Roof caves in at Big Value in Bantam

Sep 12, 2008 Full story: The Litchfield Enquirer

When Ronald J. Canciani of Harwinton, owner of the Big Value Supermarket in Bantam, was notified by his alarm company that someone may have broken into his store on Sept.

Full Story
Charlie Beaudoin

Berlin, CT

#1 Sep 22, 2008
I got to spend my last 2 years of high school plus a few more working for Mr C. He was always wonderful to me, even when I left to join a chain store. It leaves me very sad to see the damage done to the store. I hope that Ronnie will get the store back open as soon as possible. Not only does Big Value provide a great alternative to the chain store shopping experience, but as I can attest is a great launch pad for anyone who wants to work in retail. I learned so much from my years there, but as long as I live I can never forget the one lasting peice of advice Mr. C gave to me. He said, Charlie as long as people need to eat, you will always have a job. I soon realized that if you love what you do and get paid well for it, its a win win. Well nearly 30 years later I still remember all the things I learned from Mr C.
Currently I am running a ten million dollar a year business and Im very thankful to Ron Canciani for spending the time he did with me when I was too young, too full of myself, and too sure I knew it all. Good luck to the Canciani family and hurry up and get that store open.
Lynn Anderson

Tempe, AZ

#2 Mar 20, 2009
Much like the previous email, I too went to work at Big Value when I was 16. I learned alot from working at such a family oriented store, and everyone was always great to work for. I moved away from the area at age 18, but I have never forgotten about my time working at Big Value and the Canciani family. They made all their employees feel like family, and I know the customers felt that too. I worked with a lot of great people and I am very honored to have been part of Big Value's history. I will always remember working in a neighborhood grocery store where all the regular customers knew you by name. Now that I live in a big city, I sometimes miss that small town feeling you get from a place like Big Value. The Caniani family was always special to me and I wish them nothing but the best and I am happy to hear that the store is up and running again. Here's to another 40 years of success and being a caring hometown grocery store. Thank you for the great memories, good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horny chat (Apr '10) Tue hikgugig 18
Attempted Robbery, Larceny, Drug Conspiracy - F... Dec 15 Johnny Z 2
Parents fear for missing daughter, 17 (Oct '07) Nov '14 MXeditor 145
Torrington parents demand action on race relations (Mar '10) Nov '14 Suzie 6
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Torrington, CT (Mar '12) Nov '14 Paul 2
Eddie DuBois Oct '14 A Friend 1
Police seize large amounts of marijuana, cash h... (Feb '11) Sep '13 American Gentlema... 38
Harwinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harwinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harwinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harwinton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:55 am PST