Dakota County / Teenager charged in fatal crash

At 21, Rebecca Yacob was already a budding world traveler, and her bags were packed for yet another dream trip. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
lover not a fighter

Saint Paul, MN

#104 Oct 29, 2007
haghahahahahahahahahaahahahaha hahah i love you hahahah
lover not a fighter

Saint Paul, MN

#105 Oct 29, 2007
by the way thart was to " really disgusted" on his i bl;ame you to logans cousin
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#107 Feb 1, 2008
courtney, why are you trying to take blame off yourself by saying you all yelled at him to stop...why did anyone allow him to start driving. take responsibility for not planning a sober driver at the beginning of the night. Logan has called me from jail and is very unremorseful so there is nothing anyone can do for him, remorse has to come from within it cannot be taught or pushed upon someone. i feel bad for him, not because he is in jail, but because that is his biggest concern. it isnt taking the life of someone else...people do make mistakes but when the mistakes are all said and done...then comes the learning part...he isnt doing that. My heart goes out to Rebecca and her family. i am so sorry for your loss. i cant even imagine the pain you are going through...im terribly sorry. RIP
Love and Positivity

Champlin, MN

#108 Feb 1, 2008
The last week of Rebecca's life was interesting. She was getting ready to study abroad in Italy and she worked so hard to pull it all off. For those who never met her she had this immense beauty that radiated from within. She was amazing because her spirit was always positive. She wanted the best for everyone. She would make sure everyone else would eat before her. She made sure everyone around her were in high spirits at all times. She gave wonderful advice. I noticed a big change in her the last week of her life. She was so anxious and jittery. She was almost in a panic. She had to see everybody important to her before her trip. She made sure she spent time with the people she was able to access. When she saw a loved one in NY for the last time, she told me she cried and cried because she had a very strong feeling that she would never see him again. When we were sitting in a restaurant the Wednesday before she past, she hugged me tight and didn't let go for 10 minutes, pressing her head into my arm. It was sweet but I didn't feel like that would be one of the last hugs I would ever give my dear friend. I felt like God was giving her signs that she was about to pass on. Certain conversations that took place, and her urgency to see everyone led me to believe these were signs from above. Luggage packed and ready to go, she was just trying to spend her last moments with her parents. When leaving her friend's place going home she took a different route home. If you knew Becca then you know someone as special and good-hearted as her is an angel waiting to go back to Heaven. God recognized Logan's problems. God needed his angel back. He put the two of them together to teach Logan a lesson. A troubled kid who ignored the depths of his depression and addiction and Rebecca collided that fateful night. As much as her family is hurting from the loss of such love, beauty and grace comes an angel who is with them at all times, protecting them better then she could in her human form. Logan has been given chances but destruction upon destruction comes a situation like this. 50 months plus two years is the price that Logan has to pay and I pray he uses that time wisely and realizes his full potential as a human being. In spirit of Rebecca let us remain positive. The only thing that can become of this is a big lesson learned. If you drink and are thinking about making that choice to drive, don't. If you could potentially stop a person from making the choice of drinking and driving, then do it. One big fundamental of human life that many people tend to ignore is that choice brings consequence. Actions that one may deem as harmless may have a consequence of the magnitude of this case. So please, no excuse. You have the power of your mind. As easy as it is to point a finger, it takes maturity to look within. God Bless all in pain from this tragedy.
Love and Positivity

