JS Paluch Company/Not Ethical

Posted in the Harwood Heights Forum

Screwed Over

Mount Pleasant, TX

#1 Aug 7, 2011
I had contracted to run ads in a directory published by JS Paluch for one year. Since the expiration of my contract term, I have received additional billings and in fact paid a few before discovering that my agreement was already up, when I checked my paperwork.

I called and spoke with their customer service staff whom then wanted to split the difference of the last billing with me. They were already prepared for my complaint and had a canned script to go by and they did not vary from it. This told me I was not the first person to encounter this problem. This would basically be eliminate my my deposit with JS Paluch whom continued advertising after the contracts expiration and continued billing me. A notice that I was only running the contract term was sent to JS Paluch shortly after the beginning of the contract, which I retained a copy of, of course JS Paluch denies ever receiving this notice. I tried reaching higher ranking management, but their calls are carefully screened and the few that I did get through to voice mail NEVER returned my calls.

I encourage anyone thinking of publishing a ad with this company to ensure that they provide a notice to JS Paluch at the contract signing that they are only participating in the stated period of one year. Put it in your contract. I further encourage anyone thinking of doing this to not advertise with them. Why would a company try and force a business to continue advertising with them, in small, small print, on their contracts, after the contracts expiration, if they are ethical and if you are signing for a one year contract? Why is a termination notice necessary. It's not, it's their way of getting more money out of you.

READ and REREAD any advertising agreement that you receive for trickery. When a company has to stoop to these low level tactics they are not worth doing business with.
Adam

Jefferson, TX

#2 Aug 7, 2011
I dealt with this company on a church publication and got the same exact screw over. Interesting huh? Especially since they are doing church publications.
Bob the Ad Buyer

Hartford, CT

#3 Aug 8, 2011
I have JS Paluch ads running, too, along with other companies. They do indeed renew their ads automatically and bill us, but that is in their contracts. Your post has the best advice; read the agreeement. I have found that when you call them, they will stop future ads & if you haven't paid a bill they will usually credit any overcharges out. I'm not sure why you would cancel the ads, though - they are pretty inexpensive & a better buy than phone directories. They are printed for a year, and if there is a mistake there is no way to correct it!
Darren

Mount Pleasant, TX

#4 Aug 15, 2011
Bob the Ad Buyer wrote:
I have JS Paluch ads running, too, along with other companies. They do indeed renew their ads automatically and bill us, but that is in their contracts. Your post has the best advice; read the agreeement. I have found that when you call them, they will stop future ads & if you haven't paid a bill they will usually credit any overcharges out. I'm not sure why you would cancel the ads, though - they are pretty inexpensive & a better buy than phone directories. They are printed for a year, and if there is a mistake there is no way to correct it!
Clearly you just lucked out. No they do not credit the overcharges they do and if you call you get an idiot in the customer service department that does not know how to do anything but read a script. I sent in a cancellation notice immediately after signing the contract, which you have to do, in order for the ad to run just one year. They just happened to have not received my cancellation either. Clearly you do not know much about advertising because the phone books break out to a lower cost per customer amount than the JS Paluch ads. Their ads have very limited circulation in the church directories. Clearly you must be one of their sales reps from the way you talk. Why would a company have to try and trick you into a continual advertising commitment if they were ethical? The last sentence sums it all up. They are not an ethical company and if you are a buyer with this company....BEWARE!
Avoid Them

Jefferson, TX

#5 Aug 18, 2011
Bob the Ad Buyer wrote:
So,whom do you work for??? JS Paluch? Sure sounds like it. It is very unethical to force customers into continuing advertising when they only signed up for a year agreement in the first place. A year agreement is also a bit ridiculous. Most advertising companies do a weekly, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year advertising period. And...there is not normally small print that states after your 1 year agreement expires JS Paluch will renew your agreement unless you tell them otherwise in writing. And if they say they did not receive your cancellation letter, yet you have a copy of it, they still continue billing you. This is a SCAM. Wake up. Times are hard and companies are bending the ethical line in trying to keep revenue coming in the door.
Terry

