The Dunning Branch - Chicago's Newest...

The Dunning Branch - Chicago's Newest Public Library

There are 1 comment on the Examiner.com story from Jun 2, 2011, titled The Dunning Branch - Chicago's Newest Public Library. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The Dunning Branch of the Chicago Public Library, located at 7455 West Cornelia Avenue in Chicago, is the Chicago Public Library's newest branch.A One of Mayor Richard M. Daley's last acts in office was to dedicate the Dunning Branch Library on May 6, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Not so good

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 18, 2011
I was happy to hear of a new library near my home, so I visited the library for some nice quiet homework time, well that is still to be found. 1st there was a young lady reorganizing the video's and I cannot exaggerate on how loud of a process that was...maybe if she didn't have her headphones on she would realize how much noise she was making. Speaking of headphones, yes i brought a pair and played some music but I could clearly hear the entire racket over my music. 2nd - tape dispenser, I know this sounds ridiculous, but either the girl was tape happy or really doing some work either way that industrial tape dispenser needs to go! Lastly has anyone heard of a "quiet voice” the employee's all spoke loudly with no respect to the patriots. When I asked if they had a quiet room, their response was "No we do not; yes we know it is lout in here". Needless to say the library was not built with "quiet" in mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwood Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) 9 hr Dan 3
Poll Should Jeff Sherwin remain Mayor? (Oct '08) 9 hr III 8
Original Melrose Parkers, not Taylor Street des... (Sep '15) Sun mppeppertoo 27
Kenneka Jenkins was transgender Oct 15 Josh Elmont 1
15th ave book store Oct 14 Lowest of Them All 5
Red Light Violations.Com (Mar '09) Oct 14 Lowest of Them All 51
Poll Which Town is the Most Corrupt? (Feb '08) Oct 14 S town 4 sure 30

Harwood Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance