Teen faces murder charge in Rosemount...

Teen faces murder charge in Rosemount stabbing

There are 157 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Teen faces murder charge in Rosemount stabbing. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Dakota County prosecutor charged Dakota Cheyenne Butler, 16, in juvenile court with one count of second-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Cody Casey last Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Friend-of-Cody

Mankato, MN

#162 Jul 1, 2008
For those of you who don't even know cody or the situation correctly, keep your mouth shut.
I've known that boy since sixth grade. To watch him struggle through high school and try to make things better for himself, then get murdered, pretty gut wrenching.
I'm not going to say anything bad about Dakota or Cody, because at some point both of them just made bad decisions and it ended horribly.
End of story.
Cody is still in my heart and prayers.
Miss Ya cody :)
confused

Saint Paul, MN

#163 Jul 1, 2008
seriously, NO ONE deserves to die no matter wat u might have done!! and ppl saying that their glad he died just remember KARMAS A BITCH!!! and when u get killed dont expect n e of us to b at ur funeral!!!
confused

Saint Paul, MN

#164 Jul 1, 2008
brett wrote:
<quoted text>
cody sounds like a jackass. im glad he got stabbed. you dont even know dakota or his brothers theyre twice the men cody ever could be.
WTF is wrong with u??!!! why would u DARE say sumthin like that??!! ur karmas gonna b HORRIBLE!!!!! i hope u burn in hell with dakota and his brothers!!! and if u can actually say sumtin like that ur NOT a man!!!
Angry Mom

Farmington, MN

#165 Jul 7, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is wrong with u??!!! why would u DARE say sumthin like that??!! ur karmas gonna b HORRIBLE!!!!! i hope u burn in hell with dakota and his brothers!!! and if u can actually say sumtin like that ur NOT a man!!!
I agree that it was not something that should have been said, but neither is what you wrote!! Dakota is doing his time, and his brothers were not at fault for his actions. It is a long healing process that all of us are going through. We have to take the crap people say and just let it go. Fighting on the internet about this is not going to solve anything!!!
compguy

Saint Paul, MN

#166 Aug 15, 2008
Let this be a life lesson to all you fight hungry people; when you enter a fight, it can easily turn into a life or death situation, I feel bad that this ignorant "Cody" kid had to find out the hard way.
lucky

Machesney Park, IL

#167 Nov 8, 2008
Aaaa wrote:
Sound like the 19 old brother was a coward. He knew that Cody was coming over. He called his brothers and told them to be ready for him. Then he was not there. Hiding if you ask me. Sounds like this whole family of boys are trouble. It's always the quite one's who do the most damage. Like school shootings and other murder plots.
you a jack hole that dont anything and you need to keep your mouth closed people shouldnt be dumd and go to my cuzins house and the 19 year old has a job he was at work and the kid should of never went there with intensinse of fighting he had a weapon on him then pulled it and then my cuzin got a weapon so get your facts straight.....so he should of ran after he hit my cuzin he should of never gave him a chance he could of prevented it him self but no stand around like a thug and ack like a badass he should of left....
cousin of dakota

Scott, AR

#168 Nov 16, 2008
dakota was my cousin. dont talk shit when you dont know the story. "Lucky" i dont know whice one of my cousins you are but its alec just ask your mom she'll tell you who i am. from what i understand areil was with cody, but still talked to malek (the 19 year old) this cody kid didn't like it so he went over to malek's house WITH INTENTION TO FIGHT. Cody carried a sock that was filled with rocks and hid it in his pocket. When he got to the house he asked to talk to malek but malek was at WORK you tards so dont say he was a coward. Cody still wouldnt leave. Dakota and Zack both told im to leave...cody whiped out the sock and started swinging it around...dakota went and got a steak knife...dakota didnt try to hide that he had a knife...and he didnt mean to use it...it was more of a way to try to intimidate cody into leaving....instead cody hit him in the head with the rocks.....and that was all she wrote. cody had his chance to leave. cody saw the knife b4 he decided to fight. he just wasn't as bad ass as he thought. dakota stabed him 6 times. dakota didnt think he killed him...cody got back up and took off on his bike...but he collapesed and bled to death because dakota hit an artery. dakota didnt bring the knife with the intention of killing cody, but cody DID bring the rock with the intention of hitting someone with them so if anyone did the murder ploting it was cody. Dakota got was he deserved, jail time. my only prayers go to zack who was only trying to be a brother. Cody also got what he deserved, and if he didn't like it well...he should have swung harder don't you think? that way we could be bashing cody instead of dakota for smashing my cousins head in right? funny how people alwasy take the dead kids side. just remember theres a reason he's dead. karma's a bitch, but cause and effect are the truth.
Danny Johnson

