mr miagi

Bellwood, IL

#84 Feb 11, 2013
yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
because they are intimidated, genius.
they are intimidated to take down there sign but not scared to put up a sign for jessie, you really are a goof. makes a lot of sense. renters don't care if you put up ten signs, you are not going to get any votes from them.
yawn

Villa Park, IL

#85 Feb 11, 2013
Intimawhat wrote:
Intimidated by whom? Jesse has known gang members campaigning and going door to door. Let's get serious.
Who are these "known gang members"? Quit making up stories you liar.

You know who does have convicted criminals working for them? Serpico. Here's a name too; German Cepeda. Ric Cervone just got a nice cushy job with Chris Welch as well.
yawn

Villa Park, IL

#86 Feb 11, 2013
mr miagi wrote:
<quoted text>they are intimidated to take down there sign but not scared to put up a sign for jessie, you really are a goof. makes a lot of sense. renters don't care if you put up ten signs, you are not going to get any votes from them.
it does sound goofy, but its the truth. Go knock on one of those houses and ask them for yourself.
hello

Villa Park, IL

#87 Feb 11, 2013
yawn wrote:
<quoted text>Who are these "known gang members"? Quit making up stories you liar.

You know who does have convicted criminals working for them? Serpico. Here's a name too; German Cepeda. Ric Cervone just got a nice cushy job with Chris Welch as well.
Chris welch is not Serpico the last time I checked! And German working for Serpico is far from the truth, it's ridiculous!
yawn

Villa Park, IL

#88 Feb 11, 2013
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris welch is not Serpico the last time I checked! And German working for Serpico is far from the truth, it's ridiculous!
Serpico and Welch are 2 peas in a pod. http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/11132949-4...

German working for Serpico is far from the truth? I guess its my word against yours. BUT, If anyone wants to find out how ridiculous it is, just go ask him yourself. He works as a bouncer at that new bar on 36th and North ave.
Gus

Chicago, IL

#89 Feb 11, 2013
Right. That's the bar where Jesse had a fundraiser a couple months ago. Unsuccessful, but a fundraiser nonetheless.
so what

Villa Park, IL

#90 Feb 11, 2013
Gus wrote:
Right. That's the bar where Jesse had a fundraiser a couple months ago. Unsuccessful, but a fundraiser nonetheless.
What does Jesse having a fundraiser there have to do with anything? Besides, from what I know, the place was packed. Seems pretty successful to me.
Serpico had a fundraiser a few weeks ago at the pool hall that was successful at coercing all of Suarez's employees and leeches to "support" Ronnie; but you dont see me saying anything. The fact is Felons support Serpico, and campaign for him, who cares about fundraisers? Just another example of you serpico apologists trying to make something out of nothing.
Right

Chicago, IL

#91 Feb 11, 2013
Of course. Every successful Serpico event every person is forced to attend and donate. RMP, you guys are pathetic. See what is right in front of you. People like Mayor Serpico and have overwhelmingly supported him for over 16 years. No coercing here.

But if it makes you feel better about your half filled events, your no credential candidates, your combined 10+ losses for political office, and the fact that RMP has not done A THING FOR THE TOWN THAT THEY WISH TO GOVERN, then keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Luckily for you, it will all be over soon, bed time!
yes i am

Villa Park, IL

#92 Feb 12, 2013
Right wrote:
Of course. Every successful Serpico event every person is forced to attend and donate. RMP, you guys are pathetic. See what is right in front of you. People like Mayor Serpico and have overwhelmingly supported him for over 16 years. No coercing here.
But if it makes you feel better about your half filled events, your no credential candidates, your combined 10+ losses for political office, and the fact that RMP has not done A THING FOR THE TOWN THAT THEY WISH TO GOVERN, then keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep at night.
Luckily for you, it will all be over soon, bed time!
tell me which one of these "Latinos for Ron Serpico" are actually Melrose Park Residents, which ones dont work for Suarez and which ones aren't trying to get the scraps that fall off Serpico's chin. I count 2.

http://serpico4mayor.com/melrose-park-latinos...