Champlin, MN

#109 Feb 1, 2008
The last week of Rebecca's life was interesting. She was getting ready to study abroad in Italy and she worked so hard to pull it all off. For those who never met her she had this immense beauty that radiated from within. She was amazing because her spirit was always positive. She wanted the best for everyone. She would make sure everyone else would eat before her. She made sure everyone around her were in high spirits at all times. She gave wonderful advice. I noticed a big change in her the last week of her life. She was so anxious and jittery. She was almost in a panic. She had to see everybody important to her before her trip. She made sure she spent time with the people she was able to access. When she saw a loved one in NY for the last time, she told me she cried and cried because she had a very strong feeling that she would never see him again. When we were sitting in a restaurant the Wednesday before she past, she hugged me tight and didn't let go for 10 minutes, pressing her head into my arm. It was sweet but I didn't feel like that would be one of the last hugs I would ever give my dear friend. I felt like God was giving her signs that she was about to pass on. Certain conversations that took place, and her urgency to see everyone led me to believe these were signs from above. Luggage packed and ready to go, she was just trying to spend her last moments with her parents. When leaving her friend's place going home she took a different route home. Little did we know that she was preparing for a trip of a different kind. If you knew Becca then you know someone as special and good-hearted as her is an angel waiting to go back to Heaven. God recognized Logan's problems. God needed his angel back. He put the two of them together to teach Logan a lesson. A troubled kid who ignored the depths of his depression and addiction and Rebecca collided that fateful night. As much as her family is hurting from the loss of such love, beauty and grace comes an angel who is with them at all times, protecting them better then she could in her human form. Logan has been given chances but destruction upon destruction comes a situation like this. 50 months plus two years is the price that Logan has to pay and I pray he uses that time wisely and realizes his full potential as a human being. In spirit of Rebecca let us remain positive. The only thing that can become of this is a big lesson learned. If you drink and are thinking about making that choice to drive, don't. If you could potentially stop a person from making the choice of drinking and driving, then do it. One big fundamental of human life that many people tend to ignore is that choice brings consequence. Actions that one may deem as harmless may have a consequence of the magnitude of this case. So please, no excuse. You have the power of your mind. As easy as it is to point a finger, it takes maturity to look within. God Bless all in pain from this tragedy.

Since: Feb 08

Minneapolis, MN

#110 Feb 2, 2008
4 years?? 400 years wouldn't be enough. Dude is a sociopath. No moral code. At least tell me they will never let him drive again? Nahhh-that would be way too righteous and creative. For everyone involved in this sad case I hope you remember one thing-THE CHOICES WE MAKE MATTER! To anyone reading this thread please realize that the choices we make daily do affect not only our own lives, but those of our family, friends and even sometimes people we have never met. And Rebecca was clearly a person these kids would never have met because she was living a real LIFE. Not playing aren't we cool we can drink and do crap to people and laugh-HAHAHAHA. My hope is that Rebecca's family can heal a little more with this verdict and that the others involved can maybe realize that life is too precious to be wasted on being wasted. If it were my daughter I do not know if I could go on. I hope I never have to know........
the sober cab

Maple Grove, MN

#111 Feb 14, 2008
i live in hastings and to be honest there is at least 1-2 bars on every street it seems it's a scary thing. i've had close friends killed or almost killed by intoxicated drivers the reason i say that and not drunk is because some were not "drunk" but high many tried to come back and try to say sorry still totally wasted first of all if you noticed mr i could give 2 sh*ts and a f**k about anyone but himself was driving a truck a big vehicle i have yet to see someone driving drunk in a ford fesiva or geo it's always a truck or suv of some sort. note to the careless if you're going to drive drunk drive a geo or fesiva bet you wont get behind the wheel then huh genius. in most other countries if you get 1 yes all you genius' that think you drive better that way if you get 1 DUI or DWI you will NEVER EVER get you license back EVER not even in 50 years i think that should happen here as well. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH "THE TRUTH" LIFE IS A SERISE OF CHOICES GOOGD AND BAD. I also believe in karma and that it comes back to you 4 fold so for brainiac here who killed an innocent bystander this is just the beginning of that karma i hope you did some saintly work before couse life is gunna blow otherwise and the way i see you've been you're gunna need be hurtin.
one year

Minneapolis, MN

#112 Mar 3, 2008
It has been over a year now that Rebecca's life was taken from her. She was the most unbelievable person I have ever met. She had so much potential and so much to offer the world. She was the closest thing to an "angel".
It hurts me so much to look at the mug shot of the bastard that murdered her. I can't believe he was actually smiling. He knew what he was doing, and he should pay accordingly. Trash like that belongs in a cage.
Nothing will ever bring back Rebecca. She now lives in our memories. My thoughts go out to the Yacob family.
A former accqauintance

United States

#113 Mar 30, 2008
I just wanted to say first and foremost to Becca's family how sorry Iam for your loss and I know how hard it is to hear people say they are sorry because there is nothing they can do to bring back what has been lost. I knew Becca from a former boyfriend of mine, Becca was his sisters best friend at the time so she was over at their house alot. Becca was a very sweet and polite girl who was beautiful and not conceded. I know she was very close with her sister Leeya and I just want say how awful I feel for your loss...I know you guys were very close in age and I just know your life has been ripped apart because of this tragic loss. I know Becca is in a better place and she is with God and she is watching over you and your family...She has been with you through this whole ordeal and she always will be. I think its sad that the people involved have used this post as a tool for the blame game. You are all at fault...these things happen for a reason...God has a plan but you have to make the choice to either try and live according to that plan or keep on the downward spiral...This post should be used to share wonderful memories of Becca and to reach out to her friends and family and be there for eachother...the way Becca would have wanted...God Bless Becca's family She was a beautiful flame that death blew out to soon.
anonymous

AOL

#114 Jul 10, 2008
There are so many things about this situation that are so wrong. I know family members feel the need to defend and make excuses for the actions of loved ones.

