn from our mistakes and how we sometimes fail in helping and supporting one another. Also, the mother should have known their are alot of good caring people she should have called for help, assistant before things got to this state.

Also, look at how the people of Japan are treating each other with respect for others and property! The U.S.A. needs to improve on welfare for each other and especially those with disabilities, we can't stop looking the other way or say someone else can deal with it, we all are apart of the community and we should be somewhat ashamed by this mess. I pray for healing for the whole family and that they get the professional help they deserve to be better people!!
Kat

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 16, 2011
How could anyone do that to a child!!!!!! God help those children. Only a year, how about life!!!!!!!
bob

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 16, 2011
just a year? really?
disgusted

Rochester, MN

#5 Mar 16, 2011
ONLY A YEAR!!!!
one bad parent may need support and counseling but two bad parents??? come on..........people, they need to be locked up in their own filt and treated the same way.
Kim

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 16, 2011
A year????? Our legal system is unbelievable.
Guilty As Charged

Prior Lake, MN

#7 Mar 16, 2011
Get the rope. Hang em' High.
Zingbopper

Cadott, WI

#8 Mar 16, 2011
" Up to a year in jail "? For this kind of inhumane treatment?
What the hell is wrong with us as a society to allow this kind of crime not to have lengthy prison time?
This is the kind of crime where I would like to exact some vigilantism justice on these two low life vermin.
Not PC

Brainerd, MN

#9 Mar 16, 2011
They both need to be spayed and neutered!
Chucky2a

Chatsworth, GA

#10 Mar 16, 2011
Dakota County residents, please see the story in the Florida news reports concerning the 9 year old girl who was repeatedly raped by someone her parents allowed to sleep in her bedroom, knowing that the man was a convicted sex offender. Read about the other 9 year old girl who died from mistreatment by foster parents, also in Florida. The governmental organizations responsible for protecting these two girls dropped the ball. Please, do not let this happen in your state.
Lizzy

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Mar 16, 2011
As the parent of a severely physically disabled child, it sickens me beyond comprehension that a parent could treat their helpless child so terribly. There is NO excuse for not properly caring for children with disabilities in the state of Minnesota. We are blessed with many, many programs that provide support for families caring for children with disabilities. We have one of the best states to raise a child with a disability. I pray that this boy is placed in a home with loving, caring foster parents and gets the care and love all children deserve.
Unbelievable

West Fargo, ND

#12 Mar 16, 2011
Our court system is unbelievable. My god, if you spank your child, it's the end of the world. But, you can treat them like these poor excuses for parents treated their challenged child and it's a misdemeanor???
Al Bundy

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 16, 2011
Give each of these idiots 20-25 in the big house, general population, and a daily announcement over the prison intercom of what they did.
Things will sort themselves out in prison, they generally do.
dog lover

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 16, 2011
Mike wrote:
Wow, what a tradgedy for that poor innocent boy and some of the rest of the family and maybe animals also. We all need to learn from our mistakes and how we sometimes fail in helping and supporting one another. Also, the mother should have known their are alot of good caring people she should have called for help, assistant before things got to this state.
Also, look at how the people of Japan are treating each other with respect for others and property! The U.S.A. needs to improve on welfare for each other and especially those with disabilities, we can't stop looking the other way or say someone else can deal with it, we all are apart of the community and we should be somewhat ashamed by this mess. I pray for healing for the whole family and that they get the professional help they deserve to be better people!!
I also have noticed how respectful the people of Japan have been. No looting, no complaining of the response time. It is unbelivable how they treat each other.
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Mar 16, 2011
nuts

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Mar 16, 2011
OMFG! a misdemeanor? seriously...they will F>>>> you know what and have another child after their release and history will repeat itself. Stupid law!
MinnesooooOTa

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Mar 16, 2011
I said "oh my God" out loud when I read this story. sickening to hear about it.

I say 1 year in a room with laxatives as their drinks. No bathrooms. Let them feel how it was for the kid but 1 year of it.
Minn

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Mar 16, 2011
No pictures? She likes Minnesota welfare
laughing at you

Stillwater, MN

#19 Mar 16, 2011
Just a year in jail??? SINFUL!!!
Minn

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Mar 16, 2011
The WRONG PARTS ARE DISABLED.....
A Lady in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Mar 16, 2011
What a terrible situation. I feel sorry for the boy that is disabled. I wonder if any of the other children have disabilties? Obviously, mom ran the circus because the husband is declared developmentally disabled -(autism?) He had to be following his wife's lead. I hope those children are placed with loving families and they do not have to endure any more suffering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hastings cave system entrances (May '08) Aug 19 Anonymous 3
News Sheriff: Man Shot Dead In Trailer Park, Juvenil... Aug 7 Parden Pard 6
News Storm blows Rosemount Dairy Queen robbery loot ... (Sep '10) Nov '16 hahahahaha 8
Trump will win, wait and see just watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 sgt Witold Kowal 1
News 2 ID'd In Hastings Apparent Murder-Suicide (Aug '16) Aug '16 Dr Wu 1
How to actually hook up (Jun '16) Jun '16 Serrdog16 3
News In-N-Out Burger: Hastings, MN (Apr '12) Mar '16 Three Days 3 Miles 13

Hastings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hastings Mortgages