Murders Soar in New Orleans Suburb

Murders Soar in New Orleans Suburb

There are 31 comments on the The Associated Press story from Aug 15, 2006, titled Murders Soar in New Orleans Suburb . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Murders are up more than 50 percent this year in suburban New Orleans' Jefferson Parish, and the sheriff blames drug dealers who have set up operations here after being driven out of the big city by Hurricane ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HardWorker

Slidell, LA

#1 Aug 17, 2006
read it and weep America, this is what the lower class in New Orleans does for fun... and has been for about 15 years.... and now its spilling into all the surrounding communities... dont expect the locals in the surrounding communities to play nice with the poor poor govt-cheese-babies like New Orleans DA Jordan has.... Heck, they might even catch some serious jail time in St Tammany or Jefferson....
HardWorker

Slidell, LA

#2 Aug 17, 2006
Not to mention that they're spilling into "White Flight" areas where people despise the bottom feeding criminal element of New Orleans. Farm boys don't play, big time practicioners of good 'ole vigilante justice.... It'll be like Deliverance REDUX
Ana

Ormond Beach, FL

#3 Aug 17, 2006
HardWorker wrote:
read it and weep America, this is what the lower class in New Orleans does for fun... and has been for about 15 years.... and now its spilling into all the surrounding communities... dont expect the locals in the surrounding communities to play nice with the poor poor govt-cheese-babies like New Orleans DA Jordan has.... Heck, they might even catch some serious jail time in St Tammany or Jefferson....
Yes indeed we are to our ears with them already cann't way to see them all out of my city in the westbank.
HardWorker

Slidell, LA

#4 Aug 17, 2006
Ana wrote:
<quoted text> Yes indeed we are to our ears with them already cann't way to see them all out of my city in the westbank.
fraid it wont happen, dear. Ya'll have that awesome "try and we'll block the bridge policy". I think we might have to take that one on over here on the northshore. The thing thats gonna be the catalyst is gonna be the next big hurricane. If you didn't have a gun before Katrina, you sure as hell have one now. And everyone is just aching to bag a looter trying to trash their neighborhood. At least I am :-)
Ana

Ormond Beach, FL

#5 Aug 18, 2006
HardWorker wrote:
<quoted text>
fraid it wont happen, dear. Ya'll have that awesome "try and we'll block the bridge policy". I think we might have to take that one on over here on the northshore. The thing thats gonna be the catalyst is gonna be the next big hurricane. If you didn't have a gun before Katrina, you sure as hell have one now. And everyone is just aching to bag a looter trying to trash their neighborhood. At least I am :-)
I see the reason why..... ofcourse we will see the ones who would yell "how could you shot him, he was such an angel" even tough his rapsheet is a mile long....:) take care
GET

Marrero, LA

#6 Aug 19, 2006
I've been retired from the military for a few years now so please send them over to the Westbank so I can use them as target practice. If you don't shoot for awhile you tend to get alittle rusty.
Garrett

Australia

#7 Aug 22, 2006
You three are losers!
Wayne

Geneva, NY

#8 Aug 23, 2006

It been not like that for 15 years N.O. been one of an American City that been aways like that it was aways an place for the sub-culture one of the first city in America.
Ana

Luling, LA

#9 Aug 24, 2006
Garrett wrote:
You three are losers!
Why???? for telling the true.... Have you live here????
Sadie

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Aug 24, 2006
I can understand how the people in the suburbs feel, both black and white. I am African American and my family are hard working decent people who live on the West Bank. I have lived out of state for a number of years and I see what is going on. Also I fear for my parents who by the way when we moved to the neighborhood where they have lived for about 30 years in a 95% white neighborhood always had the best kept house and lawn, are now affraid of what I personaly call the cock roaches who have manefested themselves in the surronding areas of La. I say arm yourselves and do what you have to do to keep yours and what's yours safe. Authorities cannot do it.
Ellie

Ruston, LA

#11 Aug 24, 2006
Garrett wrote:
You three are losers!
Garrett....
Have you ever been to New Orleans for any significant length of time. The things that these people are saying about the "Trash" that reside there are true. You have to be on constant guard. You can't depend on the police to take care of you, because there is so much going on there and there aren't nearly enough police to handle it all. Sure, they may be talking vigilante justice, but when it comes to protecting yourself and your family from the dealers and murderers, it's necessary. If you haven't been there and seen it first hand, then you really need to shut the hell up, unless you sympathize with the scum... and of course if you do, I guess your probably scum yourself.
godsunone

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Sep 4, 2006
you crackers kill me! its amazing that the same people who' culture you immulate, you mock and degrade. believe it or not, the same criminal element that you all are afraid of, hard working, conscious black dislike as well. id like to see white people survive in the conditions that we are forced to endure, you wouldnt and you cant, because history proves it. yes...... we have some problems in our community, but you couldnt even begin to understand, beacause they stem from a lot of self hatred that your for-fathers instilled in our people. we have been stripped of our idenity, and knowledge of our greatness that surpassess any other people. what i hear comming from your mouths is clear hate, so if we have hatred and anger in us, consider where we learned it from. the white community, has always been the epi-center, racism, murder and the detruction of all weaker classess, since their beginning.
Ellie