Yes, parents are responsible for the character of their children. They are the ones that set the examples for which their child live their lives.

As for other family members, if you saw trouble with Logan why didn't anyone step in. Where was the intervention? Obviously his parents weren't capible of seeing it. Parents who drink and smoke pot with their own kids should not be surprised when their children end up in jail.
samantha

Burnsville, MN

#115 Nov 1, 2008
annonymous wrote:
You have to be absolutely out of your mind if you honestly think that we are not effected by this just as much as everyone else. if not more because we were the ones that caused it. but just so you i dont walk around school all day ranting and raving about the accident or talking about how my scar is healing or my bruised legs. its actually quite the opposite. i stayed home from work, school, and my friends and cried for two weeks. the only one i wanted to talk to on the phone was my friend, the other passenger. yeah we made a mistake by letting or trusting logan to drink and drive but you cant honestly say that you have never done that yourself. how was i supposed to know that logan is an idiodic psycho who thinks he has control over everyone and everything around him. trust me i know now. i yelled, screamed, and begged for him to stop. but what did he do? not a damn thing. this whole even has changed my life so much. it still doesnt even seem real to me. we were all planning on attending rebeccas funeral but we didnt find out when it was until the day of, and my dad did go.. but rebeccas family member told him it wasnt neccessary to come pick me up from school. i wrote her family a sympathy letter which i know doesnt mean anything. but what else am i suppose to do? i fell horrible for this.. but if it was me behind the wheel (which i wouldnt have been if i was intoxicated anyway) then this would have never happened. i tried my best to prevent it while it was happening. so no i dont believe that the dumb teenagers that were in the truck or just as much responsible for this than logan.
----why would you say so many mean things about logan. i would like to say to the people in the car you could of put that car in park and taken the stupid keys from him its not that hard i have done that to friends hundreds of times. you could of called the police there was so many things you could have done and its stupid of you to talk crap about logan when you did nothing to stop him all drunk guys think they can do whatever they want (thats how every drunk guy is in one way or another) i dont buy the crap you say at all. karma will get you too. atleast he pled guilty and took what he had coming not lying to himself like the rest of the people in that car.
unknown

Burnsville, MN

#116 Nov 1, 2008
Tim Henchal wrote:
if i ever see Logan im going to stick my foot UP HIS ASS o and logan loves meth tell his mom that and she will say its a lie but its true the kid is a crack head
---Tim how can you say that!! If you dont like logan thats fine but you and I both know his mother is a really nice lady and you should still respect her.
Logans Cousin

Minneapolis, MN

#117 Nov 26, 2008
Pleas respect my Aunt Tim, Oh and get over yourself.
Two Years

Saint Paul, MN

#118 Jan 27, 2009
Many people still haven't forgotten the beauty of Rebecca Yacob. You are still so very missed!!!!!! I think of you everyday, and I hope your family is coming along fine. Rest in Peace dear, we will remember you ALWAYS
CBJ- Passenger

