FP Suporvisors to cost taxpayers Mill...

FP Suporvisors to cost taxpayers Millions?

Posted in the Harwood Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vladimir

Lemont, IL

#1 Nov 19, 2012
I hear rumor of Utilitys Dept.to go Union.This will cost US taxpayers millions over long run.Cost of salaries,pensions will go very far up.When you have Utility Dept.Suporvisor come to you house you can thank them for being like a goon sqwad to make employees turn to Union to stop herrassment from these goons.When will BP get gone these few bad apple suporvisors,and friend Andy that is the core of the problem? I estimate?? each house will have a $50.00 approximetely tax increese to cover this. We cannot subcontract out these Department either or service will be vrey bad or gone completeley and it cost alot more than what we alredy have now.This is suporvisor friends of BP making hundereds of thousands dollars on our payroll that will hurt the town even more than ever. My tax is gone up to over $8,000.00 and now more to keep these friends taking a paychek??This has got to stop and we canot afford this increases anymore!!!! April canot come too soon!!!You and goons MUST GO AWAY !!!!!!!!!!
Donald

Melrose Park, IL

#2 Nov 20, 2012
I heard one supervisor causing all that trouble, Mr. Smolen?
Insider

Cicero, IL

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Donald wrote:
I heard one supervisor causing all that trouble, Mr. Smolen?
and phil the Witness
Elvis Loves Ken

Lemont, IL

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>and phil the Witness
This is qualification "check list" to be a boss.Read about 1/2 way downin the checklist section and add comments,please.This is very descriptive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
Elvis Loves Ken

Lemont, IL

#5 Nov 21, 2012
IMO all but 3-4 insome cases are pretty accurate.Does that qualify as per the definition??
Elvis Loves Ken

Lemont, IL

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Does this mean some "couch time" with a Dr.is needed?
Wants to know

Woodridge, IL

#7 Dec 5, 2012

Who is the department head who took unpaid leave to supposedly tend to a sick child, only to rest his poor tried and frazzled brain because he could not take the pressure of running his department? Who was in charge while he was off? Is he ever coming back to fix the mess he made? Why does it take six men to supervise 15 men? Why do supervisors have unlimited overtime? In the last 5 years what has been the greatest achievements of these department other than hanging baskets on grand.

And please do not respond plowing, street repairs and water breaks because they farm most of that out now anyway.

Just read the minutes of board meetings to see that we pay Franklin Park Plumbing, Arrow Road Construction, and about two dozen landscapes.

These questions about the street and water department are just several of many Mayor Pederson should answer, but will not and cannot because he doesn’t know what is going on right under his nose.
Elvis

Franklin Park, IL

#8 Dec 5, 2012
And read in the minutes what Ken Zurteck cost the village in law cases he lost. Yes, lost all of them.
Did not win one.
And this is the man that stands up and clams the village is spending to much money. On what Ken your law cases that are being tossed out of court.
Yes

Downers Grove, IL

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Elvis wrote:
And read in the minutes what Ken Zurteck cost the village in law cases he lost. Yes, lost all of them.
Did not win one.
And this is the man that stands up and clams the village is spending to much money. On what Ken your law cases that are being tossed out of court.
Blah,Blah,Blah.
Elvis

Franklin Park, IL

#10 Dec 5, 2012
Shame - Shame on you for not telling us the true stories.
Blah, Blah, Blah
Union Boss

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 5, 2012
Wants to know wrote:
Who is the department head who took unpaid leave to supposedly tend to a sick child, only to rest his poor tried and frazzled brain because he could not take the pressure of running his department? Who was in charge while he was off? Is he ever coming back to fix the mess he made? Why does it take six men to supervise 15 men? Why do supervisors have unlimited overtime? In the last 5 years what has been the greatest achievements of these department other than hanging baskets on grand.
And please do not respond plowing, street repairs and water breaks because they farm most of that out now anyway.
Just read the minutes of board meetings to see that we pay Franklin Park Plumbing, Arrow Road Construction, and about two dozen landscapes.
These questions about the street and water department are just several of many Mayor Pederson should answer, but will not and cannot because he doesn’t know what is going on right under his nose.
How about that so called department head just received a 10,000 dollar raise when he returns.
Elvis

Franklin Park, IL

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Yea, so what.
That is the pay received for the position.
Sorry you have a problem understanding what people make.
Cut the mayor position back to part time and save money, cut the number of times we need to street sweep and save money, cut the number of court cases caused by Ken z. and save money.
But, when a person is doing a good and responsible job pay him/her for that job.
Union Boss

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 6, 2012
Elvis wrote:
Yea, so what.
That is the pay received for the position.
Sorry you have a problem understanding what people make.
Cut the mayor position back to part time and save money, cut the number of times we need to street sweep and save money, cut the number of court cases caused by Ken z. and save money.
But, when a person is doing a good and responsible job pay him/her for that job.
Yes I do Elvis when all the Scumbag Bullsh*tters in the Village like the so Called Supervisors (3) of them who steal overtime and walk around like they are saving the world or spreading lies and forging documents are making a ton from the stolen overtime. Its so easy for you to talk when you make $80 plus like yourself Elvis,how about the utility workers who basically keep the village running and who have not had a raise for a few years after being promised one and have to hear they have to wait again for the hero firemen to settle their contract and have to deal with the Bullsh*t from Paiderson and his cronie Smolen. That is why the Union coming in will set the scale of pay and finally the people that keep the village running will have a voice and someone to back them up.
alvin

