Court bans death penalty for child rape

Court bans death penalty for child rape

There are 7 comments on the GoErie.com story from Jun 26, 2008, titled Court bans death penalty for child rape. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

The court's 5-4 decision struck down a Louisiana law that allows capital punishment for people convicted of raping children under 12.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Joe Erie

Erie, PA

#1 Jun 26, 2008
The ultimate punishment needs to be reserved for the ultimate crime, the taking of a life. A person who is killed has no future, any other victim, of even the most heinous crimes, have their life. Lifetime imprisonment without parole should be imposed in the most serious cases. But if we kill offenders for other crimes, who is to say that we don't end up like other countries - death for DUI, amputation for petty theft, "how low will it go?" I believe a bright line needs to be drawn - bloodlust does not belong in our legislatures or our courtrooms.

“Love Freedom, Thank a Soldier”

Since: Feb 08

Erie,PA

#2 Jun 26, 2008
Joe Erie wrote:
The ultimate punishment needs to be reserved for the ultimate crime, the taking of a life. A person who is killed has no future, any other victim, of even the most heinous crimes, have their life. Lifetime imprisonment without parole should be imposed in the most serious cases. But if we kill offenders for other crimes, who is to say that we don't end up like other countries - death for DUI, amputation for petty theft, "how low will it go?" I believe a bright line needs to be drawn - bloodlust does not belong in our legislatures or our courtrooms.
What you consider blood lust some may consider justice. If anyone ever touched one of my children, I'd be afraid of what might happen to them.
citigirl

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2008
Funny how the libs always scream about 'protecting the children', and yet....here we have 5 libs all doing anything but that.

:) citi
Just me

Erie, PA

#4 Jun 26, 2008
citigirl wrote:
Funny how the libs always scream about 'protecting the children', and yet....here we have 5 libs all doing anything but that.
That's because children are close to being fetuses, so they have less rights in the liberal hierarchy than fully-grown molesters.
Ida Tarbell

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#5 Jun 26, 2008
Victim's Rights groups support this decision.
citigirl

United States

#6 Jun 27, 2008
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because children are close to being fetuses, so they have less rights in the liberal hierarchy than fully-grown molesters.
Yes that's right. Children, to libs, are those fetusus who managed to get out of the mother's womb alive.
Though I hear B. Hussein has an interesting take on whether or not those children should be allowed to survive.
Darn! I keep forgetting that!

citigirl

United States

#7 Jun 27, 2008
Ida Tarbell wrote:
Victim's Rights groups support this decision.
Is not the molested child the victim?
Or are you talking about the victimized child-molester Ida dear?
Can't tell with you libs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Leftovers 21,051
Who's Your Daddy? 8 hr Kobas Casserole 1
does make you think why nolas around Fri its your life 1
jay z the important message Aug 17 COCO4U 1
man. why new orleans is just left for dead. wil... Aug 16 you hate the truth 2
power was left behind at nola, and for reason o... Aug 16 left to people who 1
check out noladefender for up to date crime rep... Aug 15 stay broke 2

Harvey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvey Mortgages