Hastings police to auction 1969 Ford ...

Hastings police to auction 1969 Ford Mustang after forfeiture

There are 35 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 5, 2011, titled Hastings police to auction 1969 Ford Mustang after forfeiture. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Public auctions have become a popular way for police departments to unload their seized and recovered property - mostly oodles of bikes, tools and electronics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NUTSTOU

Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 5, 2011
If the guy took parts off the car, after it was returned to him, pending his court challenge, why is he not now charged with Grand Theft Auto?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 May 5, 2011
Disgusting that the government is allowed to take your posessions that were legally purchased.
Gabe

Albertville, MN

#3 May 5, 2011
Former Ranger wrote:
Disgusting that the government is allowed to take your posessions that were legally purchased.
Disgusting that somebody would drive drunk enough times, and get caught driving drunk enough times to allow the government to take their legally purchased car. They don't take it the first time you're arrested and convicted. Thankfully they don't have to wait until the person kills somebody either.
tom

Owatonna, MN

#4 May 5, 2011
Our government has WAY WAY WAY to much power and reach......We need to stop this now or we all will be slaves...
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

#5 May 5, 2011
It says he was charged with a misdemeanor of refusing the test. It doesn't say he was convicted of a DUI. Their reach is getting longer all the time. Forfeitures are now considered a reliable source of revenue for the local PD's.
Bullitt

Plymouth, MN

#6 May 5, 2011
My parents bought a new 1969 Mustang fastback when I was a little kid. I remember sitting on the half-folded back seat WITHOUT a car seat and WITHOUT a seat belt.
ron burgandy

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 5, 2011
Advice wrote:
The police like your stuff. They take your stuff. They make more than 100k a year, including overtime. The retire with full benefits and pension after 20 years. They are untouchable, above the law, and below the scum they are supposed to arrest. Welcome to the machine.
Google Police Officer Salary in MN. Around 45,000. Overtime doesnt exist in this recession. The police arent driving the mustang, It is being auctioned to go into a general fund for the city of which the Police Dept. likely wont get any of. You are likely the scum blaming your pitiful life on the "machine". Why dont you stop making up bull on the computer and do something to improve your lot in life.
Caveat Emptor

Minneapolis, MN

#9 May 5, 2011
Might want to plan on flushing out the fuel tank, and doing the same for oil and tranny fluid. Check brakes and brake lines, bleed the brakes, check steering system. Or just look for another car.
the cleaner

Le Center, MN

#11 May 5, 2011
dwi forfeitures to the gov't are bullsh** and should not be allowed!
Corrupt Machine

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 5, 2011
Advice wrote:
ron burgandy, your lies and facism won't last long. This is all public information.
Take note from this story, for example: http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/...
"Although specifics were not disclosed in the suit, records obtained by the Star Tribune say Smith got $65,865 in overtime pay in 2010, atop his regular pay of $98,444. His total pay was $15,000 more than Dolan's.
King had $65,170 in overtime pay and total compensation of $152,016 last year. Smith and King were the two highest-paid officers on a 2009 list of department employees. Dolan was third."
Minneapolis has police officers that make more than the Chief and when you count overtime salaries over 100k is the norm.
What we got going is Government is in total control of what they do, and what we do.

I.E. Government is a monopoly AND they control the courts, prisons, treatment, and all other stuff.

The "Fox" IS guarding the chicken coop.

A much more effective way to reduce DWI is to have license plates stay with the owners of vehicles. Other states to that to reduce drunks access to licensed vehicles.

BUT that kind of change to law won't bring any revenue to local PDs.

Police much like schools are being "managed" by members of their profession NOT real mangers.
Advice

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 5, 2011
And for people that are not living in a world where they are above the law and facts don't mean a thing,here is a great public salary tool.

http://extra.twincities.com/car/salaries/defa...

Just pick a city,pick a year, enter "police" in the search box, and hit enter.

Hundreds upon hundreds of Mn police making almost 6 figures before overtime.