Ruston, LA

#13 Sep 6, 2006
godsunone wrote:
you crackers kill me! its amazing that the same people who' culture you immulate, you mock and degrade. believe it or not, the same criminal element that you all are afraid of, hard working, conscious black dislike as well. id like to see white people survive in the conditions that we are forced to endure, you wouldnt and you cant, because history proves it. yes...... we have some problems in our community, but you couldnt even begin to understand, beacause they stem from a lot of self hatred that your for-fathers instilled in our people. we have been stripped of our idenity, and knowledge of our greatness that surpassess any other people. what i hear comming from your mouths is clear hate, so if we have hatred and anger in us, consider where we learned it from. the white community, has always been the epi-center, racism, murder and the detruction of all weaker classess, since their beginning.
Hey, noone has said that all the trash there is black. And if there is more black trash, it's because there are more black people. Not because I or someone else is racist. I have seen all walks of life down there and I have dealt with just as many white idiots there as I have black idiots. The bottom line is a junkie is a junkie, a dealer is a dealer, a murder and thief and rapist are just that. And if you want to blame it on our "forefathers", then go ahead. If you have self-hatred, that's on you. Hey, everybody has issues, but I find it hard to believe that in this day and age it's because of our "forefathers" from years ago. Hey, they're all dead and buried now. This is an entirely new era. Black people have opportunities as well as all other races. What you choose to do with it is up to you. Stop yelling racism. That isn't the reason for all the problems your race (if that is your race) is up against. That's just a cop out. Nor is slavery the cause of all your problems. Get over it. Do something about it and stop bitching. Educate your children and teach them right from wrong, just as everyone should do. The criminal element doesn't just come from one race. We all have it. We just don't blame it on everyone else.
Ana

Dillon, SC

#14 Sep 6, 2006
Ellie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, noone has said that all the trash there is black. And if there is more black trash, it's because there are more black people. Not because I or someone else is racist. I have seen all walks of life down there and I have dealt with just as many white idiots there as I have black idiots. The bottom line is a junkie is a junkie, a dealer is a dealer, a murder and thief and rapist are just that. And if you want to blame it on our "forefathers", then go ahead. If you have self-hatred, that's on you. Hey, everybody has issues, but I find it hard to believe that in this day and age it's because of our "forefathers" from years ago. Hey, they're all dead and buried now. This is an entirely new era. Black people have opportunities as well as all other races. What you choose to do with it is up to you. Stop yelling racism. That isn't the reason for all the problems your race (if that is your race) is up against. That's just a cop out. Nor is slavery the cause of all your problems. Get over it. Do something about it and stop bitching. Educate your children and teach them right from wrong, just as everyone should do. The criminal element doesn't just come from one race. We all have it. We just don't blame it on everyone else.
Thank you. you have nail it...
Ellie

Ruston, LA

#15 Sep 7, 2006
Ana wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. you have nail it...
You're quite welcome, Ana. I have read most of your postings and I believe we think along the same lines. Keep up the good work.
HardWorkr

Slidell, LA

#16 Sep 7, 2006
godsunone wrote:
Fraid I never mentioned class other than "White Flight" which is talked about in Louisiana History classes at LSU. Its a class thing, not a race thing. To make it a race thing is just baiting/card playing and a scapegoat
HardWorker

Slidell, LA

#17 Sep 7, 2006
godsunone wrote:
and knowledge of our greatness that surpassess any other people.
So Africans have acheived greatness that surpasses any other civilization??? Ya gotta love it. I would have a hundred Sharpton wannabe's on my back if I said White Americans have acheived greatness that surpasses any other civilization. I do beleive you just made both point and case.

And if you do beleive this, prove it please. Cite that goofy "african inventions" website posted on geocities and I'll laugh myself to sleep cause thats a hoax. Call me a racist liar and I'd have to direct you to the national patent database. Over 98% inaccurate. Call that a racist organization and I'll call you a babbling retard.

Boom, now I'm done with ya.
Ana

Dillon, SC

#18 Sep 8, 2006
Ellie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite welcome, Ana. I have read most of your postings and I believe we think along the same lines. Keep up the good work.
Hi Ellie, I just say or a try to say things as I see them. Today most people is afraid to say things are politically incorrect I try not to offend people I just think that closing our eyes to reality is not the way to solve anything. I am glad you see things how I see them..... it will be good to see some of your input in many subjects...take care :)
JDC

Metairie, LA

#19 Sep 14, 2006
Hey, what about the "old" people... oh! and by the way, a spel check might give a lil crebidillity to some openonions...
anonominous

United States

#20 Nov 11, 2006
godsunone wrote:
first of all, we cant stand your filthy culture, let alone immulate it. maybe white people some do, but we hate them too. second, we dont live in the conditions you do because we work hard for a good life for our families, you just leech off the govt and live like animals because youre lazy and pathetic, that doesnt mean we couldnt handle living in poverty. third, i served my country for 5 years as an infantryman in the U S Army, including a combat tour of duty. Id love to see, or any of you filthy dumbass ni**ers with your pants down around your knees endure those conditions. youre damn right we hate you. all you do is burden our ecomomy, lower our property values and terrorize our community. and by the way, hating you doesnt mean we're scared of you. come on my property at night. i dare you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Hate 21,723
how did this city turn into such a chitwhole (Nov '17) Fri citizen 12
News Indicted DEA agent Chad Scott faces new miscond... May 17 Jack Mehoff 1
Are people truly living in new orleans? May 16 that flag 2
monkeyism May 16 that flag 1
ed drugs May 16 anderson 2
How Corrupt is the Gretna Police Dept? (May '11) May 11 ACAB 21

Harvey Jobs

Personal Finance

Harvey Mortgages