Torrington PD looking for witnesses i...

Torrington PD looking for witnesses in teen death

There are 19 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Apr 14, 2008, titled Torrington PD looking for witnesses in teen death. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Torrington _ Torrington Police are looking for people who witnessed the death of a teenager from Harwinton last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

sal

AOL

#1 Apr 15, 2008
now why did he go and do that 15 no brains my heart gose to the family but he should have known better.
Dont do it

Boston, MA

#2 Apr 15, 2008
Why do you need witnesses. Is it going to change anything. He made a bad choice. the driver had no chance to stop.... So what will it change.
Gitch

North Arlington, NJ

#3 Apr 15, 2008
If you're not a witness then why post your stupid comments..we were all 15 at one time and I'm sure we did some dumb things, made bad choices..but this family has to be devastated right now...enough with the "should have known better" crap....have some respect for the family......

“Don't Get Mad, Get Silly”

Since: Mar 08

God Bless Our Troops

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Gitch wrote:
If you're not a witness then why post your stupid comments..we were all 15 at one time and I'm sure we did some dumb things, made bad choices..but this family has to be devastated right now...enough with the "should have known better" crap....have some respect for the family......
I'm with you!
mom2many

Seymour, CT

#5 Apr 15, 2008
This has got to be horrible for this family,I hope I never have to get a call like the one I'm sure they received, however, I feel equally sorry for the poor soul who hit this child, running out of nowhere in front of them, and dying, this person will have to live with the memory of this forever.
blah

Andover, CT

#6 Apr 15, 2008
Why are we wasting time with this when we have unsolved homicides in this state that were committed by one person against another.

Yeah teenagers are stupid blah blah blah. When I was 15 I knew better than to run across a highway and unless this kid had some undisclosed mental problem he should have too.

Darwin stikes again. At least this kid won't get the chance to spread his genes to another generation.
Metimucil Man

Lancaster, SC

#7 Apr 15, 2008
Smart! very Smart!
LKM

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2008
blah wrote:
Why are we wasting time with this when we have unsolved homicides in this state that were committed by one person against another.
Yeah teenagers are stupid blah blah blah. When I was 15 I knew better than to run across a highway and unless this kid had some undisclosed mental problem he should have too.
Darwin stikes again. At least this kid won't get the chance to spread his genes to another generation.
Blah-you insensitive a-- how do you live with yourself????

“Don't Get Mad, Get Silly”

Since: Mar 08

God Bless Our Troops

#9 Apr 15, 2008
blah wrote:
hmmm...I can't imagine that the Torrington PD has so many unsolved homicide cases that it cannot appropriately investigate this accident.

And I can't imagine a person wasting their time commenting on a story that they feel is a waste of time...
get over it

AOL

#10 Apr 15, 2008
Gitch wrote:
if you cant handle the comments they dont read them people have a right to say what ever they like so if you cant handle it stay out.
Gitch

North Arlington, NJ

#11 Apr 15, 2008
blah wrote:
I hope you don't have any kids to carry your pathetic genes on you sick SOB..you should be checked for a mental illness..or why bother..your just stupid and that can't be fixed.....
Gitch

North Arlington, NJ

#12 Apr 15, 2008
get over it wrote:
<quoted text> if you cant handle the comments they dont read them people have a right to say what ever they like so if you cant handle it stay out.
Get over yourself brainiac..people like you post on here to to see your dopey comments....
blah

Andover, CT

#13 Apr 16, 2008
I am extremely sensitive, but I have no sympathy for stupid people and their stupid actions. This kid could have killed the driver in that car. What would your opinion have been then?

It is very sad that this kid is dead, but he acted without thinking. i get sick of hearing people talk about how we all made stupid decisions as teenagers and such. Stupid decisions are one thing. Doing something as dumb as running across the highway is completely different.

I would rather save my compassion for someone who truly deserves it.

“Traditions in moderation.”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#14 Apr 16, 2008
Witnesses? For what? I hope they don't plan on charging the poor driver. If that happens I'll be donating to his defense fund.

It's never your child's fault, is it? It's always someone or something else. Sigh.
Insensitive

Howell, NJ

#15 Apr 16, 2008
It's very easy to make Darwin cracks and other stupid comments until it hits home. Hard as it may be for some of you, try to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Then pray that you never get a phone call like this poor kid's parents did. There has to be an investigation. It may turn out that this boy wasn't as stupid as many of you seem to think he was.
Metimucil Man

Lancaster, SC

#16 Apr 16, 2008
FatSean wrote:
Witnesses? For what? I hope they don't plan on charging the poor driver. If that happens I'll be donating to his defense fund.
It's never your child's fault, is it? It's always someone or something else. Sigh.
GOD Dammit that kid did damage to that car! Thats why our insurance rates are so high in CT. He should pay for that. I hope her rates dont go up.

“Traditions in moderation.”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#17 Apr 16, 2008
Metimucil Man wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD Dammit that kid did damage to that car! Thats why our insurance rates are so high in CT. He should pay for that. I hope her rates dont go up.
Now that's a little cold but I do agree that her rates shouldn't go up because a person was on a divided highway illegally. There's a reason they have signs forbidding bikes, horses and pedestrians on limited access highways.
FAMILYS VOICE

Watkinsville, GA

#18 Apr 16, 2008
SINCE SOME OF YOU WANT TO POST COMMENT BASHING A 15 YEAR OLD CHILD. WITHOUT KNOWING THE DETAILS AND FACTS. LET ME SAY THAT IT IS MY BELIEF AS A FAMILY MEMBER OF THE 15 YEAR OLD, THAT HAS A NAME {JOSZSEF SZOGEDI}, WAS NOT THE ONLY GUILTY PARTY. YES WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES-AND MAYBE HE WAS NOT WERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN, BUT THE DRIVER WAS ALSO TALKING ON A CELL PHONE AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT. WHICH MAKES HER JUST AS GUILTY! SO LET PLEASE HAVE SOME COMPASSION FOR BOTH LOSES. LAST TIME I CHECKED A LIFE WAS WORTH MORE THE HIGHER RATES ON CAR INSURANCE. WOULD YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY IF IT WAS YOUR COUSIN..........
Dont do it

Boston, MA

#21 Apr 17, 2008
Were you there??? How are you so certain she was on the phone? Did she say she was on the phone? keep in mind it wouldn't had mattered if she was or wasn't on the phone she wouldn't of had time to stop he ran out in front of her. Sad sad story. But he made a bad choice. he lost his life because of it. I would hate to see this lady sued for soemthing she had no control over. It wasn't like she slammed through a cross walk. I feel for the family and I am sorry for your loss. Think of what her child will go through for some time. Her child saw it all and is much younger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Support for $15 wage, family/medical leave Feb 17 Samuels Furnace Man 2
News Many travelers stranded at airport due to snows... Feb 9 Frosty 1
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Feb 8 The News Reporter 13
take a look Feb 8 The News Reporter 2
News Harriet Beecher Stowe Jan '17 dave 1
News State Police Detectives Investigate Thomaston P... (Jul '16) Dec '16 Whaaaat 3
News Brookfield man sues over 'demon' book (Oct '07) Oct '16 Rose 46

Harwinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harwinton Mortgages