Mom-and-pop coffee shop forced out of downtown spot

Full story: Pioneer Press
For many years , flavored lattes, gourmet teas and thick deli sandwiches have drawn dedicated customers to Professor Java's coffeehouse in downtown Hastings. Read more
JTC

Willmar, MN

#1 Jan 20, 2006
Starbucks...Caribou...Dunn Bros... Not one of these can ever dream of being on the same playing field as Professor Java's. Coffee shops shouldn't feel like a McDonald's...different street address, same floorplan, menu, personnel. Java's feels like a genuine, original coffee shop. It is warm, funky, and welcoming. It's not yuppy-ish...which is the best part. And, the menu is the best. Sadly, I know Mr. Bob B. He was once my landlord. I truly hope Professor Java's finds another home downtown. Downtown Hastings would truly suffer without it...and all the unique and intriguing people who work and eat there. And I hope Mr. B. one day realizes his folly in making them leave.
unbelieveable

Netherlands

#2 Mar 18, 2006
That's just terrible. Prof Java's has some of the best coffee I've ever tasted in the world! Unbleiveable jerk who forces them out! We've become a society that is so concerned with the dollar value, we are loosing our idenity. These people are the sort of people to drive coffee up to a client that lives thirty miles away!
raven b

Cicero, IL

#3 Mar 18, 2006
UNREAL,I MOVED TO HASTINGS MN 5 YEARS AGO AND PROF JAVAS WAS THE FIRST PLACE THAT I HIT.I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS LIL COFFEE SHOP.I VISITED THERE EVERY CHANCE THAT I COULD TO SIT AND CHAT WITH FRIENDS.AND EAT AND DRINK THEIR AWSOME SELECTION OF COFFEES,TEAS AND FOODS THAT THEY HAD ON THE MENU.AND NOT SAYING HOW AWSOME THE OWNERS OF THE SHOP WERE AND THEIR WORKERS I FELT VERY WELCOMED THERE EVERYTIME I ENTERED THE BUILDING.ITS A CRYING SHAME THAT A UNKIND MAN WOULD DO THIS TO SUCH GOOD PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY. TO THE OWNER OF THE BUILDING THATS PUTTING THEM OUT JUST REMEMBER THAT KARMA WILL COME BACK AND BITE YOU IN THE ASS....I LOVE AND WILL MISS EACH OF YOU AT PROFESSER JAVAS
Neraye

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2012
I was a frequent patron of Professor Java's. My regular order was a 20oz chocolate amaretto cappucino, which I can't get anywhere else. I knew the owners and the landlord. Saddly the landlord should have remembered what it was like for him when Walmart forced his shop to close. Oddly enough, he rented the place out to another small coffee shop. Either way, good times will always be remembered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Business/ Oberg Auto Repair (May '09) Mar 18 tammys son 14
kelsie otto likes to screw married men. Feb '15 mpwv 1
News Hastings cop cleared in fatal shooting in cemetery (Oct '08) Jan '15 jca 15
Looking for milf or lonely wife Jan '15 wtf 3
catherine hintz Jan '15 garfield 1
News State board investigating lawyer's complaint ag... (Feb '09) Dec '14 Iabdull 29
Bbm pins from Hastings Oct '14 Millie 1
Hastings Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hastings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]