Exactly what types of things should they do for the town before you consider them qualified? Should they waste taxpayer's money by sending them useless mailers telling them their water rates wont go up? Waste taxpayer's money by building useless islands in the middle of Division Street? Waste village workers pensions so that they are only 32% funded? Waste taxpayer's money by encouraging a culture of nepotism in our police and fire department? Waste taxpayer's money by hiring connected contractors through a no-bid process?

and what qualifications did the current MVP candidates bring to the table BEFORE being elected? What good has Abruzzo done in the community, even now that he is a trustee??? He doesnt care about the community, he only cares about his pocketbook.
Right

Chicago, IL

#93 Feb 12, 2013
I'm sure they could all become Melrose Park "residents" like you Roberto. Live with their parents, which multiple candidates on RMP ticket do. Or ask a family member to rent a room in their home. Seems easy enough. Great example Roberto.

You are a walking contradiction. Kudos.
Haha

New York, NY

#94 Feb 12, 2013
yes i am wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me which one of these "Latinos for Ron Serpico" are actually Melrose Park Residents, which ones dont work for Suarez and which ones aren't trying to get the scraps that fall off Serpico's chin. I count 2.
http://serpico4mayor.com/melrose-park-latinos...
Exactly what types of things should they do for the town before you consider them qualified? Should they waste taxpayer's money by sending them useless mailers telling them their water rates wont go up? Waste taxpayer's money by building useless islands in the middle of Division Street? Waste village workers pensions so that they are only 32% funded? Waste taxpayer's money by encouraging a culture of nepotism in our police and fire department? Waste taxpayer's money by hiring connected contractors through a no-bid process?
and what qualifications did the current MVP candidates bring to the table BEFORE being elected? What good has Abruzzo done in the community, even now that he is a trustee??? He doesnt care about the community, he only cares about his pocketbook.
Ohh Roberto... Are you aware how much you have turned into self-parody?

You literally sit in your uncle's basement, provide ZERO help to the community, and poke holes at the current administration. Guess what? Anyone can do that. And "anyone" does that. Leaders take it upon themselves to do more.

And by do more I don't mean every 4 years support some candidate for mayor. If you really think your town needs a change, make a change! Get out of your uncle's basement, take a break from telling young Hispanic professionals about how to re-write their resumes, and actually make a meaningful change in the community.

Somewhere in America right now there's a lazy teenager critiquing a new movie that came out last weekend. He's hitting all the points he think the world needs to know about. And guess what? No one cares. Believe it or not, Paramount Pictures won't be calling him to write and direct the sequel.

That's what this poster is. He's a teenager in a basement that talks but doesn't walk the talk.
obsessed

Villa Park, IL

#95 Feb 12, 2013
why does every post that raises legitimate concerns have to be posted by "Roberto?" Why are you people so obsessed with this guy, is he running for something, are you jealous that people know who he is, do you think he is cute? What is it??? Why do you guys dance around the issues? I dont poke holes at the current administration, they do it to themselves with every bad decision they make. Anyone can point out whats wrong with the administration, the question is will anyone try to do something about it. RMP is trying to do something about it. You guys talk about making a change in the community, and I repeatedly ask what type of "involvement" would be up to your "standards.." no one has a clue.

At this point you people aren't even denying that what I say about the Serpico administration is wrong. You are the real problem in this community. How can anyone try to make a change with people like you around? People that acknowledge and acquiesce to the corruption, People that won't even take the time to make an informed decision by listening to the opposition with an open mind, people who spread the dirt that is being thrown around because they so badly want those lies to be the truth.

