Massachusetts Popular pair easily defeat challengers, will move...

There are 7 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Sep 17, 2008, titled Massachusetts Popular pair easily defeat challengers, will move.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Two of the state's longtime, popular politicians easily won their contests yesterday in the state's Democratic primary election on a day that yielded low voter turnout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

UGGG

Rensselaer, NY

#1 Sep 17, 2008
Isn't Olver the Norwegian word for "useless?" (I know it's not)

He's not bad, but he doesn't ever seem to do anything.
Prove me wrong

Albany, NY

#2 Sep 17, 2008
Except vote in Congress to raise your taxes. Look it up.
lost freedoms

South Windsor, CT

#3 Sep 17, 2008
So why in the "unbiased" Berkshire Buzzard do we get several days of "news" with the liberal incumbents names plastered as "Headings" for the, well what they are stories, not news. Mr. Editor do you even care whom they are running against??? I assume this "unbiased" coverage will only be more intense in the general election.

The berkshires needs an unbiased source of news, an it's not getting it from the Buzzard.
Truckdriver

Watervliet, NY

#4 Sep 17, 2008
Let's see without taxes you would not have roads, police, firemen, schools, you would be left with naysaying neanderthals that would be free to beat women ect...
lost freedoms

South Windsor, CT

#5 Sep 17, 2008
Prove me wrong wrote:
Except vote in Congress to raise your taxes. Look it up.
He and NObama/Biden ticket wants to take away all means to protect yourself (in your own home no less) too as they oppose the 2nd amendment.

They all work real hard at that, look at all three's voting records.

Liberals want to respond/refute this??? It's a REAL ISSUE!

This and their sponsorship of citizenship for criminal aliens are two of the reasons this Independent will never vote for them.
CJG

Easthampton, MA

#6 Sep 17, 2008
Truckdriver wrote:
Let's see without taxes you would not have roads, police, firemen, schools, you would be left with naysaying neanderthals that would be free to beat women ect...
Oh, so it's taxes that are the bulwark of civilization? Government is the all giving, all knowing, all good entity? Are you a public employee by any chance? Love the brilliant point about naysaying neanderthals beating women if taxes get too low - you must be a graduate of one of those great public schools that our tax dollars are wasted on. Kerry and Olver are two hacks that keep getting elected by idiots like you who deserve what they get.
pat the painter

Russell, MA

#7 Sep 17, 2008
The voters in Massachusetts should be ashamed of themselves for choosing any incumbent. The state is losing people, doesn't get much back for their taxes, like West Virginia or Alaska, and certainly don't have any elected politician watching out for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Falmouth schools closed Friday; fourth straight... May 5 other learning 1
News School closings and other cancellations May 5 other learning 1
News Paralyzed officer credits family, friends for s... (Sep '06) Feb '15 Rick Harrington 12
News Can You Paint Ceramic Tile? Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
News Hyannis man charged with rape of teenager (Sep '14) Dec '14 The Girl 2
Ewww Dec '14 Shakira 1
Irish cyclist, in a coma since 2013 accident on... Dec '14 DianeR 1
More from around the web

Harwich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]