Mankato, MN

#169 Mar 13, 2009
Cody Davis Casey is The Best person I knew, He would be so pissed if he knew he was on this web site,with you punk swine having is name come out of your mouth.You People are sick,Get some lives R.I.P C.D.C today we lost you a year ago,to
many damn days in my book brother.Football season will continue, but there will be no more games.
Evan

Afton, VA

#170 May 25, 2009
R.I.P.
Codyson
resident

Lakeville, MN

#171 May 28, 2009
I wonder if the brother didn't murder him. And Dakota took the blame. I "knew dakota" he was a nice person.
Rosemount Mother of a seinor of Rosemount high class 09 who is going to be at his graduation.
RHS Grad

Lakeville, MN

#172 Jul 11, 2009
This is the most delayed posting there is, but there are times when I can't help but picture Dakota and Casey in my mind. Dakota is the first person I met when I moved to Rosemount and I thought of him as a big brother. Casey I had only just met two days prior and I vowed to become friends with a guy who was so funny and kind. To come to school the next day and hear the news ripped me apart. I couldn't imagine either boy doing what they did. And even though it's been over a year. I still can't get over it.
Jamie

Saint Paul, MN

#173 Sep 25, 2009
Mad Jack wrote:
I think Lakota has learned his lesson. It's time to let him go.
YOUR F-ING STUPIDD!!!!! HE KILLED SOMEONE! HOW INCREDIBLY IGNORANT ARE YOU? YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE RETARDS NAME IT'S DAKOTA BITCH! F U!
Jamie

Saint Paul, MN

#174 Sep 25, 2009
lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
you a jack hole that dont anything and you need to keep your mouth closed people shouldnt be dumd and go to my cuzins house and the 19 year old has a job he was at work and the kid should of never went there with intensinse of fighting he had a weapon on him then pulled it and then my cuzin got a weapon so get your facts straight.....so he should of ran after he hit my cuzin he should of never gave him a chance he could of prevented it him self but no stand around like a thug and ack like a badass he should of left....
You dont even know the situation, you didnt know Cody, and who knows if you even know Dakota. you got some nerve thats all i got to say, on the real. Cody was one of the best people I have ever met in my life, and now he's gone. I have seen Dakota's attitude on fighting and he thinks he's hot shit and that he's big and he needed some way to feed his ego. in all reality Cody only brought the rocks for protection. Dakota should of made the right descion and forget about his pride for five minutes and Cody would of been gone. All he had to do was close the door. I think Dakota should be locked up for the rest of his life. Does Cody get a second chance at life? No, he's six feet under. And all i got is his face on the gravestone. He was only 17. 17! thats not right. R.I.P. CODY DAVIS CASEY. I LOVE YOU<3

Since: Sep 09

Saint Paul, MN

#175 Sep 25, 2009
Dirtbags.
Ruth

Eau Claire, WI

#177 Nov 2, 2010
Mad Jack wrote:
I think Lakota has learned his lesson. It's time to let him go.
What the Hell are you talking about!? He stabbed Cody multiple times, it's not like the knife just slipped and oops! Cody's family will never get him back, his friends will never see him again, and you think Dakota just "learned his lesson?" Maaybe when someone you know is murdered, you will see things a bit differently.
Sukit

Saint Paul, MN

#178 Jun 4, 2011
Mad Jack wrote:
Don't they teach how and when to use capital letters at Rosemount?
Blow me
Anonymous

United States

#179 Jun 5, 2011
SCHOOL OF DISCIPLINE. PUBLIC SCHOOLS PROVIDE HIGH PRICED WORTHLESS HIGH DEGREED PEOPLE TO WORK OUT KIDS BEHAVIOR ISSUES. FROM THE ASSISTANT PRINCIPALS GUIDANCE COUNSELORS DEAN OF STUDENTS SOCIAL WORKERS SChool psychologists the list goes on.They do nothing and get paid big bucks while the 13 dollar an hour campus security person is left to deal with the dangerous behavior. Our public schools suck not because of the teachers but greedy admin and district greed mongers and a politically motivated board of education
thanks for the layers of school administrators who do not tackle behavior issues

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Storm blows Rosemount Dairy Queen robbery loot ... (Sep '10) Oct 26 Cazer Int 9
News Sheriff: Man Shot Dead In Trailer Park, Juvenil... Sep '17 Aprillee1982 10
hastings cave system entrances (May '08) Aug '17 Anonymous 3
Trump will win, wait and see just watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 sgt Witold Kowal 1
News 2 ID'd In Hastings Apparent Murder-Suicide (Aug '16) Aug '16 Dr Wu 1
How to actually hook up (Jun '16) Jun '16 Serrdog16 3
News In-N-Out Burger: Hastings, MN (Apr '12) Mar '16 Three Days 3 Miles 13

Hastings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hastings Mortgages