Longview, TX

#6 Aug 21, 2011
I agree. Turn them over to the Better Business Bureau. At least, other people may take note of the problems and not use them because of this.
Sandra

Mount Pleasant, TX

#7 Aug 30, 2011
Terry wrote:
I agree. Turn them over to the Better Business Bureau. At least, other people may take note of the problems and not use them because of this.
I turned them over and JS Paluch gave everyone the run around. The complaint never went anywhere. Buyers BEWARE of this company.
Bob screwed over

Longview, TX

#8 Sep 14, 2011
Buyer Beware!!!! An old company....but not very ethical.
Magda

Staten Island, NY

#9 Sep 27, 2011
It is really hard company to work with. They say something completely different than what they actually do. And after all, there is nobody to speak to. They just want your money without providing you with a good and professional service. We have been their customers for at least two years. However, they kept increasing their prices. But the quality of print has never changed. Not at all. We still had a little six lines, even if we had to pay 2 and then 3 dollars more.
Customer service is the worst ever.
If you have anything else on your mind as a way to advertise, do not even think twice. Avoid J. S. Paluch.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 27, 2011
Magda wrote:
It is really hard company to work with. They say something completely different than what they actually do. And after all, there is nobody to speak to. They just want your money without providing you with a good and professional service. We have been their customers for at least two years. However, they kept increasing their prices. But the quality of print has never changed. Not at all. We still had a little six lines, even if we had to pay 2 and then 3 dollars more.
Customer service is the worst ever.
If you have anything else on your mind as a way to advertise, do not even think twice. Avoid J. S. Paluch.
Then why hasn't your business been taken elsewhere?
Joann

United States

#11 Mar 21, 2012
sound like all of you are a bunch of whimps. If you are so unghappy with them why are you with them. I have seen the contracts. they are 5 sentences long. & at the top it clearly states 52 weeks. In the body it states it will continue to run until you CALL after the initial 52 weeks to cancel YOURSELF. Obviously you are signing but NOT reading the contract , then you want to whine about your own mistakes.Everyone is in business to make business. dont judge the other guy on your own mistakes.
whistle blower

Simi Valley, CA

#12 Oct 18, 2012
Taxpayer for years , Bob the Ad Buyer & Joann are clearly sales reps for j.s. paluch trying to save their commission & future sales. 1st let me apologize for the immoral business practices atj. s. paluch . I am an insider meaning I do currently work for j. s. paluch non-sales for 3 months now and can't believe how they screw people. The only way to get your voice heard is to go directly to your church pastor or the church office staff and complain because j.s. paluch has to please the church or they will cancel their contract and find a more professional, ethical publisher for their bulletin.
I am currently looking to leave j.s. paluch as soon as possible but I have kids to feed so until I find a better company to work for I'm stuck here, once again sorry to all advertisers.
REMEMBER: TO COMPLAIN AND BE HEARD GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR CHURCH PASTOR OR CHURCH OFFICE STAFF , CALLING J.S. PALUCH OFFICES IS A WASTE OF TIME.
TexCatholicGal

United States

#13 Nov 8, 2012
whistle blower wrote:
Taxpayer for years , Bob the Ad Buyer & Joann are clearly sales reps for j.s. paluch trying to save their commission & future sales. 1st let me apologize for the immoral business practices atj. s. paluch . I am an insider meaning I do currently work for j. s. paluch non-sales for 3 months now and can't believe how they screw people. The only way to get your voice heard is to go directly to your church pastor or the church office staff and complain because j.s. paluch has to please the church or they will cancel their contract and find a more professional, ethical publisher for their bulletin.
I am currently looking to leave j.s. paluch as soon as possible but I have kids to feed so until I find a better company to work for I'm stuck here, once again sorry to all advertisers.
REMEMBER: TO COMPLAIN AND BE HEARD GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR CHURCH PASTOR OR CHURCH OFFICE STAFF , CALLING J.S. PALUCH OFFICES IS A WASTE OF TIME.
As a former sales rep for JS Paluch, I encourage parishes to find a different publisher for their bulletins. Never could get straight answers from this company about client billing. Rates were all over the place. All they care about is money. No one cares about the advertiser or the sales rep or even the parishes.
Shady