You people look for any little thing to complain about just so you can distract from the REAL issues. You criticize because RMP candidates haven't built a food pantry or an orphanage? Again, I ask you...what has Abruzzo done for the community, EVER??? He is already in a position of power, and the biggest contribution he has done to the village is take pictures with the Gaels football team! The truth is, the RMP candidates that I do know have helped people in the community, they just dont broadcast it on a website, like Serpico does. They do more than show up to take a picture. They have helped individuals. Even if what you say is true about Roberto,(that he helps people re-write their resumes) that is something noble. You can belittle that all you want, but a clean and polished resume can get your foot in the door and ultimately a career.
Lets look at the opposite side of the coin, at all these other wonderful MVP candidates that have done so much for the community...Serpico is part of all kinds of organizations, right? Tell me this: How has his "involvement" helped him be a better mayor? The answer: it hasn't, he's still a horrible part-time mayor.

Finally, you dont know who this poster is and its killing you to know.You have your pre-conceived notions about the type of people that would support RMP and it scares you that we are the complete opposite of what you believe us to be. We are informed voters that arent merely supporting Jesse because he is Hispanic. We dont care that he is Hispanic, we care about Melrose Park. We care about our money being spent to benefit the ENTIRE community, not just Serpicos buddies. Roberto isnt the only person that can make a coherent argument. But keep thinking this is Roberto if it lets you sleep at night.
Haha

Chicago, IL

#96 Feb 12, 2013
obsessed wrote:
why does every post that raises legitimate concerns have to be posted by "Roberto?" Why are you people so obsessed with this guy, is he running for something, are you jealous that people know who he is, do you think he is cute? What is it??? Why do you guys dance around the issues? I dont poke holes at the current administration, they do it to themselves with every bad decision they make. Anyone can point out whats wrong with the administration, the question is will anyone try to do something about it. RMP is trying to do something about it. You guys talk about making a change in the community, and I repeatedly ask what type of "involvement" would be up to your "standards.." no one has a clue.
At this point you people aren't even denying that what I say about the Serpico administration is wrong. You are the real problem in this community. How can anyone try to make a change with people like you around? People that acknowledge and acquiesce to the corruption, People that won't even take the time to make an informed decision by listening to the opposition with an open mind, people who spread the dirt that is being thrown around because they so badly want those lies to be the truth.
You people look for any little thing to complain about just so you can distract from the REAL issues. You criticize because RMP candidates haven't built a food pantry or an orphanage? Again, I ask you...what has Abruzzo done for the community, EVER??? He is already in a position of power, and the biggest contribution he has done to the village is take pictures with the Gaels football team! The truth is, the RMP candidates that I do know have helped people in the community, they just dont broadcast it on a website, like Serpico does. They do more than show up to take a picture. They have helped individuals. Even if what you say is true about Roberto,(that he helps people re-write their resumes) that is something noble. You can belittle that all you want, but a clean and polished resume can get your foot in the door and ultimately a career.
Lets look at the opposite side of the coin, at all these other wonderful MVP candidates that have done so much for the community...Serpico is part of all kinds of organizations, right? Tell me this: How has his "involvement" helped him be a better mayor? The answer: it hasn't, he's still a horrible part-time mayor.
Finally, you dont know who this poster is and its killing you to know.You have your pre-conceived notions about the type of people that would support RMP and it scares you that we are the complete opposite of what you believe us to be. We are informed voters that arent merely supporting Jesse because he is Hispanic. We dont care that he is Hispanic, we care about Melrose Park. We care about our money being spent to benefit the ENTIRE community, not just Serpicos buddies. Roberto isnt the only person that can make a coherent argument. But keep thinking this is Roberto if it lets you sleep at night.
We repeatedly ask for you to make a change or show us a change, and you repeatedly ask us how to. You are a JOKE.

Grow up and just do something. You're not a child, you shouldn't need to be told how to make a change.

"Roberto, make a change in your community."
"By what standards should such a change be made? With this current administration in power I can't do anything. Blah blah blah."