Here's a little example:

Mpls 2009 KENNETH T BARIBEAU PARK BOARD POLICE LIEUTENANT PARKS-P $85,000
Mpls 2009 JOSEPH R MC GINNESS PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $83,604
Mpls 2009 SAM XIONG PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $83,390
Mpls 2009 JASON R OHOTTO PARK BOARD POLICE SERGEANT PARKS-P $81,529
Mpls 2009 THOMAS R RYAN PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $81,081
Mpls 2009 STEVEN E PAASCH PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $80,454
Mpls 2009 ADAM J SWIERCZEK PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $79,732
MPLS 2009 ROBIN K JONES EMERGENCY SERVICES 911 POLICE-FIRE DISPATCHER-C $78,878
Mpls 2009 CHAD ROBERT BERDAHL PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $77,703
Mpls 2009 DANIEL B GROUT PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $75,968
Mpls 2009 KEITH N ROWLAND PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $75,183
Mpls 2009 BASIL METOXEN JR PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $74,302
Mpls 2009 JEFFREY A JOHNSON PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $74,189
Mpls 2009 JOHN J LENART PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $73,488
Mpls 2009 JOHN D ABRAHAM PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $72,903
Mpls 2009 MATTHEW R GEORGE PARK BOARD POLICE OFFICER PARKS-P $72,560
the cleaner

Le Center, MN

#15 May 5, 2011
ron burgandy wrote:
<quoted text>
Google Police Officer Salary in MN. Around 45,000. Overtime doesnt exist in this recession. The police arent driving the mustang, It is being auctioned to go into a general fund for the city of which the Police Dept. likely wont get any of. You are likely the scum blaming your pitiful life on the "machine". Why dont you stop making up bull on the computer and do something to improve your lot in life.
The average officer salary in Hastings is more like $65,000/yr. Pretty dam good pay if you ask me.
Doublespeak

Denver, CO

#16 May 5, 2011
Why don't they call it what it is, a confiscation, not a "forfeiture". Pretty sure there wasn't any forfeiting involved.
Keep it Simple

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 5, 2011
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a cop showing up!!!!!!!!** pig!!!! Cops all live in big houses on best side of town.....So they make more then 45k...There wages may not be why but they do take alot of drugs illegally from people and maybe they sell it...
I had a Cop living next to me on the east side for years. I very much doubt that he made over 100k a year. By the way, he will never have the chance to retire. It's people like you that cause the problems then whine when you get caught.
Advice

Saint Paul, MN

#18 May 5, 2011
"I had a Cop living next to me on the east side for years. I very much doubt that he made over 100k a year"

Drive around Lake Phalen on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Notice the police cruisers parked next to the big houses? How much do you have to make a year in order to afford living on Lake Phalen? Also use the search I provided and search Saint Paul, or are you afraid of facts?

I'm not a law breaker and I have a great job. I'm just a concerned citizen that's had enough of the gov't tyranny and I've backed up everything I've said with facts. Liberty is something you will never understand.
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#19 May 5, 2011
I hope the guy can buy this back at a reasonable price. Only he knows what he did to it so I wouldn't bid much for it.
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#20 May 5, 2011
Every drinker shoud remember this and keep a beater for any drinking and driving they might do.
Just Saying

Saint Paul, MN

#21 May 5, 2011
the cleaner wrote:
dwi forfeitures to the gov't are bullsh** and should not be allowed!
They are also 100% preventable. If you're not interested in losing your car over a DWI, don't drive while under the influence. Problem solved.
Really

Saint Paul, MN

#22 May 5, 2011
Seems like a lot of Bob Zick supporters on the board....
billy martin

Anoka, MN

#23 May 5, 2011
Party Party Party Party Party PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
catherine hintz (Jan '15) Aug 26 Sam 2
News Hastings cop cleared in fatal shooting in cemetery (Oct '08) Jul '15 Boiling Pointer 16
News Burnsville troop leader charged with molesting ... (Oct '09) Jul '15 Chas 174
News Minnesota's medicinal pot growers nearly ready ... May '15 cowboy chris 1
New Business/ Oberg Auto Repair (May '09) Mar '15 tammys son 14
kelsie otto likes to screw married men. (Feb '15) Feb '15 mpwv 1
Looking for milf or lonely wife (Dec '14) Jan '15 wtf 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hastings Mortgages