First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Tax Payer

Haslet, TX

#21 Aug 4, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Even worse knowing and overlooking. Go back and look why he left Alabama.
Where in Alabama? The digging is in process, I promise, but if you have any more information on anything it would help the process!
start here

Vilonia, AR

#22 Aug 4, 2012
http://apr.org/post/snead-state-president-res...

A quick Google will tell more.

Dexter, MO

#23 Aug 4, 2012
start here wrote:
http://apr.org/post/snead-stat e-president-resigns
A quick Google will tell more.
The board knew all this when they hired him and they know it now and still a quality employee lost a job. Speaks volumes on the quality of people here. He still has his job and that is the real crime. The Board Members will all try and act as though they were no part of this but they are just as guilty. Good luck to the teacher who lost a job but you need more than that when you only two weeks till the start of classes.
dont mess with me

Poplar Bluff, MO

#24 Aug 4, 2012
this is interesting

Poplar Bluff, MO

#25 Aug 4, 2012
Don't you people believe in prayer and positive confession? Get with it if you want good things to happen to you. Forget the whiney, negative complaints. God hates it. And throw in some faith too.
Concerned Tax Payer

United States

#26 Aug 5, 2012
Prayer is in process as well, but action, my friend, is just as important. Thanks for the comment though.

Marble Falls, TX

#27 Aug 5, 2012
Wonder if the teacher who lost her job has been doing much praying? I bet she has. I'm sure her family has as well. Oh, and one last thing I'm sure her creditors are as well.
jim

Bolivar, MO

#28 Jun 26, 2014
ohhhh wow good by DR SHIT HEAD.see ya god will get you.
jim

Bolivar, MO

#29 Jun 26, 2014
sweet home alabama
Bullsht

Lonoke, AR

#31 Jun 28, 2014
I don't understand why I have to pay taxes on TRC on my property taxes. Of course I understand school tax for public education but not a college. It's not free public education, the students pay tuition. It angers me every time I pay property taxes. And it's not just a small amount either. I paid for three rivers when I went there, I don't want to pay it every year on my property taxes! And another question, all of these off campus sights such as sikeston, Malden, ect, do they have to pay property taxes on TRC or just Poplar Bluff footing the bill again just like with 67 hwy?? Pisses me off!!!
Straight facts

Poplar Bluff, MO

#32 Jun 28, 2014
Bullsht wrote:
I don't understand why I have to pay taxes on TRC on my property taxes. Of course I understand school tax for public education but not a college. It's not free public education, the students pay tuition. It angers me every time I pay property taxes. And it's not just a small amount either. I paid for three rivers when I went there, I don't want to pay it every year on my property taxes! And another question, all of these off campus sights such as sikeston, Malden, ect, do they have to pay property taxes on TRC or just Poplar Bluff footing the bill again just like with 67 hwy?? Pisses me off!!!
Here you go. In this state areas were established in which junior college districts could be formed. If a district was established they a tax levy can voted on and levied by which the residents of that district with would provide a minimum amount to build and operate buildings. The cost of operating expense would come from tuition and any money that the state legislature would fund. State universities are built by funds from the state and operating funds come from the state along with tuition. three Rivers has a tuition history of being among the lowest tuition in the state because of district taxpayers. Out of district students pay a much higher tuition. The off campus centers are built by funds from that area ( not the 3R district). Students that attend those centers pay a higher tuition rate than a indistrict student.
Bullsht

Lonoke, AR

#33 Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for the facts. I appreciate it. I still don't want to pay taxes for the college and still think it's bs.
need the college

Poplar Bluff, MO

#34 Jun 29, 2014
The college is one of the most essential institutions in the area. It is much needed and has to have tax payer funds to exist and operate. This college runs on a shoestring budget and is very responsible with taxpayer money. The faculty is the lowest paid in the state yet the education and services are excellent. Businesses look for areas with a college when deciding where to expand. I am happy to pay taxes for education which actually improves an area and it's people. There are many things I am not happy about paying taxes for, but education is not one of them. If not for the college, we would have even more uneducated people on welfare than we do already. I would like to see people required to attend college or trade school instead of receiving welfare.
vanessa

United States

#35 Jun 29, 2014
Which building do you go to register here in bluff. I couldn't find it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harviell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Al and Sharon at club 67 2 hr Big 5
How about a park on the west side of town 2 hr Duh 6
Speedy Auction & Realty 3 hr Brenda 8
I need help 3 hr Guest 4
If You're Cheating... Be Nice To Your Secret Lo... 3 hr Onlooker 29
Dopers 3 hr LaffAtUrChit 10
Druggers dealing meth in qulin poplarbluff" 4 hr Terrry 14

Harviell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance