Harveys Lake might switch to Wyoming ...

Harveys Lake might switch to Wyoming County

There are 2 comments on the The Times-Tribune story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Harveys Lake might switch to Wyoming County. In it, The Times-Tribune reports that:

The office of state Rep. Karen Boback, R-117, has begun to look into whether it would be possible for Harveys Lake to leave Luzerne County and join Wyoming County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Tribune.

Gary Sell

AOL

#1 Sep 8, 2008
Can we all leave luzurne county. this reassessment is a joke!!!!i was paying 4 times the amount as people around me, and they still went up.

Gary Sell
JPK

Schnecksville, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2008
This is ridiculous. It takes the positive votes of at least two counties, Lake Township, and Harvey's Lake Borough to do this. You see the jointure must be a contiguous jointure and Lake Township makes is so. Secondly, once joined to Wyoming County Harvey's Lake is subject to their assessment - and frankly, they live on a resort lake. They have been undercharged for years. Maybe there should be a rule to go back several years and claim taxes when they were undertaxed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harveys Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old train roundhouse. Aug 27 carlo 1
state game land timber Aug 21 Jake 1
News Misericordia Aug '17 skook whitenigr 3
Mike Wilkes of Dallas High? Jun '17 NelsonKane 2
News Kingston Man Charged in Baseball Bat Beating of... (Aug '06) Jun '17 Laura 5
new facebook group - "plymouth pa 1960shawnee s... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Bob Wychulis 1
News Edwardsville man indicted for alleged robbery (Jan '17) Jan '17 alyssa 1

Harveys Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harveys Lake Mortgages