By your standards, any republican politician should just go home for the next 4 years bc we have a democrat in office.

RMP always plays the victim. DO something! If you ever were on a ticket that actually won you'd be confused. "Wait, now I have to actually do something? Let me find an excuse about why I don't have to."
LOL

Chicago, IL

#97 Feb 12, 2013
obsessed wrote:
How can anyone make a change with people like me around?

Interesting question. Does my presence on earth stop you from...

Starting a local business? Organizing local business together into local business organizations? Starting a youth recreational league? Starting an adult recreational league? Starting a program to support local youth or disadvantaged adults? Starting a local charity? Creating an event for Melrose Parkers? Building relationships with local businesses and working together to grow within the community?

How sir, does my existence, as a Melrose Parker with 0 ties to the Serpico campaign outside of writing my opinion on this site, prevent you from doing any one of the things I just listed above? I'm curious to hear your excuses.
I just googled him

Villa Park, IL

#98 Feb 12, 2013
Right wrote:
I'm sure they could all become Melrose Park "residents" like you Roberto. Live with their parents, which multiple candidates on RMP ticket do. Or ask a family member to rent a room in their home. Seems easy enough. Great example Roberto.
You are a walking contradiction. Kudos.
What wrong did this Roberto guy do? I just googled him and this came up http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2010/august... . Does not seem like a bad guy.
obsessed

Villa Park, IL

#100 Feb 12, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone make a change with people like me around?
Interesting question. Does my presence on earth stop you from...
Starting a local business? Organizing local business together into local business organizations? Starting a youth recreational league? Starting an adult recreational league? Starting a program to support local youth or disadvantaged adults? Starting a local charity? Creating an event for Melrose Parkers? Building relationships with local businesses and working together to grow within the community?
How sir, does my existence, as a Melrose Parker with 0 ties to the Serpico campaign outside of writing my opinion on this site, prevent you from doing any one of the things I just listed above? I'm curious to hear your excuses.
Organizing local businesses together, you mean like the chamber of commerce that already exists? Besides do you really think that businesses will openly support anything that is related to Jesse Martinez?
I stand by my previous comments, you expect RMP to build food pantries and orphanages.

PLCCA is a local not-for-profit, Jesse is on the board. he is also a board member of United Way....isnt that what you asked for????? And again, not one person has answered my question what has Abruzzo done?
Create an event for Melrose Parkers?? are they here to entertain people? Let's say an event is created, how quickly would you start bashing it?
Where can they start a recreational league? in their backyards?? Do you really think Serpico will let them use the civic center? The basketball league that is currently there wont accept any new teams. The Proviso Soccer league has been usurped by the mayor's lackey, taken away from the person that started to serve as publicity for Serpico.

And your existence (and people like you) only serve one purpose, to spread Serpico's lies whether or not you have ties to them. Have you ever spoken with Jesse? You wont even hear what he has to say. That is whats wrong with people like you. I can understand if a person decides not to vote for RMP, if they have given them an honest chance at explaining their position on issues that matter, but you sit here and complain about how they haven't started a game night for adults or setup a daycare to watch your kids. You people complain about "Roberto" and dont even know him or the accomplishments he has. Even still, someone points out that he has helped the community and you proceed to make fun of him for what he has done.
obsessed

Villa Park, IL

#101 Feb 12, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
We repeatedly ask for you to make a change or show us a change, and you repeatedly ask us how to. You are a JOKE.
Grow up and just do something. You're not a child, you shouldn't need to be told how to make a change.
"Roberto, make a change in your community."
"By what standards should such a change be made? With this current administration in power I can't do anything. Blah blah blah."
By your standards, any republican politician should just go home for the next 4 years bc we have a democrat in office.
RMP always plays the victim. DO something! If you ever were on a ticket that actually won you'd be confused. "Wait, now I have to actually do something? Let me find an excuse about why I don't have to."
The reason I ask you "how to" is to point out that it doesnt matter what they do, it will never be sufficient. You ask them to change the world, and don't even care to pay attention to the fact that those that have had the power and ability to make things better for the last 16 years have done NOTHING.
naacp