Tampa, FL

#14 Feb 22, 2013
So strange. I have actually been in the interview process to be a sales rep for them & things keep changing & changing as far as when I would start, who would be my boss etc etc that I decided to look them up on any type of complaint, rip off report etc & there is a TON. I'm deciding to pull my myself out if the mix. I never get call backs or straight answers. I keep getting told that there is 'changes' going on & to please bare w/ them. I think it would be a disaster to go work for them.
ANOTHER ONE SCREWED

Lafayette, LA

#15 Mar 30, 2013
I HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING FOR SEVERAL MONTHS TO PLACE AN AD TO NO AVAIL UNTIL RECENTLY. IT RAN A COUPLE OF TIMES, CALLED THE CHURCH AND MY AD HAD NOT RUN THAT WEEK. I CALLED THE OFFICE AND THEY WANTED TO PLAY GAMES WITH ME AND HAVE THE SALES PERSON CONTACT ME. STILL WAITING! AS A MATTER OF FACT, I AM WRITING J.S.P., THE CHURCH, BBB IN NEW ORLEANS, BBB IN FRANKLIN PARK, GOVERNOR OF ILLINOIS, ATTORNEY GENERAL IN ILLINOIS, CONSUMER AFFAIRS, CONGRESSMEN IN ILLINOIS AND NEW ORLEANS, ETC. YOU DON'T GET IT DONE AND ACCOMPLISH SATISFACTION UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND THIS ONE HAS NOT SUNG YET!!! MY MAIL WILL BE CERTIFIED WITH RETURN RECEIPT...
Former Employee

Schaumburg, IL

#16 May 4, 2013
I used to work for this company (Franklin Park location) and I can only say that I'm shocked how managers treat their employees ... very rude and with no respect whatsoever. This commpany have tons of resctrictions and no appreciation to their employees. I wouldn't recommend to anyone start working there.
Marketing Director

Lake Geneva, WI

#17 Jun 13, 2013
Any company that is selling advertising and does not have a published price list is not ethical. I called under different names in one week and received different rates quoted. When I asked for a printed price sheet to be mailed or emailed I was told it would be sent, but never arrived. BEWARE. If your parish uses their service get the Parish Council to change.
JSPALUCH

Orange, CA

#18 Feb 2, 2014
TEST
J Anderson

Boerne, TX

#19 Feb 12, 2014
I am currently working for JS Paluch in sales. Buyer beware. This company has for years capitalized on the good graces of Church people. They have abused that priviledge. I have a one time advertiser that they owe a cash credit to. The reason for the credit is another negative story but the advertiser was told they would receive credit and as of this writing never got it. No Paluch managers give straight answers about anything. They mistreat their advertisers and salespeople. I have never seen anything quite like it. I am currently in a dispute over money they owe me. They cheat the sales Rep as much as they cheat the advertiser. If you are an advertiser and have problems, please contact the Church pastor where the ad is run. JS Paluch has to listen to the pastor or he will stop the bulletin contract. The pastor has the last word.
Eaglesnest Wood

Peyton, CO

#20 Apr 9, 2014
Our sales rep sold us a 3 month contract with the option of taking out a full year. After 3 months it was clear that we were seeing no benefit to our ad. We therefore canceled. Now thier customer service is trying to stick us for the full year. I will be watching for these folks the next time they walk through our doors. Buyer beware.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwood Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
italian gangs (May '09) 3 hr drpaulrc 19
The Rose 5 hr Luthor 3
does anybody know what really happen on manheim... Sun dawid735 1
What happened on manhiem this morning? Sun dawid735 4
Why is Campanelli necessary? Sun giuffre 1
Mayor Serpico's piggy bank (Mar '10) Sun leankat 59
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) Sun leankat 665
More from around the web

Harwood Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE