Mass. weighs commercial striped bass ...

Mass. weighs commercial striped bass fishing ban

There are 3 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 18, 2010, titled Mass. weighs commercial striped bass fishing ban. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The feisty and enormously popular striped bass would be off limits to all commercial fishermen in Massachusetts under a proposal being considered by state lawmakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Fisherman

Peabody, MA

#1 Jan 19, 2010
Don't turn the striped bass fishing over to the commercial businesses. This is one of the last fish that is great fishing for private citizens.
Don't forget it wasn't too long ago that their were limits on size because the stock was becoming depleted because of over fishing(commercial).

Let me,and other little guys the pleasure of fishing these great sport fish.
hnn

Haverhill, MA

#2 Jan 19, 2010
How ridicoulus the fish are no longer here...the gulf stream current is all but stopped..the fish follow the current..this is a disaster for europe who get their heat from the current during the winter,,,big freezes coming never mind strippers..i used to catch plenty but up to three years ago the current stopped bringing them in numbers now its over
Tree

United States

#3 Jan 20, 2010
hnn, get rid of the Zebco 202 and maybe you will catch them again jeesh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harwich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beached Shark Gets a Life-Saving Tow Jul 16 flbadcatowner 4
News Hotel on North: Pittsfield's first boutique hot... Jun '15 cops are liars an... 3
News Falmouth schools closed Friday; fourth straight... May '15 other learning 1
News School closings and other cancellations May '15 other learning 1
News Paralyzed officer credits family, friends for s... (Sep '06) Feb '15 Rick Harrington 12
News Can You Paint Ceramic Tile? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
News Hyannis man charged with rape of teenager (Sep '14) Dec '14 The Girl 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harwich Mortgages