Bellwood, IL

#102 Feb 12, 2013
obsessed wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I ask you "how to" is to point out that it doesnt matter what they do, it will never be sufficient. You ask them to change the world, and don't even care to pay attention to the fact that those that have had the power and ability to make things better for the last 16 years have done NOTHING.
bla bla bla bla bla, im mexican and went to fenwick,: bla bla bla, fenwick has to make quotas to robert. you guys are all the same, play the race card. i think i am going to start a advancement for whites scholarship program and see how may Mexicans will start screaming racism. did your friend ask you to gather up all your amigos and show up at his fundraiser. people would be running for cover. just don't see the big picture.your friend has the same friends that you tend to bash. you throw the word corruption around and forget the fact that there is no bigger corruption than the cartels of Mexico and there government, so how can you think that anyone is better than the next guy that you throw allegations at. lets start from scratch, god forbid that you and your amigos were running the town: who would you give jobs to, your friends and family who you think would do a good job or William white. you know the answer. would you get a family member a job at your corporation, yes you would so don't throw rocks at people for what they do because you would be doing the same. sorry that it is offensive these days to help people you know because others are jealous.don't know about you but this town seems to handle itself pretty good for 125 years, i know you said the last administration ruined this town but you also know what has happened to this town in the last 16 years: i know im racist but did you ever stop and think about it people didn't move because of what your saying they moved because of the influx of the lower standard of living. you can only do so much with a pile of shit.
hello

Bellwood, IL

#103 Feb 12, 2013
Spot on Sir Eisenstein. All other races seen to come here and better themselves, the only two with horrible track records are the blacks and Hispanics.Oh and Robert if you are going to change it up please stop commenting every time from a Vila Park host site.
no Klu

Villa Park, IL

#104 Feb 12, 2013
naacp wrote:
<quoted text>bla bla bla bla bla, im mexican and went to fenwick,: bla bla bla, fenwick has to make quotas to robert. you guys are all the same, play the race card. i think i am going to start a advancement for whites scholarship program and see how may Mexicans will start screaming racism. did your friend ask you to gather up all your amigos and show up at his fundraiser. people would be running for cover. just don't see the big picture.your friend has the same friends that you tend to bash. you throw the word corruption around and forget the fact that there is no bigger corruption than the cartels of Mexico and there government, so how can you think that anyone is better than the next guy that you throw allegations at. lets start from scratch, god forbid that you and your amigos were running the town: who would you give jobs to, your friends and family who you think would do a good job or William white. you know the answer. would you get a family member a job at your corporation, yes you would so don't throw rocks at people for what they do because you would be doing the same. sorry that it is offensive these days to help people you know because others are jealous.don't know about you but this town seems to handle itself pretty good for 125 years, i know you said the last administration ruined this town but you also know what has happened to this town in the last 16 years: i know im racist but did you ever stop and think about it people didn't move because of what your saying they moved because of the influx of the lower standard of living. you can only do so much with a pile of shit.
Where in my previous comment (the one you replied to) did I mention anything about race you half-wit?
Who is even talking about Mexico? You know who should get the job?? The most qualified candidate not the idiot who knocked on a few doors for Serpico. Im done with your stupidity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwood Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember-North Avenue Roller Rink? (May '09) Wed Richard Kempfert 88
21 confirmed street gangs operating in Cicero. (Feb '11) Wed tell the truth 39
Ken Zurek who is he??? Wed Mayor Pederson su... 56
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) Tue People 897
Assistant Principal Michael Courington dance do... Mar 2 Todd AO 9
alderman sayad fail Mar 2 ALDERMAN SAYAD FAIL 1
Review: US Navy Transport Mar 2 Ramin 1
Harwood Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web