Elmwood Park, IL

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Union Boss wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do Elvis when all the Scumbag Bullsh*tters in the Village like the so Called Supervisors (3) of them who steal overtime and walk around like they are saving the world or spreading lies and forging documents are making a ton from the stolen overtime. Its so easy for you to talk when you make $80 plus like yourself Elvis,how about the utility workers who basically keep the village running and who have not had a raise for a few years after being promised one and have to hear they have to wait again for the hero firemen to settle their contract and have to deal with the Bullsh*t from Paiderson and his cronie Smolen. That is why the Union coming in will set the scale of pay and finally the people that keep the village running will have a voice and someone to back them up.
So you're sayin because the individual can not tackle their own problems the union should take over? Ha!
The taxpayers pay taxes. Those taxes are used to pay village employees. Our taxes are not to be used to pay a union. We pay, we have a say so. Put the union proposal on a referendum so we the people that pay the bills can vote yes or no. My vote is no. The union will only abdicate the responsibility of our supervisors that have been given that job and are responsible to the taxpayers of Franklin Park. If an employee does not like it then they can take it to a person that is higher than a department head. If they don't like the decision, they can resign or be let go. No union needed on the taxpayer's dime.
U LIKE APPLES

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 6, 2012
Yeah to bad your tax dollars are being spent on 3 supervisors stealing overtime and the cops and Firemans bullsh*t lawsuits. Union is on its way because the little guys (Utility workers)are sick and tired of being lied to about getting a pay raise and have to sit back and watch the so called heroes (cops & Fireman)get whatever they want because they are union. Without the Utility Workers whether its the water,street,sewer or fleet department the village doesn't run you buffone. If the Village Scumbags would have just been fair with the Utility workers and gave them their fair share of a raise none of this would be taking place, but they decided to LIE about raises and let supervisors do and say whatever the hell they want. Maybe the taxpayers like yourself should take a look at the money that is being spent on overtime by the 3 supervisors and other crap like a 17 million dollar police station just to name a couple things that was not needed before you write some stupid comment about something you have no clue about,or maybe go talk to your Mayor and see the responce you get from him.
Jimmy Hoffa

Elmwood Park, IL

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Unions built this country and will lead the way to rebuild it again. The only people against Good Union Jobs are the people that don't want to take the time to organize so they too could live the American Dream....Scumbag Scabs, F off
Elvis

Franklin Park, IL

#17 Dec 6, 2012
Nice talk Union Man.
Shows the quality of the Union Man.
Ron

Downers Grove, IL

#18 Dec 6, 2012
alvin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're sayin because the individual can not tackle their own problems the union should take over? Ha!
The taxpayers pay taxes. Those taxes are used to pay village employees. Our taxes are not to be used to pay a union. We pay, we have a say so. Put the union proposal on a referendum so we the people that pay the bills can vote yes or no. My vote is no. The union will only abdicate the responsibility of our supervisors that have been given that job and are responsible to the taxpayers of Franklin Park. If an employee does not like it then they can take it to a person that is higher than a department head. If they don't like the decision, they can resign or be let go. No union needed on the taxpayer's dime.
Your comments are ridiculous ,alvin. Police and Fire departments are both Union . There was no referendum ever put before the taxpayers in either case .Unions were formed for two main reasons : fair wages and representation in disputes/ issues with management . I would suspect that one or both are the reason that these men sought union backing . So it would be smart of you to educate yourself 1st in learning something about unions historically speaking .And 2ndly to educate yourself about what can and is not up to the general public to decide in regards to referendums .If you assess the two reasons that I gave you above its obviously due to unfair practices by management , in one form or the other,or both .Lastly if you don't like it April is coming up and maybe you should reconsider who you vote for ,after all its managements decision to diffuse these issues or intensify them . But put yourself in their shoes and think about your own work situation not being a good one , wages or fair labor practices , and then you may take a different perspective .First get an education .You sound clueless .
Union Boss

Franklin Park, IL

#19 Dec 6, 2012
Ron wrote:
<quoted text> Your comments are ridiculous ,alvin. Police and Fire departments are both Union . There was no referendum ever put before the taxpayers in either case .Unions were formed for two main reasons : fair wages and representation in disputes/ issues with management . I would suspect that one or both are the reason that these men sought union backing . So it would be smart of you to educate yourself 1st in learning something about unions historically speaking .And 2ndly to educate yourself about what can and is not up to the general public to decide in regards to referendums .If you assess the two reasons that I gave you above its obviously due to unfair practices by management , in one form or the other,or both .Lastly if you don't like it April is coming up and maybe you should reconsider who you vote for ,after all its managements decision to diffuse these issues or intensify them . But put yourself in their shoes and think about your own work situation not being a good one , wages or fair labor practices , and then you may take a different perspective .First get an education .You sound clueless .
Amen brother.
FURMUNDA

Chicago, IL

#20 Dec 8, 2012
Elvis wrote:
Nice talk Union Man.
Shows the quality of the Union Man.
I think Elvis is just Pi$$ed because he can't be Union. Same with the 3 Supervisors that steal overtime. KARMA is a Bitch boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwood Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist still in coma after November accident (Jan '10) 2 min Katrina 6
Election =trolls 1 hr Elio 12
Section 8 is sending Berwyn to hell. 7 hr Arthur 2
Redundancy from WILDBILL 8 hr 9th Ave 4
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) Fri Tinker aol 705
hooooray uk!!! Fri Thomas the Turban... 1
News I'm mad -- I got Berwyn's $100 camera traffic t... (Feb '12) Thu Buckybottomlayer 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harwood Heights Mortgages