Shelter for Battered Women Closes

There are 10 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 1, 2011, titled Shelter for Battered Women Closes. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A Dakota County shelter for battered women was forced to close last night due to the state shutdown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Move on

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 2, 2011
The non-profit churches or pvt donations should be footing the bill for this kind of stuff, not the state.
How does a program like this a benefit the majority of Mn taxpayers?
Helper

Park Forest, IL

#3 Jul 2, 2011
You can thank Mark Dayton for this. Let him know how you feel:

http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/index.... .
Capt Crunch

Tempe, AZ

#4 Jul 2, 2011
Recall, anyone?
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#5 Jul 3, 2011
Move on wrote:
The non-profit churches or pvt donations should be footing the bill for this kind of stuff, not the state.
How does a program like this a benefit the majority of Mn taxpayers?
Since when does a program have to benefit the majority of the taxpayers?? Would you have the state stop programs that help disabled children--how does that benefit the majority of taxpayers?? There are numerous programs like the two mentioned above that don't benefit the majority of taxpayers but there is such a thing called being humane, compassionate, and considerations for others. Only in a "ME" world does every program have to benefit the taxpayers and whoever other than yourself says they have to.....

Since: Nov 10

st.paul

#6 Jul 3, 2011
Awwww crap wheres my wife supposed to go now.?
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#7 Jul 4, 2011
It is a pretty good indicator of where this country is going when it is more important to open a zoo so people can look at animals versus closing shelters for battered women. It's a sad state of affairs..............
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#8 Jul 4, 2011
TUBB29 wrote:
Awwww crap wheres my wife supposed to go now.?
Tell her to go to the zoo..........
Not as Delusional as You

Burnsville, MN

#9 Jul 4, 2011
Robbie wrote:
It is a pretty good indicator of where this country is going when it is more important to open a zoo so people can look at animals versus closing shelters for battered women. It's a sad state of affairs..........
I am all for the state shutdown to keep Dayton from raising additioanal revenue to grow the budget more. That said, I have donated money, needed items, and my time to the Lewis house, and I will offer more help this summer. It's not about helping the battered women for me as much as trying to break the cycle by giving the children support.
Move on

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 4, 2011
Dat Tru wrote:
Explain this: the schools need millions of dollars more every year for self-esteem and anti-bullying programs. Then, when the little students grow up we need millions more to protect those with no self-esteem from the bullys they live, hook-up, and breed with. Where does it end?
They are no longer schools, they are mental development daycare centers.
Arch on Larch

Andover, MN

#12 Jul 4, 2011
Maybe it is time for the pimps to start picking up the cost of getting their "Girls " to behave.

With Minneapolis and Saint Paul being sanctuary cities, Maybe the city government can at least protect the 13 year olds. How about it Ryback and commissar coleman ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hastings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota's medicinal pot growers nearly ready ... 11 hr Unknown Male 2
New Business/ Oberg Auto Repair (May '09) Mar '15 tammys son 14
kelsie otto likes to screw married men. Feb '15 mpwv 1
News Hastings cop cleared in fatal shooting in cemetery (Oct '08) Jan '15 jca 15
Looking for milf or lonely wife Jan '15 wtf 3
catherine hintz Jan '15 garfield 1
News State board investigating lawyer's complaint ag... (Feb '09) Dec '14 Iabdull 29
More from around the web

Hastings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]