Pennock Hospital urged to keep expansion in Hastings

Jun 16, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Grand Rapids Press

By Erin Albanese HASTINGS -- A city park is ideal for a new Pennock Hospital medical complex, Downtown Development Authority members said Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

We think that every option to keep Pennock Hospital located in Hastings should be investigated. Through the many years of it's existence the major proportion of Pennock Hospital's support has originated in Hastings. The artist's conception of what Pennock would like if it expanded to the west were very interesting. I hope the Pennock Board will listen to what people in the community are thinking and saying.
Sadie

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

Working at Spectrum Health (aka Butterworth Hospital) for 12 years and seeing too many medical mixups and incorrect diagnosis come from of Pennock - I would drive the 25-30 minutes to Bronson/Borgess in Kzoo or Metropolitan/Spectrum in GR doing CPR on anyone of my loved ones before going to Pennock for any health care. They are just a glorified bandaid station. VERY VERY nice people there, but medicine is medicine.
John

Ada, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2008

I doubt the veracity of the post denegrating the level of medical care at Pennock hospital. According to her statement half the people who ever lived in Barry County should be dead or severely handicapped. I agree that the Pennock Board should seriously consider expanding their Hastings site as Mr. Brown suggested.With a push for a new fire station and a new jail the medical community should keep their plans as down to earth and reasonable as possible.
Jillene

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

If someone can find a place in Hastings that is NOT in the FLOOD plain, it might be considered.
So far, all options are on those flood plains. Think about it, only a mile and a half from the hospital now, would it be to the new site.
MILES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

PENNOCK HOSPITAL CITED FOR EMTALA VIOLATION.LOSE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE WITH MEDICARE EFFECTIVE 11/15/2008.
Pennock Employees

Hastings, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Sadie wrote:
Working at Spectrum Health (aka Butterworth Hospital) for 12 years and seeing too many medical mixups and incorrect diagnosis come from of Pennock - I would drive the 25-30 minutes to Bronson/Borgess in Kzoo or Metropolitan/Spectrum in GR doing CPR on anyone of my loved ones before going to Pennock for any health care. They are just a glorified bandaid station. VERY VERY nice people there, but medicine is medicine.
Sadie,
Please take time to look at Pennocks Statistics. WE find it extremely offensive that you posted a comment, on the INTERNET of all places, about Pennock Health Services. And I would like to point out that Pennock will not say anything bad about Spectrum Health and their facilities because our goal as health care professionals is to provide the highest level of care for our community.

We will continue to strive to improve our capabilities of caring for our community. Expansion is our next step at achieving these goals.
Lets be fair

Hastings, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Sadie wrote:
I'm not here to bash, but BIGGER is not always better. Pennock offers quality healthcare with a small town feel- you get to know the people who are taking care of you.... they become family!
I will say that bigger hospitals may be beneficial in a trauma situation, due to more specialties etc., but @ a larger institution, it seems as though you are just a number... and MISTAKES can happen...
I have had loved ones hospitalized @ Pennock Health Services and have been extremely satisfied with the care received...The new hospital will only give more opportunity to the great care provided @ Pennock!
BW girl

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Judged:

I am also offened by Sadie's post. I work at Butterworth and at Thornapple Manor... and I think that Pennock is a great place for treating patients, but I do see it's downfalls. You see, if I have a resident at the Manor that needs urgent care, they are taken quickly to Pennock to be stabilized, then, if they need further care, they are sent on to Butterworth (or other large hospitals). But without Pennock, my beloved residents might not make it to the big city. And... with my Grandmother being a recent customer of ALL THREE facilities, I'm sure glad it all works the way it does. I would like to see a move to a nicer location like M-37, I hate Green Street. And I would love expanded services at Pennock for my Grandparents and Parents whom love and trust their Pennock Drs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hastings Discussions

Search the Hastings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jun 30 TruthBeTold 5,481
Is Meijer still coming? (Jul '08) Jun 28 Casey 11
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Child Support Fraud (Dec '07) May '14 shecallsmeadeadbeat 44
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lake Odessa, MI (Oct '11) May '14 US Citizen 07 16
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
•••
•••
•••
Hastings Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hastings Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••