Burnsville, MN

#119 Feb 16, 2009
It has been just over two years since the horrible day that changed my life forever. Not a day goes by that i don't mourn the sadness of that night. I think about it, and i beat myself up over what i could have done to change or stop it and it hurts me every day when i think about how i was involved with this. I wasn't a happy person before all this, and the guilt and shame i have felt since it happened have made it very hard to move forward. I am sorry, from the depths of my soul, that Rebecca is gone. I am sorry that her poor family has to face this reality every day they don't get to hear her voice or feel her positive radiance. I know it's been two years since it happened, but my soul still hurts every single day because of this. How do i make it right, i constantly ponder...I don't know how you make something like this right. It's such a difficult thing to grasp. I wonder if i will ever be forgiven, or if i will ever be able to forgive myself.
My mother and father are both alcoholics, and I can't say it's easy to turn the other cheek growing up around it. You either do the opposite or you become jsut like them. I guess i chose to follow in their footsteps...take the easy road out of feeling sad all the time. Look where it got me, when i was just an 18 year old girl at the time...talk about a sign from above... I have seen the destruction alcohol has caused my parents...and i felt the horrible nature of the negative effects it has on people. Drinking and driving is one thing, but for those of you with an alcohol problem that think it's okay just because your not out driving...get help...before your like logan sitting in prison constantly reminded of what happens when you don't deal with your depression properly.
Logan isn't a bad person. I was once in love with the man, and he was the only person that ever validated my emotions. The only one to ever really give me the nurture i had so badly wanted all my life. I am so upset that Rebecca's life had to be cut short due to Logan, myself and the other two passenger's lack of self control. It's a shame and it hurts all of us. The fact here is that Logan doesn't want to feel because the guilt of taking an innocent life, the guilt of hurting someone whom was so loved and so loving towards the world is a very strong form of guilt. He's not a sociopath and he does care about what he's done, he's just such a sad young man in so many ways just looking for a way out of how he feels. It's a hard to forgive when something this horrible happens to someone so great---especially when the people that caused this destruction were as misguided as we were.
CBJ- Passenger

Burnsville, MN

#120 Feb 16, 2009
Continued..

My cousin, a 17 year old honor roll student was killed just 2 weeks ago by a drunk driver. He was an amazing young man who was so talented, sweet, and caring. It is so hard that we lost him. When i heard the news the first thing i did was drop to the floor and ball my eyes out, and all i could think was that i was feeling what her family felt that day. Maybe not exactly the same, but i now knew a fraction of terror. I've now seen drunk driving from every side. For those that are considering drinking and driving---let this be a reminder to you. It's like loading a gun and pulling the trigger.
And for those of you that are Rebecca's survivors--i know how hard it is to forgive the person responsible for taking away your loved one, but coming from someone who is now mourning the death of her baby cousin--who was killed by a drunk driver--let your heart forgive. I do not hate the young man responsible for taking my cousin's life, i pray for him and his family, because i know how much guilt and pain they are most likely facing due to this. My family is crushed, i am crushed and i'm sure those that are on the other side of this story are also so very crushed.
Love and Positivity--thanks for your post, it truly helps to hear somebody say something like what you said.
I am sorry to Rebeccas family.. i think about you guys all the time...and i think about rebecca all the time and how much i wish to be like her.
The story of her life is my inspiration for staying strong, and working hard in life...and living a healthy life...
I hope all of you are doing okay.
Fyi

Lakeville, MN

#121 Feb 4, 2012
jade wrote:
I had a couple friends involved in the crash. They were the car behind Rebecca Yacob and were witness to the crash and the ambulance taking her away. Their lives, Rebecca's family and friends will never be the same now, because some loser decided to get drunk and drive his friends home.
He should be facing a lot more than 10 years... As soon as you get behind the wheel of that car after drinking, you hold in your hands your own mortality and the mortality of those around you. You know it's wrong, you know you could kill people and yourself, but you just don't care... Why is this not murder?
My heart goes out to Rebecca Yacob's friends and family; I know what it's like to lose someone you love to a drunk driver. It's a hurt that never fully goes away, only gets easier to bear in time. May god welcome Rebecca and keep her safe.
He is already out. He was young and stupid. People make mistakes, this was a horrible one. Very sad but you can't hold hate in your heart. It's not good for you.
pressbraker

United States

#122 Jun 24, 2014
Minders wrote:
I really hope he realizes what he did to that girl and when he gets out of prison he really speaks to other kids about the dangers of Drinking and Driving
so i work with this logan in lakeville and i am shocked. But he obviously hasnt learned his lesson when all he talks about on a friday is going out and getting wasted soon... so sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kelsie otto likes to screw married men. Feb 12 mpwv 1
Hastings cop cleared in fatal shooting in cemetery (Oct '08) Jan '15 jca 15
Looking for milf or lonely wife Jan '15 wtf 3
catherine hintz Jan '15 garfield 1
State board investigating lawyer's complaint ag... (Feb '09) Dec '14 Iabdull 29
Bbm pins from Hastings Oct '14 Millie 1
Anyone in the Woodbury,MN area know? (Jan '13) May '14 guest 2 3
Hastings Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web